The Corroboree

I've started this thread because I would like to people to share the art,music,culture,life,history,politics,voice of Palestine.

To expand peoples knowledge of Palestine and of Palestine's and it's peoples plight. So please share and help be a voice .

• Like 1

Hi Max, i just wanted to let you know i have no problems with a general Thread about palestinian culture and i appreciate seeing people with a diffrent social background sharing parts of their life. But i will watch the thread because i know there is a serious conflict going on in Israel and i will not allow Anti-Israeli Propaganda to be posted here. Simply because i wouldnt allow Anti-Palestinian Propaganda here either. Or any other Propaganda. You can make people aware of problems that exist in your life and this can also enclude political problems but i want it to be cristal clear that i wont allow some kind of Hate-Thread. I understand the political situation in Israel is extremely difficult for Palestinians but this cant be the place to solve this conflict. Not saying that any of this applies to you or what you just posted; just wanted to say a few things beforehand because its such a hot topic. Thanks. bye EG

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Hi EG I'm a Tasmanian born fucktard... With no affiliation to Palestine or Israel.

I have however read one or two books met people and heard of things that have ignited my interest in Palestine and the Bias that I see from the media in my birth country Australia when it comes to the middle east.

Perhaps I should start a sister thread about Israel, drawing attention to positive people, art and culture and so on which there is a lot too.

as the powers that be you've gotta do what you've gotta do.

Everyone has a choice here they can read a cactus thread instead if they wish. Everyone deserves a voice even fucktard Tasmanian born people like me

• Like 2

I'm only new to the forum, and most prob pulling ignoramus moves with forum rules and shit right now, but rules, warnings, stifling... ahhh.... irky poo!

I dont openly talk about the drugs i might love to take, grow, purchase, stick in my arsehole or my multiple squirting orgasms etc, well here anyway, And, as a whole, freedom of speech is as rare as rocking horse shit on the web, its either white knighting crap or rules, and bans etc.

I'm no troll - unless you catch me after a big night and its daylight, but fuck, how can you preemptively try to silence voices and opinions?

Encouraging open honest discourse & opinion, as well as fervent passioniate viewpoints I would think amongst the genre of people gathering to this site would be interesting, to say the very least.

In summation, fuck the 4 be 2's.

• Like 1

Pardon but what are you trying to say? You dont like the rules we have? That i´m silencing palestinians? Be careful about the words you put into my mouth! You know, i get the impression you didnt even read my say on this because your simply trying to make noise about nothing. Most important part of our rules is that people are not allowed to incriminate themselves. Also we dont accept Racism and whenever theres a thread that may turn out to be problematic, i remind people about that. Thats exactly what i was saying. Its always funny when people with like 20 posts come here and complain about the basic rules that we have to avoid people verbally killing each other over diffrent political believes and prejudices. This Thread has the same right to be here like every other Thread that respects the rules of THIS COMMUNITY. And as long its not portraying all Israelis as coldblooded killers, im fine with it being here. Thats what i said! Period. No more, no less. I wasnt silencing, i wasnt taking sides. If your having a problem with that, then theres nothing i can do for you.

Edited by Evil Genius

6, the topic of free speech has come up before. If you search for "holocaust", or something along those lines, you will probably find some discussion about it :wink: Being new, you won't have seen the trend, but so often a thread will start out like this and quickly descend into antisemitism. I don't necessarily agree with EG on where the line should be drawn, but I 100% support his right, as mod, to make that call. I think EG was actually going above and beyond to let everyone know what the deal is now rather than just waiting until someone fucks up and then deleting the thread with no explanation.

I, for one, am sick of associating the middle east with violence. It would be great to see some examples of Palestinian and Israeli culture rather than the tanks and bombs that dominate our local news. So, assuming people can behave themselves, this thread could be really good :)

EDIT: added a few esses, I think my "s" key is a little fucked.

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 1

Yes, one of the reasons i felt like adding a reminder on top of the thread was that i´ve seen so much hate and anger in threads like this that i want this to be something positive which has more to offer than the stereotypical hate. I really understand that the situation in palestine is very bad for palestinians and everyone who tries to live a normal life in the middle of all this chaos. Personally, i´d be extremely interested in people from palestine telling more about their life, their culture and their everyday problems to get along. But without pointing the finger at someone and telling me what i should think and what race is to blame. People here should be able to make up their own mind, not based on what someone tells them to think but just based on what they see from the lives of the people and from the stories they tell. I am someone who always tries to be as just as he can and i dont like generalisations. If somethings wrong in a certain area of the world and some serious mass murders are taking place, i wanna hear more about it. I want to be informed but without saying "its all his fault" or "its all their fault". You know what i mean? Things arent always all black and all white. When we had the threads about kony recently, it didnt take long till some people were defending him. And no matter what i personally think about it, it was alright because i always want to hear both sides of a story. And this can only be achieved when people dont start shitfights about politics and racism. We on SAB get along so well together, because Racism has no place here. I want that everyone, no matter what race or ethnic belief he has, can come here after work and have some fun. Or can tell a story about the things that have happened to him during the day. Good or bad and without being blamed by someone over the internet who hasnt even met him once in his life just because he´s a member of a certain race or group that his own one on the other hand doesnt get along with so well. Mostly because of things that happened like hundreds of years ago. I know that as we speak, there are still some very bad things going on in the World today which would justify being bitter or pointing the finger but if we dont break the cycle somewhere this will turn into an endless spiral of hate that might as well mean the end of all of us. Thats why i made that comment. And i still think it was important because some Threads just need a little bit of guidance to live out their potential and become something good. And i think that this Thread has potential to be a good thread if its not going down the old route and if it would tell or show me something that i didnt know yet. Something good. Something from the culture and the people. So 6, please lets both not make a big deal out of nothing to let Max go on with his Thread. I for my part am really interested to hear what he has to say. And i really liked the beat of that Rap Song. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 3

that hip hop song was good, i enjoyed it. non-english language political hip hop is generally always pretty good, i guess becuase the artists don't lack conviction; they actualy believe what they are saying (unlike many western/english speaking rappers). i'm interested to see what else comes up in this thread...

dio

Everyone deserves a voice even fucktard Tasmanian born people like me

Is that a fact?

Is that a fact?

I guess since you felt the need to comment you also believe you have a right to a voice. so my answer to your question is Yes

I've seen threads with titles with nothing to do with war or politics or race degenerate into heated debate over these issues to the point the content of the thread has become 90% about war/history/race and the original subject of the thread has long since been forgotten .

Censorship does my head in and members being suspended for their opinons is ludicrous no matter how offensive they are but that is just my opinion and I'm sure we are all familiar with the euphemism that "opinions are like arse holes, everyones got one".

Having said that I would like this to be a positive thread and to be honest the content of both the poem I posted and the rap song could be potentially be perceived as inflammatory to some and yet so far it has been allowed to stay.

I have more I would like to add to this thread but I'm guessing this thread will now be a wordy tug of war of diplomacy and political correctness.

With the passionate content I have read in heated threads on this forum I thought the topic was well deserving of it's on thread.

Happy Travels

Josh

Pardon but what are you trying to say? You dont like the rules we have? That i´m silencing palestinians? Be careful about the words you put into my mouth! You know, i get the impression you didnt even read my say on this because your simply trying to make noise about nothing. Most important part of our rules is that people are not allowed to incriminate themselves. Also we dont accept Racism and whenever theres a thread that may turn out to be problematic, i remind people about that. Thats exactly what i was saying. Its always funny when people with like 20 posts come here and complain about the basic rules that we have to avoid people verbally killing each other over diffrent political believes and prejudices. This Thread has the same right to be here like every other Thread that respects the rules of THIS COMMUNITY. And as long its not portraying all Israelis as coldblooded killers, im fine with it being here. Thats what i said! Period. No more, no less. I wasnt silencing, i wasnt taking sides. If your having a problem with that, then theres nothing i can do for you.

I don't like rules at all if I'm to be honest. I also dont like second guessers that then assume & do the very thing they accuse someone else of doing ie - putting words into their mouth & writing off what's said - perhaps I get the impression you didnt even read my say on this because youre just trying to swing yr mod cock around, I may be mistaken but never so bold as to think it would be the case without further delving into the matter.

It's okay, there are lots of things i dont like in this world that I find unjust. Prejudice is one of those & obviously, t's not my race, colour or creed or even heaven forbid my political disposition if i have one at all, but using my post count as a type of validation, a permission to have or have not a web voice even - wah wah wah me.

If I simply wished to make noise, I would go to a free speech site, where it is a free for all for consenting adults to discuss whatever the fuck they want, however the fuck they want. I am more than aware that is not here. Its also refreshing to obseve early on the styles, kinda like when you start a new job, gotta suss out the wankers & narcs, double agents etc. You know, and then whom you need to manipulate to make yr day easier and the likes.

Apologies Max sincerely, for disturbing your thread.

I would like to contribute this artistic collaboration between South Africa and Palestine in this thread, I have posted it elsewhere on the site.

• Like 1

chnt is watching.

post-9576-0-52460500-1332945101_thumb.jp

and for the thread.

post-9576-0-52460500-1332945101_thumb.jpg

post-9576-0-52460500-1332945101_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

@ 6 of the best, You don't have to apologise to me at all and the song was some powerful stuff loved it.

I forgot all about that john safran episode ha classic! cheers chnt.

Readers of this thread should carefully observe the flow of the discussion. It makes for an interesting perspective on the true concept of unfounded prejudices.

Loved the Saffran clip, chnt. At leat he knows how to break down the barriers of 'type'

• Like 1

i love YOU, psylo dread

unfortunately i could not find an online video for this but it is in a similar vein to the previous video i posted.

http://www.sidereel.com/John_Safran_Vs_God/season-1/episode-6

quite a good little scene involving sara-marie of all people, check it out if you're interested, it's worth a watch, though you will have to source the video from somewhere...

Who is Sarah Marie, someone famous that everyone should know ? I looked at the screenshot and all I see is some slapper in bunny ears. WIll watch tonight to acetane any cultural observation being sppoken, maybe eductaed social commentators wear a new uniform these days.

How do people feel about a nation that imposes a faith-based law on who it's citizens can & can't procreate with ? I can't decide whether it's extreme racism or an attempt at creating a 'master race'. I'm certain that it happens in several countries, and will investigate further to determine how widespread it it, and whether is practiced in developed nations.

The Islamic concept of interfaith/interracial union is Al -Kitab (or something like this), which accepts "People of the Scripture", and Islamic practitioners to marry outside of the Muslim faith. The short explanation is that it allows the three books recognised in the Quran, that being of Jewish, Christian, and some weird Kabbalist religion, (the details of which escape me momentarily) to enter into the union of marriage with a Musselman.

That's not to say that all Islamic countries practice Al-Kitab, but cross-faith tolerace is written into the Quran.

she's a d-grade "celebrity" who rose to fame during the inaugural australian big brother... it's a good thing you haven't heard of her

i'm anti-religion so of course i'm against any faith based laws.

It would be great to see some examples of Palestinian and Israeli culture rather than the tanks and bombs that dominate our local news.

This ^

Keep it about creativity.

• Like 1