The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Dunkel

Lemon scented grass (native)

Its the native Lemon scented Grass (Cymbopogon ambiguus) used at all in the same manor as regular lemon scented grass?

E D

Guest wira

I don't see why it couldn't be, though it might depend on exactly what uses of lemon grass you mean...

I don't know of any Cymbopogon spp. that are toxic in moderate amounts, I presume you could make a nice tea out of any that smell good. In n. Australia C. ambiguus is used to treat colds and chest complaints [usually rubbed on the body and inhaled, but sometimes decocted. Ethnobotanist Peter Latz reported drinking a strong leaf decoction of C. ambiguus, in the evening, and having vivid nightmares all night. Is that what you were after?

smile.gif

Cooking, tea and uses like that.

But the dream / nightmare thing effect sounds intreging. I usually slip into lucid dreams when I'm midway through a nightmare. The rediculesness of my nightmares usually makes me realize I'm dreaming and thus I change the dream into a lucid one.

I haven't had a nightmare for ages either.

cheers,

E D

I know someone who had a vivid nightmare of green aliens invading after imbibing a reasonable quanity of Zubrowka (Bison grass vodka). The grass is Hierochloe odorata, but it may well have similar components. It has a gingery lemon taste.