The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LikeAshesWeFade

So called 'mates' telling you to throw away your plants coz your addicted to drugs.

Hey guys.. just thought I'd have a bit of a bitch n whinge about my so called 'mates' who are obviously only trying to help.. but there way of helping is to run away from drugs and tag them all as bad and worthless. Good on them I say for getting off illicit drugs.. but their problems never involved half the shit that I went through so in reality.. they have no idea the situation I'm in.

Now.. how can a fucking plant collection, or EVEN so much as watching shamanism videos make you want to go use illicit drugs (ie. ecstacy, coke etc.) ??? I have honestly no idea where they're coming from about my plant collection making me want to go use drugs.. full stop. All my plants do is provide me joy and amusement and the unique fact that they may contain psychoactive alkaloids.. not the fact that I can get fucked up off some plants! for fuck sake..

I personally think my best option is to shut those mates off, dont bother with facebook and the likes and just keep to myself.. Find new friends that enjoy similar things and have similar open minds. Not straight headed "ahh u just need to stop drugs mate" kind of people.. they have no importance in my life what so ever!!

end rant.. lol

yea fuck facebook, plenty likeminded folk here at the corobborie that understand your situation choice etc.. Plants are medicinal and absolutly help by just being around them. If i didnt get into growin ethnos and cacti i wouldnt have pulled through some dark and rough times so easily

I'm finding that gardening itself is a pretty full-on addiction :)

I have more (legal thankyou) plants than I have space for in the garden, yet I still lay down more seed into pots and I constantly find myself looking for more in trades and sales... I need help.

I'm lucky I have a loving and supportive family that stands by me with this horrible affliction, yet they constantly lose me to hours spent weeding, feeding, defending, caring for and admiring my plants.

Sometimes I even manage to sneak out past my curfew and flick a few snails and grubs off over the fence and sneak back into bed nnoticed ;) hehe

Meh, your rant incited my own rant... troublemaker!!! :P

I don't know mate, it's hard to say that they are totally wrong. If they are saying stuff like that maybe they've seen changes in you and they have your best interests in mind.

I think they could be mistakenly grouping the ethno's in the same group as other drugs which really shows naivety on their part.

It is the typical beer drinking footy mentality though isn't it, anything other than pot is considered hard drugs.

Don't burn your bridges, but don't throw your collection out to satisfy a few uneducated do gooders either.

You never know when you might need people in your life so diplomacy is the best answer, don't get on a soap box and preach your opinions and let them have theirs and maybe you could all get on OK. Disagree with a smile and they won't be able to get offended so easily. It's just a difference of opinion - no need to lock horns over it. :wink:

Thanks so much guys, all your input has really brightened my day up (why I let ppl ruin my day I do not know) and I have to agree with every single one of the posts put up on here! SallyD I know exactly what you mean.. I don't want to burn bridges at all, yet I don't want to be told what I need to do. I understand that they're only looking out for my best interest aswell as they're being naive at the same time, so I really think thats right. The best way to go about it is to not preach my opinions or talk too much about my interests/hobbies and just find a happy medium where we can all get along fine without the need to put down drug users.

I don't want to burn bridges at all

Mate I think that's a bit drastic.

Perhaps burn your pachs first....

don't throw them away, give them to me.

also, if i was being paranoid i may want to consider said friends issuing an "interventionist" style call to the local constabulary informing of any plants which may be covered under certain sections of legislation.

Plants are full knowledge to heal,we only have to look at the sacred cacti and there uses after all san pedro(biblical St peter) is the key keeper to heaven and opens a gateway where one can experience the divine, in a world of concrete and rampant modern day mechanics pumping carbon monoxide fumes into our atmosphere and deforestation occuring at an alarming rate, one can only feel blessed with smiles to have the rewarding joy and peace that a beautiful garden can bring even it is only small garden space, it is still intuning one with the harmonious brilliance that only mother nature can give!

I love my garden and prefer my silent plant and cacti over people anyday, when was the last time that caapi vine preached about how it couldnt afford to pay the rent or called you a drugfucked nobody or reminded you of how much jinka you owe them or asked to borrow a cup of sugar!

im in kinda the same boat LAWF. Not so much them telling me to get rid of everthing, just their general attitudes towards me. (But it kinda doesnt bother me as these people are drunken louts who start fights and cheat on their missus, but im the loser :rolleyes: )

Thats why i love doofs! most happy nice loving people you will ever meet!!! Really understanding people.

Come to the next meet to meet like minded people or even come doofing

you guys are all a bunch of junkie scum, dont kid yourself.

plants are bad, so drink up ok.

if everyone does it it must be good for you

oh the ol friends well meaning god complex huh, like your mate who has given up the ciggies and gets on his soapbox now about cancer and what your doing to yourself now and they have seen the light etc etc etc....just take it with a grain of salt man, they mean well but quite simply are brainwashed via their own repressed urges and take it out on other people they manifest to be an alter ego of themselves...namely you. live your life privately and give only what information to your friends you personally feel comfortable with at the end of the day its your life and your life only regardless of any of your friends evangelical psycosis

Tell them to get fucked, and cease contact. Purging of no-longer-relevant "friends" can be one of the most rewarding life processes. Don't even give it any emotional input if they seem upset about it. Ignore their future emails, SMS messages, phone calls etc and live your own life.

Repeat every five years.

Maybe your mates are wrongly attributing something in you to your plants.

But your mates obviously see something they need to talk to you about.

Everyone should listen carefully to their mates.

I think with a lot of these sort of problems with mates and family stem from the way you talk about your plants and the fascination with certain plants.

My family totally understands the thought processes behind me wanting to grow and propagate unusual and exotic plants as they have been doing the same for many years.

The main difference is the types of plants that I grow and my reasons for growing these plants.

Originally the interest was in the alkaloids in the plant but that soon changed to the plants them selves and how they were special because they had been used spiritually or medically. So my collecting of plants has this base and then I choose plants that I like the look of or I am drawn to which is quite diverse.

I suppose what I am trying to say is when you talk to your mates don't talk about what the plants can offer if they are consumed if you do then all they see is a whole heap of drugs growing in your garden.

Show your mates the plants and tell them how much they have grown, tell them about the flowers you have had open recently, show them your new seedlings that have just sprouted and the best of all show the photos of all of the plants that you want to add to your collection. By the end of your garden tour they more than likely won't wont to talk to you about plants any more and If they are any thing like my mates they will look at you as if you have lost the plot.

If anyone asks about why I am growing particular plants a will explain the uniqueness of the plant in a very basic way and never mentioning the word drug. If they are interested I might explain what the plant can be used for medically or spiritually which makes it unique and that is one of the reasons I am growing it plus I like big fuck off plants with massive spines. :lol:

I did notice this sort of attitude from some people when I first started collecting these sort of plants but now most people change the subject bloody fast if I start to talk about my plants.

This could be totally different in other peoples scenarios. But for this middle aged guy with two kids a wife and all the other stuff that goes with middle age this is how it has worked out for me.

Cheers

Got

Anyone who drinks themselves rotten and lectures me on drugs I generally push mute on whatever else they have to say about life in general.

Edit- good friends are hard to find and like any relationships require maintenance.

Tell them to get fucked, and cease contact. Purging of no-longer-relevant "friends" can be one of the most rewarding life processes. Don't even give it any emotional input if they seem upset about it. Ignore their future emails, SMS messages, phone calls etc and live your own life.

Repeat every five years.

I guess that means we've got about 4 more years of your company, yeah?

i'd just mix up a fine batch of curare, demonstrate to your 'mates' just how useful plants are,,,

Considering I have to buy 5 scripts a month to exist, people can get fucked if they say one drug is "better" than the other. I'd rather not be on 2 ADs and blood pressure meds but now they've caused permanent changes, it's not viable to get off them (trust me I've tried, countless times over 10 years, constantly). It's the legal drugs that have caused me the most harm to date.

I can obtain great joy from tending to my garden, much more than the contents of the garden can bring.

I find the people closest to me are best equipped to say the most hurtful things. it is because they know me best and care enough about me to tell me the truth even if I don't want to hear it.

your friends may be overreacted telling you to throw away all your plants. But they may be on to something? I don't know.

good luck mate.

You would think the people closest to us would be the most understanding of our hobbies. But apparently this is not so.

I find my interests are just not very mainstream, i find myself talking about fungi to some people and mentally have to stop myself,. Just as my music nerd friends have to stop themselves blabbing on about the latest sample packs and syths, to me yes a light hearted conversation is great but a in-depth technical conversation looses my interest . But been very interested and knowing alot about a subject that is taboo in society is to some people a warning sign! It is best to keep conversations about some subjects close to one chest, sometimes a cactus must just be a cactus not a mystical portal to another level of understanding.

Some of my friends don't really like my drug use, but they're my best friends and they still accept me for who I am.

I love 'em :)