The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stillman

Election results ALL QLD members are fucked

We are rooted, back to the good old days of Fear and paranoia. Can do Newman has smashed it with complete dominance over the Bligh government.

Care to enlighten me? I haven't been in QLD longer enough to know what it was like.

Shit, bad luck fellas. Us west coasters know how it feels! If you think Catter is a nut, check out Barnett ....

(to the trolls, yes i understand that Catter (K?) is fed not state)

Fitting soundclip .... pray for your mothers

barnett is awesome man, and it shows specifically when he decided to get tough on weed, forget the stats that showed that since gallop loosened the weed laws in 03, pretty much everything went down, weed related crime, amount of people using weed, etc... he did what needed to be done, and it's about time bongs were made illegal too, dirty junkie scum, why cant you all just go to the pub and get pissed instead?

thanks colin, love you bro

Aggression is the easiest way to effect apparent changes. Unfortunately it means people get hurt and it's also not a good long term solution. It creates instability, radicalises part of your population (including the intellectuals) and generates fear.

I suspect it's good for business too.

clive palmer will be looking forward to his ROI today.

Clive Palmer is like this grotesque cross between a bond Super villain and the fat guy from the Meaning of life. The media must love him because he says some crazy shit. The first thing Campbel the cock smoker is going to do is feed a huge amount of money into neighbourhood watch and community groups based around those values. Operation Noah here we come. Also interestingly enough Graham Quirk is set to do the same at a council level to combat "bad neighbours"....

The problem with QLD government is there is only One house of representatives and with such a massive majority (I think they got about 75 seats out of 81) if he wants something pushed through (bills new laws etc) it will pass what ever it is. that makes me nervous.

^^

yep. will be an interesting look into what happens with a conservative government bought and paid for by vested interests with an unfettered majority.

I've often wondered why Queenslanders change allegiance so often, most other parts of the world have much more stable voting habits and will vote the same way even after being shafted by the pricks they are voting for. Swings like that just don't seem to happen anywhere else.

It seems like the Queensland voters are always searching for something better and then they vote the way public opinion suggests.

Bligh was thrown in the deep end with the floods and cyclones and shit and we (NSW) were sold a picture of a leader that was respected and trusted, did the Beatie government really fuck Queensland over that much ?

No they actually did alot of good it was a difinitive building period, the thing is its a massive state so alot of the funding was spent in the South East and certain public services seemed to get hung out to dry to the need to concentrate on growth as the state s population grew more than 50000 per year, which pissed peeps off.

QLD seems to have mass conscience shifts every 20 years. Mind you it s a different place then 20 years ago with alot of "southerners" and internationals. I think its the media in QLD which fucks peeps heads up.. very base level of information.. kind of like taking all of your advice from today tonight.

In 18 months "they " will all be spinning out and grumbling about this bloke Newman because he will run it like a dictatorship the same way he ran the Brisbane city council but it will take 15 years to fuck him off and in that time he may very well return us to th epolice state Flavour of our past.

LIke Qualia says too. We sell our souls to the mining magnates until there is nothing left and then they will all fuck off and leave us with big empty holes.

This is correct to a point but Beetie handed a suicide pass to Bligh. If you look at QLD stats from say 1965 till today you will see what Sally D implied is more or less correct.

Aggression is the easiest way to effect apparent changes. Unfortunately it means people get hurt and it's also not a good long term solution. It creates instability, radicalises part of your population (including the intellectuals) and generates fear.

I suspect it's good for business too.

I think criminalizing a part of the population helps the other parts of the population though. Through downward scale comparisons they feel better about themselves and will bond with each other easier.

This is all completely unscientific... but I think our society operates best when it has a scapegoat, when you know there are people worse off than you and you know there are people morally worse than you.

It's sad... but it's how our minds have been trained to operate.

My point wasn't about the number of premiers, it was about the size of the swing away from the government in favour. (I'm sure Psilo will find fault in that too, I haven't researched that either)

Like when the electorate ditched Labor & the coalition and voted for Hanson and now this massive swing against the government in office. (how does that fit in with the most stable government you have us believe ?)

Sorry Psilo I didn't realise I was going to be cross examined, for that time on a Sunday morning to be posting something here with a wicked hangover is a sad sorry shame.

I'll be certain to thoroughly research anything else about politics before I post about it the future.

No one is disputing that Bligh did a brilliant job on th elast two years of natural disasters I think she has done a remarkable job from a very hard spot.

Psylo I am not attacking you I agree with you . Yes Joh had it for ever but what I was getting at is since 1989 Labour has pretty much held power to till yesterday except for Borbidges run 96-98 and he was National like JOh. My point is I was looking at party control not individuals..So what I was getting at is in the last 23 years Labour has had power for all but for 2 and half of them. And before that the Nationals were there for about the same I think 21 years.

Thats how I interpreted what Sally D was implying. So I'm not saying your wrong I think you are a bit of a pest but not wrong. lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_of_Queensland

The greens will be a force to recon with one day partly due to the fact that the two party preferred system has nothing to offer a lot of us. But also that people are being better educated and questioning things more than ever. For true democracy to exist we need at least 3 strong players, four would be better.

The greens will be a force to recon with one day partly due to the fact that the two party preferred system has nothing to offer a lot of us. But also that people are being better educated and questioning things more than ever. For true democracy to exist we need at least 3 strong players, four would be better.

I doubt better educated. The biggest election issue still seems to be "boat persons"

I read it to mean that 11.5% of the population are educated enough to know that the environment is crucial to our long-term existence. Others are misguided in believing that supporting Labour actually means that useful change is possible (or simply are stuck in protest vote mode), and the rest are so poorly educated they believe that the war on drugs / immigrants / aboriginals is actually important and not simply persecution.

Education should be seen as the highest priority for Queensland.

Katter party got 11 % too lol. Its a vote against the bigger parties. When I say better educated I mean subversive not intelligent. lol. They seem to be understanding what true democracy is (look at the federal senate for example). Anyway the biggest issue in QLD was the cost of living ie Price of Electricity. More funding for road works the fact our public transport can't handle the influx of peeps, and a steadily rising unemployment.

PSylo Polynesians and New Zealanders are our greatest "import" to Brisbane. In the last 3 or 4 years almost 40000 per year.There are more Kiwis in Brisbane than in Auckland I'm not saying thats a bad thing I am just saying.

Are you saying there is a war against immigrants to Australia ?

Maybe it could be better described as a war against some immigrants, ie: those ov darker skin colour?

Just saying.

I don't know, Irish and German tourists are statistically more likely to out stay there visas then most nationalities.. I guess there may be a few well tanned German and Irish out here but ... just saying