The Corroboree
LikeAshesWeFade

Cyrenian House/Farm - Perth

Hey guys, just looking into some rehabs to try and curve my ever-growing severe addiction to Cannabis..

Up until now it's always been the legal incense but now that's been banned my only problem is bloody weed. I cannot give the stuff up and I mean I will consider spending my last $25 to get a gram instead of holding onto the cash or spending it on necessary items.

They have Mimidi Park down this way which you can get away for upto 12wks but they are solely based around psychiatric meds, not natural alternatives. Cyrenian House seems to be a natural-based, therapeutic rehab where you can get right out of the rush of things and just relax..!

Has anyone else ever been through this program? Would love some feedback on what its like etc. http://cyrenianhouse.com

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

Try smoking a bit of Calea zacatechichi...it's only mild, effects wise. But, it might help u break the smoking habit.

Tip - try not 2 pass it over the tip of ur toung, the taste is foul. Just puff on it, it's not going 2 get u wasted, but it does have a mild benzo type effect.

The SAB store sell it & happy high herbs do also. SAB is about the same price 4 twice the amount.

• Like 1

yeah im in the same boat LAWF, maybe we could check it out together? im too scared to go by myself.

Nice suggestions SC but nothing is like weed, ive tried all differant herbs with no effects.

i think herbs are not enough for how heavy our addiction is.

i was addicted to meth about 5 years ago and i just quit it one day, easy as hell, never looked back

but weed is another story.

i would prob cut off my toe to get high

if someone pops up in this thread saying "weed is not addictive" i will go ape shit at them

i buy weed before anything else as well, before food.

have you had a look at Palmeston farm LAWF

thats not even funny, seriously

you couldnt of picked a worse time to say that

it sucks when your parents are benzo and gambling addicts but think you have the problems, farkin hypocrite drone sheeple.

Edited by Bush Turkey
  • Like 1

ive calmed down now and it actually is a bit funny :P sorry therefore, i really should smoke before posting

i scare myself when im sober

Edited by Bush Turkey
  • Like 1

this is Palmerston.. http://www.palmerston.org.au/

There is another one in Geraldton which is more natural. They keep ya occupied with horticulture, drumming and yoga

I was even thinking of going to see if there is any thing available at The Origin centre in Balingup... http://origins.mysouthwest.com.au/

The origins centre is right in the special place :P

Edited by Bush Turkey
  • Like 1

Haha omg... After reading what you said BT then seeing the comment afterward I had to have a laugh haha! I'm exactly the same as you bush mate.. Quit the meth and other rc's quite easily but pot is so social for me it's impossible!! Im going to an info group on tuesday if ur keen bro! I've not looked at the palmeston farm yet will have to give it a look!

• Like 1

where is this info group??? i was going to go see a counciler on thursday but they just shit me.

yeah man after our 5 page pm's i gathered you were in the same boat as me.

i only wake up in the morning for weed, otherwise NOTHING is fun

PM me ur mobile number dude be good to have a (quicker) chat! That's the problem in having atm trying to quit, NOTHING at all seems to amuse me. Watching tv all day and looking for work is just plain shit. My plants can only handle so much love, they are like (some) women in a way.. Give em too much attention n they'll get sick of you! :)

anything can be addictive... eating, exercising, praying, watching tv, playing video games, cleaning... what ever...

it's human nature.

• Like 2

Well said chnt! I cannot relate to the topic, just thought chnt had a point.

I think therefore was just joking. Weed can definitely be addictive. Don't be scared of pharms OP, they can work wonders if used wisely.

Hey my latest discovery for nausea: low dose phenergan (otc too) ... works as a sleep aid, mild sedative too

If your taking Chilli's advice, make sure you get the green pack. But you build tollerence to them quick enough. I have allergys and critters so i take 1-2 of them a night.

Harmfull adictions really suck. I hope you guys can sort out your intake of whatevers to a level you are happy with. Best of luck.

Edited by eatfoo
  • Like 1

The green pack? Ours are greenish: 25mg tablets which I've been chopping into quarters and taking two to four quarters a day PRN.

I haven't noticed any diminishing effect with the anti-emesis and I imagine the tolerance would be with the sedating/hypnotic side effects and not the anti-emesis and anti-histamine actions?

My chem make up must b different because when I was given phenergan as a kid it got me off my dial.. Bouncing off the walls! Likewise with opiates.. They stimulate me instead of sedate me! :(

tried all herbs SC, they were the first things i tried. All these herbs are way too mild.

i want to try Kratom though, ill head overseas for it.

Wether Therefore was joking or not he is right, Cannabis is not addictive.

Addiction requires not only psychological dependence but also physical dependence & Cannabis has not been shown to cause physical dependence.

That in no way diminishes what people are going through or have gone through, for some it can be realy tough for others it can quite easily be given up. From personal experience its quite easy for me to stop smoking once I set my mind to it so please do'nt diminish others experience either.

Cannabis is addictive in the convuluted ambiguos way that gambling or sex or shopping is addictive. I think its riddiculous to use it in the sense of both pschologicaly & physicaly dependent addictions like heroin or alcohol addiction where abrupt cessation leads to very real physical withdrawal symptoms.

I think psychological dependence is a much better way to define it then addiction.

I think alot of the dependence is actualy in the rituals associated with it, reducing & changing these rituals & finding other things to replace them with has been benficial for me.

I've probly already said to much so i'll leave it at that.

Best of luck with it.

There is NO alternative to mary jane

If there was mankind would probably have been using it for the last thousand years...it's hard to keep quiet about these things.

• Like 1

Cannabis is not addictive.

i guess it depends on which definition you are using.

Addiction is the continued use of a mood altering substance or behaviour despite adverse consequences,[1] or a neurological impairment leading to such behaviors[2].

Addictions can include, but are not limited to, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, exercise abuse, and gambling. Classic hallmarks of addiction include: impaired control over substances/behavior, preoccupation with substance/behavior, continued use despite consequences, and denial.[3] Habits and patterns associated with addiction are typically characterized by immediate gratification (short-term reward), coupled with delayed deleterious effects (long-term costs).[4] Physiological dependence occurs when the body has to adjust to the substance by incorporating the substance into its 'normal' functioning.[5] This state creates the conditions of tolerance and withdrawal. Tolerance is the process by which the body continually adapts to the substance and requires increasingly larger amounts to achieve the original effects. Withdrawal refers to physical and psychological symptoms people experience when reducing or discontinuing a substance the body had become dependent on. Symptoms of withdrawal generally include but are not limited to anxiety, irritability, intense cravings for the substance, nausea, hallucinations, headaches, cold sweats, and tremors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

Evidence for cannabis dependence comes from a number of sources including epidemiological surveys,[5][6][7][8] studies of long-term users,[9][10] clinical trials of people seeking treatment,[11][12][13] controlled experiments on withdrawal and tolerance [14][15][16] and laboratory studies on cannabis brain mechanisms.[17] Budney et al. state that "clinical and epidemiological studies indicate that cannabis dependence is a relatively common phenomenon associated with significant psychosocial abnormality. Basic research has identified a neurobiological system specific to the actions of cannabinoids. Human and non-human studies have demonstrated a valid withdrawal syndrome that is relatively common among heavy marijuana users".[18] In addition, clinical trials evaluating treatments for cannabis dependence indicate that, among other substance dependencies, cannabis dependency is responsive to intervention.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_dependence

Edited by nabraxas

Wether Therefore was joking or not he is right, Cannabis is not addictive.

Addiction requires not only psychological dependence but also physical dependence & Cannabis has not been shown to cause physical dependence.

sorry but i think you couldn't be more wrong. You have never seen someone like me quit weed, vomiting, nausea, sweets, RLS, joint pain, cramps, green apple splatters and more

yeah it may not be physical for most people but it IS for me.

for me meth was a non physical addiction. i felt awesome coming off it

I have actualy had some of those symptoms aswell BT, so I do beieve you. The worst for me was insomnia.

You might also be suprised to find gambling or sex 'addicts' where there is clearly no physical dependence also experience these symptoms.

Edited by shruman

I too experience physical withdrawal when coming off incense/cannabis. Strange really..