The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
vual

Nimbin Mardi Grass Meet 2012

2012WebPoster.jpg

Some of us are going to meet up for a chat and trade and what not at this years mardigrass, anyone feel free to join, there is no official meeting spot or time yet, this thread is to talk about it.

You can attend for free, just rock up in your van park it up and hang about, but if you like the cause its respectable to pay the price for the arm band so you can attent talks and the ball and games and stuff... all weekend pass is $50 pp (also funds the H.E.M.P party).

camping, is 75$ at the caravan site for 3 days, or 50$ at the show grounds, and normally the same down hear the rainbow temple and Nimbin Rox. otherwise just sleep in van on side of road, have never had any troubles doing this before. (http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/accom.html'>http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/accom.html)

If you have no money and dont wanna bum around then you can always volanteer you get camping and a pass in exchange ;) but really you goto be there today for this....

keep the chat about the meet and what we can do in this thread ;)

http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/

program: http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/accom.html'>http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/accom.html

-v

bring some seeds last year there was a organised "seed trade" put on by the mardi grass organisers. and we can have our own private one ;)

wish i could be there, have a good one mate ;)

whats with the mayan imagery? are the going to hold ritual beheadings to herald the coming of the new age?

• Like 1

whats with the mayan imagery? are the going to hold ritual beheadings to herald the coming of the new age?

.... lol, I hope so,hmm maybe im thinking about a different type of head then you ;)

Edited by vual

thinking

I will be there, hope to be able to catch up with some people. I will be camped in the caravan park somewhere.

I will be sure to stow away my seeds in case i can stumble upon the seed swap :)

Edited by DarkSpark

WIll also be there with DarkSpark!

look for the guy with the big black russian hat as it gets cooler (like kyle from southpark but black)

my white vs commodore will be our mode of flying whilst down there RHA is the letters of my plate!

Cmon guys.....i want to meet some of you in the flesh.....except darkspark as i already know he is one ugly mug ;)

Ill be bringing my seed cases, but if anyone wants me to bring actual plants or cuttings down, please let me know before friday!

If anyone i still owe seeds to is going......you will be HOOKED UP if i see you there!

sounds great cant wait to meet yall in flesh, i think rumble and sc are going also and a few others, we should organise a time and place to meet ??? 0_o

Ill be bringing some tradabes ...... i think i owe you a trade still 2deep??

i also will be a at the caravan park ;)

Sure wish I could be there for this. Looks set to be tense and amazing at the same time. There will be some good panel from some of the best heads on drug reform in this country gathering for this protest. And I think the EGA panellist might drop an announcement about a special forthcoming event ;-)

(Make sure your on the EGA mailing list - Hint :devil:,Link to sign up on web page)

www.entheo.net

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 3

I won't be able to make it this year. A huge list of things keeping me back at the moment unfortunately :(

Got a few friends going down again, costs way too much for me right now.

I hope you guys enjoy yourselves:)

EGA pannalist Dr Des Tramacchi ? (http://www.nimbinmar..._Tramacchi.html)

Sataday, 12 noon – 12.30pm - ENTHEOGENIC PERSPECTIVES (Location not sure, check the board ouside the embasy)

Hope to see ya'll at the talk.

For some, the kind herb provides what theologians of old called a “sanctifying grace”, a state of mind in which the divine presence resides in our hearts, infusing the fleeting days with a sense of holiness. Psychoactive plants and substances that promote this sense of the spiritual element of human life are known as entheogens. Is Cannabis an entheogen? Are we just getting stoned, or do some stoners get more out of their weed than others? While there are many ways to use Cannabis, this session explores the spiritual context, including:

- Getting “out of it” by “putting into it”: the merits of intention and ritual in optimising the stone-zone

- Marijuana and institutionalised religions: Sadhus, Rastafarian, and more recent Cannabis Churches

- What are the myths surrounding sex & cannabis? Cannabis has been used as an aphrodisiac for thousands of years for both men and women.

Im camping at the caravan park, anyone who wants to meet up / trade or hang, swing me a PM...

Edited by vual

Im going this year last year last i was to out of it to do anything but hopefully this year i can get see some shit and meet some of you :-)

lol cactuscarl that sounds so reminiscent of all my experiences at mardigrass. I missed it last year for the first time in like 7 years, but most of them are usually spent down in the camping fields within a 100m radius of tent, as im way too fucked up to do much else Really hope i can meet ya down there buddy....

All SABérs should all wear or do the same identifying mark, so when we run into each other, we know that we are chatting to a fellow SABer?

something as simple as a pen in our top pockets? i dont know any ideas?

All SABérs should all wear or do the same identifying mark, so when we run into each other, we know that we are chatting to a fellow SABer?

something as simple as a pen in our top pockets? i dont know any ideas?

Wear berets

^ i dont own a beret lol, i wish i did at times...?

I like the pen idea... honestly good idea.... i think something like that needs to be arranged....

Something that dosnt stand out im not wearing a laminated name tag all weekend.

Maybe a RED PEN or a GREEN highlighter, that way everyone with normal pens will not be approched......

hmm that means i goto wear shirts with pockets at all times...

whats some ideas time is running out!!

hmm to save wearing pockets maybe tie a blue bit of string around your wrist or something along those lines??

Edited by vual

seems like a perfect opportunity to have some SAB t-shirts printed

• Like 1

well we got 12hrs left before most will be down there lol >< whats the plan lads?

Ill be wearing green wool around my left hand!

EDIT: Just look for my outlandishly yellow Australia crocs on my feet, and green wool around my hand!

Edited by 2Deep2Handle

I'll be in a black omn I've got long hair and sporting a beard hmmm just described 80% of the blokes down there and a few of the woman lol, scratch that. green wrist band sounds good I'll do the same but i won't be there till Saturday

can't wait to finally meet a few of you:-)

ok green wool here to, if i cant find wool ill something green and tie it to the left hand, and the code word is... SAB.... !!

Edited by vual

it was a great weekend, no trouble, cops where all smiling, very respectfull police this year.

Wife got drug tested in way in and on way out party member got van raided.

Cops where great in town really good this year just hard to get in..

Lots of good talks, lots of goodies... all in all it was a great weekend.... pitty i never ran into anyone from SAB lol :(

Edited by vual