The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Marcel

SoulPad or other bell tents: advice and thoughts

Heya.

I'm in the market for a new tent at the moment. A few people at last year's EGA had those cute SoulPad tents which look ace. There's another company called Psyclone Tents that have a very similar product (which I like a little better, actually). I know they're a bit expensive but they're darn nice things.

Anyone own one of these? What should I be aware of? Is the 4 metre size sufficient for a family of 4 that doesn't mind cuddling up together at night?

Wow thanks for pointing them out, i must admit i do love the design.

psyclone tents seem cheaper but they are international so shipping will be expenzive? with the other brand they are aussie made and the shipping is FREE....

i do like how the floor can come apart on the psyclone tents differnetly then the other brand and you can set it up as a day gazebo type thing when not needing to spend the night somewhere.

I dont think they are to expensive considering the quality and there canvas. I dont own one but would be interested in purchasing one, seems 4 can fit in a 5m tent comfortably by looking at the pics. I figure if you care going to spend the money on one why not just get a 5m design anyway.

Edited by vual

teepees are awesome and kinda easy to make. its hard to carry poles long enough for a decent size teepee though. maybe screw together ally poles would do it?

teepees are awesome and kinda easy to make. its hard to carry poles long enough for a decent size teepee though. maybe screw together ally poles would do it?

Or cable ties ?. Cable ties are so handy hey.

The thing with tents is some of them are so heavy and hard to put up. I have a canvas tent, it weights 70kg including poles, pegs etc... and it takes me an hour to set it up, and an hour to disassemble (pretty hard to get it back in the bag too), but its a great tent.. I wouldn't go setting it up just for a one night stay somewhere though.

That style of tent you listed Marcel, there was one right near our set up at EGA. I didn't get a look inside, but it did look good from the outside, and the wind didn't really seem to bother it. It probably would take a bit to assemble too. Pretty fancy, but i like em.

kind of off topic but interesting anyway. sleeps 5-8 ppl - 20 ppl required to put up.

http://www.tentsile.com/

That's at once awesome, and ridiculous!

Dear,

@ Marcel:

Psyclone tents: has bought on one of our tents early 2012. He then took it to China where he had a few cheap copies made by a factory without any experience. That's not very sportsman like but he's got every right to do so. However: he also, without permission (theft), uses our pictures taken from our tents, and text written by us from our website, and much more to sell his copies that don't live up to our tents at all: that's just unacceptable, dumb and very illegal. He basically stole our entire site. He thus got no experiece at all and is selling look-a-likes using our pictures and specs. So be aware and don't be fooled by him. We've called him several time and every time he answers his phone he promises us to do something about it but he doesn't. Not just fooling us but also his AU customers. Our lawyer is in contact with him.

(everything stated about can be proved as we've recorded our telephone conversations, and still got his e-mails stating stating his appologies and promissing us he'll do something about it.)

Soulpad: has been a competitor of ours for the past 4 or 5 years. They actually produce good tents, and they play fair. We respect them.

@ El presidente Hillbillios:
We sell a 5m OnePoleTeepee. Huge but it still packs down to 90x30 (poles, pegs, ropes included)

@ Amazonian
Bell tents are actually super easy to pitch. We've got a lot of 'older' customers getting this tent just because they are this easy to pitch. Pitching a Sibley / Bell tent takes about 7 minutes. Movie on our website.

Please take a look at our website. http://www.canvascamp.com/en
You'll find hundreds of pictures send to us by our customers, giving you a reliable idea of what our tents are being used for, by who and where.

Kind regards,

Customer service team

CANVASCAMP

• Like 2