The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Coschi

Hello Musicians in Melbourne

Who are you and what are you doing with yourself?

I'm eager to hear from

-instrumentalists

-composers

-song writers

-bands

-IDM/ambient producers

-abstract / expressionist

In saying that, I'm all ears :wink:

That's fantastic!

How are you doing that ? :wub:

are you recording sounds yourself?

is it just you or a collaboration?

hey coschi, your avatar, its settlers of catan!! i love that game

Hi Dave

Settlers of Catan ay. ? never heard of that! but you're right it's pretty similar

It's actually of one of my favorite groups,

So NegativeDave you get up to some music stuff yourself?

This might be a little too electronic for your liking... i'm not sure... But this is how I roll :wink:

Loads more here: http://soundcloud.com/matter

Have been playing with all sorts of instruments all my life, but I only ever release my electronic vibes. Avid guitarist too, but only campfire stylee.

Zen Peddler - i love what you've got goin on there. Great atmosphere in your tunes. The drums in that first tune sound very 909 or 303... are they from hardware or samples?

Edited by trichpach

That's great mate

No such thing as too electronic!

Boards of Canada, Richard D James are mostly what I listen to these days. What I love most about electronic audio is I feel it's transparent, and I can hear right through it and meet, and know, the creator, the inspiration. Much of the commercial instrumental music around at the moment has so much bad attitude and pour intentions involved.. It bypsses the point for the mostpart (just my thought, feel free to tell me to shut it!)

hey mate, www.soundcloud.com/achuma see what you think

Thanks - usually I just arrange and sequence samples usually fucking with them pre sequencing or as automated plug in effects. The second track i actually recorded on an 8 track and then created a sequenced drum arrangement trying to use as many different snares as possible to make it sound like real drums which it was intended to be but the drummer from the band I was in wasnt very reliable in terms of allowing me to record. All just me, thanks for listening.

And yes the percussions in the first track are a very famous drum machine from an older time :)

hey mate, www.soundcloud.com/achuma see what you think

you got some really nice grooves playing there mate, I love all the dub you're playing with there.

I'm big on old dub and reggae, and find it really hard to get into anything more recent. but, your stuff is great!

Are you mixing on a desk? tape delay on a send? I sure hope that's how you're doing it :P

Thanks - usually I just arrange and sequence samples usually fucking with them pre sequencing or as automated plug in effects. The second track i actually recorded on an 8 track and then created a sequenced drum arrangement trying to use as many different snares as possible to make it sound like real drums which it was intended to be but the drummer from the band I was in wasnt very reliable in terms of allowing me to record. All just me, thanks for listening.

And yes the percussions in the first track are a very famous drum machine from an older time :)

I'm also curious how you're approaching mixing Zen dude?

by the way, I had the first track on repeat for ages, loving it!

Cheers I use logic and a behringer synth im slowly building a studio. i love all the old dub plates and have a pretty extensive collection. Im also a big fan of electronic music especially detroit techno and some of the more avant garde shit.

Cheers I use logic and a behringer synth im slowly building a studio. i love all the old dub plates and have a pretty extensive collection. Im also a big fan of electronic music especially detroit techno and some of the more avant garde shit.

If you love the old dub stuff, and it certainly sounds like you do, I bet you'd really love something like a Tascam 388 (if you can find one locally)

these guys certainly seem to enjoy theirs! www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aDxXDUxiaI they've got the nice Roland 301, 8 tracks is where it's at :worship:

• Like 1

the old analog stuff is cool. especially the 303 roland bassline. That bubbly acidic sound!

I love that stuff mate. I grew up to acid styles and sloppy bassline splatters. Id like to bring it back actually - techno in those days was kinda nasty

and some scary whining 303:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E0ktK76pmuc

So ? lets bring that shit back. its gonna be an analog bubblebath. Im trying to get as many people to collaborate as possible. I want to try and form a collective. All putting in to create something powerful!

yeah man Id love to. Im actually pricing old 303s on ebay as we speak! But that is my aim when I organised. I have another artist interested as well who used to be signed.