The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
El Presidente Hillbillios

Events for the eclipse

so guys,

i was wondering what everyone is planning on doing for the upcoming solar eclipse?

http://www.eclipse2012.com/

This loooks like it could be the woodstock to beat woodstock, but the lack of info on artists or even the number of stages makes me too nervous to buy a $250 presale ticket.

https://www.facebook.com/events/126701077452809/

Or we have this, looks a bit less party based. But none the less interesting.

Anyone know of anything else going on? we are planning on road tripping up with about 30-50 people so it will take some advance planning.

• Like 1

im planing on doing both should be one epic holiday.

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/groups/210415239060232/

This event look really promising, the doof community pulling together to throw a propper party for free. Get involved if you can, i think this maybe something not to miss in this lifetime

hands up who has seen a total solar eclipse already...

not to be missed, travel to the total zone in good given time, solar eclipses will cause traffic jams.

i saw one in 99, i strongly recommand it.

I saw a total in England in the early 90's i think it was. Theyre a cool thing to see

The first round of acts has been announced if anyone is interested: http://www.eclipse20...t_announcements

I'm still not sure what to do... currently tossing up between going to this or just road tripping up with friends and enjoying the eclipse in our own setting. Anyone else heading up? You made a decision yet Hillbilly? It would be cool if we knew someone with land up there to run our own mini doof :P .

EDIT:

- Tickets are up to 3rd round and are now $350. I should really make a decision soon :wacko: .

- Location is up as well. Looks OK, but I'm not sure if some of the sunrise will be blocked by mountains... It would also be better to watch an eclipse rising over the ocean as well, but now I'm just being picky, haha.

Edited by TheExplorer

Yeah, im still up in the air man, that event definitely aint going to be a doof and im not really a fan of festivals with thier rules and security and such.

For the ticket price i woulda hoped for a better line up as well, i know its only first announcements, but they have been workin on this party 4 years...

Im keeping a close eye on the free party, but even that aint really inspiring me. Im thinking village mini doof!

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios

why couldn't they charge fifty bucks and do something decent. i vote for a stock standard doof.

• Like 1

Yeah, im still up in the air man, that event definitely aint going to be a doof and im not really a fan of festivals with thier rules and security and such.

For the ticket price i woulda hoped for a better line up as well, i know its only first announcements, but they have been workin on this party 4 years...

Im keeping a close eye on the free party, but even that aint really inspiring me. Im thinking village mini doof!

Yeah the line-up (so far) is pretty much the same as you would see at any RSF or other outdoor festival. It's not surprising though, as the labels and partners are all the same. Too much prog so far imo.

I don't hate the larger festivals, but sometimes there are just too many people (and rules) for my liking. I've also been keeping an eye on the free festival, but it's still pretty unorganised and I can't see it getting a whole lot better.

Village mini doof sounds good... How about a bush rainforest doof in the Daintree? :P

why couldn't they charge fifty bucks and do something decent. i vote for a stock standard doof.

I hear you mate.

I WAS thinking of going (not REALLY sold on the idea, too big was my main concern) to Eclipse then had a, what I’m going to call, “Universal Confirmation” happen to me when I tried to purchase an early bird ticket (only way I was going to be able to afford it too). Jumped on line 9am sharp to purchase, got to the last page after filling out my deets, click OK and WOP, the next webpage I see is a 404. I can’t tell if my credit card deets had gone through and didn’t want to take the chance on buying another ticket. Emailed support with a screen shot of the 404 and the short answer was “tough tities” (my words). I think I’m still keen to do “something” up that way, just nothing else has come up yet.

Edited by Mt.B

hands up who has seen a total solar eclipse already...

not to be missed, travel to the total zone in good given time, solar eclipses will cause traffic jams.

i saw one in 99, i strongly recommand it.

I went to Lyndhurst SA in 2002, I think most of the acts at the festival we wanted to see got canned but it didn't really matter. I can't remember how much the tix were, $100 or so. Epic road trip up there. First time I ever saw petrol at $1/ltr was at our last fuel stop, blew me away haha how things have changed, dust storms in the middle of the desert when we arrived, scorpions and red sand, totality sometime in the afternoon 2 or 3 days in, well worth it to see. Had a brilliant time hanging out in the desert, once the winds calmed down. Damn near seized an engine on the way home. Was a blast though.

I don't know if I'm brave or foolish enough to do a road trip up to Cairns. Tix $350 now for a seven day festival, think I'm getting old: I like the idea of chilling on a beach somewhere to watch it, but I think if I go up I'll skip the festivities and just go camping :) The line up does look nice though.

What do poor students and backpackers do nowadays with festivals so pricey? Sneak in I guess.

park before the gate and walk around the gate, con their way past the gate, go straight past the gate or dawn raid when the gate is abandoned and/or hide additional punters in the trunk. no wonder organisers struggle with numbers, but they're the ones who should be checking wristbands.

$350 is probably a fair price for 7 days. not my kind of event though.

southern oracle is in september or something this year, and quite reasonably priced.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

I'm heading over with the family to be a part of the action. I'm going to go to the plant meet and stick around for the eclipse too. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has planned a bit closer to the date. Might see some of you there.

Edited by rahli

i just realised half of the hippies, weirdos and nutcases in the country are going to be in NQ for this eclipse. what being 2012 and all.

i just realised half of the hippies, weirdos and nutcases in the country are going to be in NQ for this eclipse. what being 2012 and all.

Aye. Be sure not to miss it Thunder.

Imagine what Iquitos is going to be like December 23rd, every weirdo in the world will be there.

Edited by rahli

southern oracle is in september or something this year, and quite reasonably priced.

I went to Southern Oracle last year (drove all the way from Sydney) and it was a pretty good party. Plenty of internationals over three days and only ~$100 for a ticket. This year is looking pretty good as well...

*raises hand* ... I will be attending the eclipse2012 doof and very much looking forward to it. Managed to get in early and score a few 1st round early birds for 250. :-)

The organisers are absolutely top notch. Rainbow Serpent, for me, is the greatest festival of all time... and i've done all sorts of crazy festys, all over the globe. Also 'The Glade' are involved - top notch UK Glasto team who also usually throw a bloody good festy. If no-one has been to either of these festivals before and are wondering whether or not your money will be well spent.... then don't ... worry that is.... because you are in incredible hands.

Okay I've taken the plunge and brought the tix for eclipse 2012. Missus and kids are coming too. Looks well set up for young families, with quite spaces for young kids, art spaces for kids and plenty of facilities to make festival life a little easier with young kids. I hope there will be some fellow plant heads there to take in the eclipse with.

I've been planning on going for a long time now until I found out that it just so happens to sit in my second week of uni exams!! That really upset me! So I'm not sure now, and probably won't know until right up near the date, meaning ticket price is gonna be even more expensive then. Shit luck.

This is also on the week before - I havent seen it mentioned on SAB so Im going to make a topic for it also...

• November 2 at 6:00pm until November 4 at 7:00pm

[*]

Mungalli Creek Falls Student Village

[*]

EntheonGaia is a convergence of like minds and tribes from across Australia and around the world who are gathering to reunite our global community by facilitating a space for learning, connection, stability and joy before the 2012 Total Solar Eclipse.

The EntheonGaia conference will be focused around connection and learning with two days and two nights of fascinating plant and consciousness based workshops including talks, performances, multimedia interactions, installations, eclectic market stalls and music.

Tucked away in the lush rainforest of the beautiful Atherton Tablelands, Mungalli Falls student village is a space for us all to come together & connect as one before the Eclipse, so that we may share our Wisdom, Experiences and Dreams for the future of our communities.

Mungalli is an aboriginal word meaning meeting place and this is why we have chosen this sacred space to create, promote and infuse our growing community with heart, knowledge and Love.

This is one event - not to be missed....

Our program will be released soon which will be including some pioneers and peers in the areas of Medicinal herbs, Holistic healing, modern Shamanic practices, Installation, Art and Music....

For all Market Stall, Workshop, Volunteer, Artist submissions or any further information please email us at [email protected] or find us on facebook - Entheongaia 2012...

Entheongaia is the place where traditional plant medicines from around the world meet the mind.

https://www.facebook.com/events/126701077452809/

too fucking expensive.

current price, 50 bucks a day for epic party ? :wacko:

• Like 1

This is also on the week before - I havent seen it mentioned on SAB so Im going to make a topic for it also...

https://www.facebook...26701077452809/

Ahh shit! Another one I was planning on going to. Didn't realise it's during the first week of my exams! Although right at the start... Hopefully might be able to squeeze it in.

current price, 50 bucks a day for epic party ? :wacko:

worth it, i reckon!

• Like 1