The Corroboree
Stillman

Messing around with grafts a few photos

Pereskiopsis sp.

Yeah Ryan google pereskiopsis grafting, its a type of cacti that grows extremely fast good for grafting really small scions.

• Like 1

A couple new ones a couple updates

JB on peres seed germinated 14th February 2012

DSCF2013-2.jpg

I think T pasacana/tersheshckii on Tspachianus

DSCF2012-1.jpg

Astro on T spachianus growing well

DSCF2010-5.jpg

Just healed but growing Mammillaria "snowflake" on T spachianus

DSCF2009-5.jpg

Albino Psycho0 OP germinated February 2012 was on peres but stalled and, looks healed well but not growing yet.

DSCF2006-9.jpg

PC pach OP seedling on peres germinated February 2012

DSCF2004-10.jpg

J3 on peres, germinated February 2012 This one is going to be a heavy plant.

DSCF2002-15.jpg

DSCF2003-7.jpg

• Like 4

Great work stillman...their all stunning but i personally love the Albino Psycho0 and astro. I dont see too many astros on bigger stock

Awesome job stillman. what do you mean by OP?

I had my snow cap flower this year! in fact I have to show this some time: a part of the plant is different phenotype than the rest.... ?!?!

Thanks for the update.

Im interested in the tbm grapht ,is it still around?

Look forward to the next update .

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Mutant OP = open pollinated

The snow cap is the mutant version so could be throwing back?

Flumsquid the TBM is doing good, will leave it till summer for a photo but so the pic is more impressive lol. I even BAP'ed a few points so fingers crossed.

What does "blazer" finally have to say mannnn! hahahaha.... I think I know already.....

nice grafts

• Like 1

well the trichos grafted to peres are getting a stretch on

My two favourite seedling. I lost my blazer ruler somewhere but you can still see good growth.

DSCF2026-1.jpg

DSCF2025-1.jpg

not sure what this is, I thought it was a T pasacana but might not even be a trich lol

DSCF2028-1.jpg

• Like 1

Lol - Stillman, that second pic belongs in the pr0n thread - cactus bondage ;-) love your work... How did you get ur peres so nice? I got some about 6 months ago and it's got no leaves and isn't doing anything remotely related to growing...

Most of my peres is pretty ratty but some that were under lights and being fed good nutes has come good. I think lights is the key to start them off once they get some good roots they seem to push a bit.

• Like 1

A few new ones

Heres a grafted roseii #1 x PC pach seedling displaying some unusual mutation

DSCF2068.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

And this is the stump of the Albino/ varigated Psycho0 op I hit it with some back and the pups currently are all showing signs of variegation or albino traits like the original now grafted and growing on some spach This is one of my favourites.

DSCF2076.jpg

DSCF2075.jpg

And heres a non variegate from the same seed batch, god lnows what is in this mongrel, has about 9 ribs long nasty spines that go red and a pretty strong blue colour to it already? MAn the peres looks shit in this shot.

DSCF2080.jpg

DSCF2078.jpg

For those of you who received some SS02 x serra canyon bridgesii a few months ago, heres one I grafted its pumping, looks like it will be a rad plant.

DSCF2081.jpg

DSCF2083.jpg

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 6

Great stuff Stillman that Albino/ varigated is :drool2:

I can see a lot of interesting cacti in the background in some of those pics I hope you are going to show them to us at some stage. :)

A lot of my pere have suffered this year the mother plants that are outside have been absolutely smashed by snails and my stock that are in under lights are struggling as well. I had put it down to how cold It has been here. I haven't been able to graft for a few months because of the sad state of my pere stock .

Cheers

Got

yeah peres is a shit of a plant , either goes gang buster or does nothing. I find though they respond well under 20 watt lights in closed environments, If you give them humidity they do go silly.

good work on keeping the variegated thing alive. Also interesting 9rib seedling. Should be returning with photos anytime soon.

• Like 1

cool i am tryin to get some pere so i can try my first graft with a few seedlings cant wait have take away tech notes any other hints out there am scared actually i will cry so much if i murder my babies lol kate

• Like 1

you got to start somewhere, some might die but some will live, you gotta make some mistakes its how you learn.

pereskiopsis are very good for seedling grafting. they are also not so good in appearance of the graft

I suggest {many of you probably already got bored of me saying that] trying selinicereus, its also very good for seedlings and bigger grafts and its LOTS easier to handle. Also takes more scion weight eventually and final graft looks better

The Albino/ variegated psycho0 (open pollinated) is growing on its permanent stock. I'm looking forward to seeing that this one does. Has some pretty serious red spines for a little tacker.

DSCF2129.jpg

• Like 7

man this lοoks aWESOME!!

P1070840.jpg

Turbinicarpus sp. on selinicereus

• Like 4

good work stillman!

jealous of your grafts!

wish i could graft a bunch of my plants. need to try some more...