The Corroboree

Well, I think that all of them sold, pending payments. If anyone drops the ball, I'll update this thread, but for now I think that's it.

Thanks for the interest everyone, hope you all enjoy your plants. Grow them well, keep them happy and share them around the community.

Edited by tripsis
  • Like 1

Due to a change of circumstances, a couple of members have decided not to buy these seedlings, so there are now two packages available again. Once these are gone, that will be it. PM if interested.

they look great i take 1 if theres any left

If anyone would like to expand their collection by trading any of these, with any seedlings from the last lot

please pm me

One lot remaining.

Bump.

god i wish i could get these :(

I have been watching at this thread and saying to myself no you don't need any more trich's and you don't have any where to put all of these.

Ok i am a weak bastard and my green house is just about finished so If the last lot is still available Tripsis I will take them.

I will send a pm shortly

Cheers

Got

Like will pay right now if.... The 2 x BK09509.2 ( Candelabra style ), the 1 x. T.tulhuayacensis KK337 x Trich.bridg, the 3 x T. Santaensis and definitely 2 x Juuls Giant cross and other small in number rarities are still included...( Excuse pickiness, just would hate to miss out due to being last, you maybe getting special requests and after people stuffed you around etc .)

So if original list is pretty much what I get and the extra rare ones promised at the beginning are still part of package than let me know by PM ing me your deposit details and the deal is done!!!!

Very exciting....you be true collector!

Thanks

Sanaam

All the remaining seedlings will be posted tomorrow.

To those who have already received their seedlings, I realised I have mixed up two hybrids.

T. peruvianus 'Serra Blue' X SS02 which was listed and T. peruvianus 'Serra Blue' X T. huanucoensis which I hadn't listed, having not realised I even had it! So what is labelled as T. peruvianus 'Serra Blue' X SS02 will be a mix of both hybrids. The fatter, greener ones are the T. peruvianus 'Serra Blue' X T. huanucoensis hybrid, though their are largish and greener T. peruvianus 'Serra Blue' X SS02 individuals too. To those who I'm posting the packages to tomorrow, you will have them labelled correctly. Sorry about that.

Edited by tripsis

^ bit of a legend tripsis. they arrived safely , & i have just finished sorting these to split with another member. i knew you would edit that first post, lucky i copy & pasted your notes on them earlier :wink:

FOR THOSE THAT NEED THE INFO

Some notes of the genetics of the above seedlings for those for familiar with SS stock:

T. pachanoi monstrose X T. pachanoi 'Huancabamba' - an awesome hybrid between a monstrose form of T. pachanoi and the form most common in Huancabamba in north-west Peru.

T. peruvianus 'Serra Blue' - 'Serra Blue' is "a beautiful stemmed fat clone from the Serra Gardens, originally part of Ed Gay's South American collections"

T. huanucoensis - "Forms candelabra like stands up to 20′ tall. 4-8″ diameter dark blue-green stems with 5-7 thick ribs. Brown felty areoles that bear up to 7 small radial spines and 3 centrals up to 2″ long. New growth on older stems is often completely spineless. White nocturnal flowers. Native to Huanuco, central Peru"

Trichocereus sp. BK09509.2 - Candelabra stems to 10′. Stems to 4″ diameter, dark green epidermis, new growth blushed blue. 5-7 radial spines, the downward facing ones up to 1.5″ long. 1 central spine to 2.5″. New spines yellow to red-brown in color. Growing on rocky cliffs, western slopes above the north end of the modern town of Chavin, 10,600′, Ancash Dept., Peru, not far from the famous ruins of Chavin de Huantar with its amazing subterranean labrynth and 3000 year old stone images of Trichocereus. This plant looks intermediate to T. santaensis (pachanoi) and T. cuzcoensis.

T. santaensis - a very beautiful pachanoid. Unfortunately I've lost the notes I had on this one.

T. terscheckii X T. 'huarzensis' - "the giant T. terscheckii crossed with another confusing plant from K. Knize, T. 'huarzensis' which is almost certainly synonymous with the pachanoid T. santaensis from the central Peruvian highlands"

T. chilensis X T. bridgesii - the first of the SS hybrids with T. chilensis

T. chilensis X T. huanucoensis - the first of the SS hybrids with T. chilensis

T. pachanoi BK08611.5 - wild collected T. pachanoi, a clone common around Lima City and much of peru. Very round smooth ribs, small areoles and spines with blue-green stems.

T. peruvianus BK08612.4 - wild collected above Matucana in Peru. "Fat blue-green stems to 6" or more in diameter. New spines are red to yellow, up to 3" long. Often growing prostrate. White flowers. Seed mostly from specimens with shorter spines, under 1" "

T. riomizquensis BK10508.7 - "Upright stand to 8′ tall. 2–5″ diameter stems with green to blue-green to yellow-green epidermis. 4–7 radial spines with 1–3 central spines to 3″ long. Looks to be a distinct spiny form of T. bridgesii. Planted around the town of Totora, Cochabamba Dept., Bolivia, 9,000′. Growing with Buddleja, Carica, and Asteraceae. Local women call it “achuma” and use it externally to treat fever. No one knew where it grew wild. We searched where Ritter first described the plant at Chujllas, and along the Rio Mizque, adjacent valleys and slopes, but never found a single wild plant."

'Luther Burbank' X SS02 x 20 - Luther Burbank is an heirloom peruvianoid. Can't find the other relevant info on it at the moment.

T. peruvianus 'Los Gentiles' - "Fat blue frosted upright stems 4″-6″ in diameter. Large fuzzy areoles with 6+ short radial spines and 1 or more long stout central spines. New spines originally blood red to yellow, fading to black and then dull gray or white with age. White flowers around the full moon. Ripe fruits are considered a choice “Pitahaya” for eating. Occurs at 8,000-11,000 feet in the central highlands of Peru near Matucana. Grows in a acequia irrigated agricultural system on rock wall borders of andenes and milpa style gardens. The cactus is referred to locally as “Pichu”. Said to have been tended to for at least 3,800 years by the lineage of people known as “Los Gentiles”."

T. tulhuayacensis KK337 X T. bridgesii- an extremely rare and unusual hybrid between the fascinating T. tulhuayacensis, which has bizarre red and pink mottled flowers and T. bridgesii, a hybrid which will surely produce fascinating progeny. These were by far the most expensive of all the seeds I bought and SS seeds are not cheap.

T. validus? Nl52509a - Thick columnar plant with large stout spines and big 4″ diameter sweet fruit. Collected by N. Logan at 7,600′, between the town of Puna and Belin, Potosi Province, Bolivia. These large Trichocereus are in need of serious study to clarify the taxonomy. This plant falls into the T. validus/werdermannianus/tacaquirensis/taquimbalensis/ escayachensis complex.

Thank you VERY much flora :worship: , your a hero & have saved me a heap of time.

Cheers

jox