The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stillman

delivery guy left my Trouts notes in the rain

As you may or may not be aware we are having some torrential rain in South east QLD. Anyway I ordered a copy of Trouts notes from the US and it arrived yesterday. Normally parcels are dropped on my front landing. But because it was raining the delivery guy didn't want to get too wet he/she left it in the Mail box. But because the book is so big it doesn't fit in a mail box, so the lid was left up. allowing my book to get a nice "WASH". By the time my wife got home the book was completely saturated. So I am fucking wild about it. But looks like I just have to wear it. Any way my wife ironed it dry for me, all 300 pgs (I am a lucky man) so its not completely fucked it just looks like it went through the washing machine. Just my spit for the day. Thanks for listening.

Tak it to the post office, and complain directly to the Postmaster until you get a refund of the purchase cost.

Be warned though, if youre guy is anything like my lazy, stupid, apathy-filed Postmaster, he'll probably say "Sorry, it's not my responsibility, it was delivered by an independent contractor". Which in some cases (parcels bigger than letters, small pkgs) is true about the contractor part, but for fuck's sake they are still enlisted to work on behalf of Australia Post.

Also call the general 131 number and complain. As with most corporate fuckups against the customer these days, the first answer will be "Bad Luck, Buddy", but if you are stern & persistent enough, you will get the result that you deserve.

GRRRRR @ Australia post !!! I also have had things ruined in the mail box like the latest edition of the Lego club magazine :) . And if the satchel says ' Do Not Bend', then they bend it right?!. Spose we shouldn't grizzle too much, because it really could be worse.

You should do something nice for your wife too :)

You should do something nice for your wife too :)

I agree. Get her a copy of this:

some_simple_tryptamines.jpg

I know I will have to get her something nice I was at work and when I got home she said she had ironed it, one of the kids said it took her about 2 hours.. I am trying to track down the courier company today and hopefully get at least an apology. I love buying books, I mean everything is available free on line but holding a book is

much more satisfying.

You don't have to 'get' her something, just do something nice for her in return. :) .(like cook.....if you don't normally cook?, but that could end up as a punishment for her, couldn't it :scratchhead: ,) .

Be interested to hear if you do get an apology... since it was TROUTS NOTES and all !!!!

wow dude thats fucked....

what a champion women you have, i would never thought to take the time to manually iron everypage!

Just clean the house she wil love you for it!

I vote you do the ironing for the rest of the year :)

Or atleast the rest of the week :rolleyes:

You don't have to 'get' her something, just do something nice for her in return. :) .(like cook.....if you don't normally cook?

Agreed.

Cook her some ice.

That will give her the stamina to iron other stuff for you, then mow the lawn, paint the rain-gutters and wash your car.

Man that sucks. What book was it? If its a real rare one, i´d be seriously pissed.

it was Trouts notes on San Pedro and related Trichocereus species SaCRED CACTI 3RD edition Part B. 2005

I don't think its a rare one but it still pisses me off none the less. lol

I hate when Post Delivery guys treat the packages and letters without respect. Recently, i walked down to the road just to find a box with a 50 year old Ariocarpus that was adressed to me on the side of the road. Lazy ass just put it there because he didnt want to walk up to the house. Imagine, it was like minus 10 degrees celsius outside and it was raining.

And the guy who brings the newspaper, just puts it on the trashcan every single time. Even when its fucking raining. I just throw it in most of the times because its wet or dirty. Told him like ten times now but he´s just too lazy to walk the few extra steps to the mailbox.

I put a padlock on my letterbox when I go out to stop them doing that sort of shit. If they can't open it and the package doesn't fit through the slot then they have to come back when I'm home.

I get most of my deliveries marked "do not leave if house is unattended" so if they leave it on my doorstep I go to the post office and make an official complaint. It only ever came to that once, now they won't risk leaving anything if I'm not home.

How much would some solid waterproof packaging cost?

That might have stopped my copy being squashed into the letterbox sideways,

and dog ear-ing half the pages.

Wouldn't be a bad policy, I reckon. To send an expensive book out in sturdy packaging :s

And the guy who brings the newspaper, just puts it on the trashcan every single time. Even when its fucking raining. I just throw it in most of the times because its wet or dirty. Told him like ten times now but he´s just too lazy to walk the few extra steps to the mailbox.

At least you know where to find it. When I got the paper it was just wherever it landed as the guy tossed it from his car.