The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

insurance sucks

Dear Mr Nabraxas

We would firstly like to offer our deepest sympathies with relation to the passing away of your wife, Mrs Nabraxas

We have assessed your claim based on the information you have provided us with to date, however at this stage we require further information before we can go any further.

What we require:

* Provide the original receipts for the Additional transport and/or accommodation expenses incurred.

* Forward a copy of the death certificate confirming the cause of death.

With regards to the expenses you do not have receipts for we would like to bring your attention to page 18 of the Travelsure PDS (Product Disclose Statement) headed “Policy Conditions” where it states:

Policy Conditions

4. Claims

f) You must at Your own expense, supply any documents in support of Your claim which We may request, such as original police reports, receipts, valuations and/or medical certificates and You must co-operate fully in the assessment or investigation of Your claim.

Without the originals or copies of the receipts we are unable to substantiate these expenses or provide any compensation for these costs.

reply:

sorry i can't provide receipts that i haven't got.

if the stat. dec. isn't enough then don't worry about it.

the death certificate i have provided is the only one i was given.

it doesn't have a cause of death because the guy who did the autopsy in a shed in Nepalgunj couldn't find one.

i am expecting to get a copy of that autopsy report & the follow up toxicology report soon & i can send you those;

but i am unable to provide a different death certificate because the case is officially closed & her body has been cremated, ruling out another more detailed autopsy by

someone who may have had a better idea what he was doing & wasn't just after a quick Nepelese Rupee 4000 off me (which i didn't get a receipt for)

regards

Nabraxas.

They take your money pretty quick hey, but don't want to give any out. Good Luck nabraxas.

• Like 1

insurance never ceases to be compassionate and ethical.

christ, good luck. god i hate IC's.

Thats exactly how i know Insurance Companies. Have been working in an health-insurance company for a year and it was one of the worst times of my life. Would have been happy to work for the bomb squad in iraq instead. If i were you, i´d get myself a lawyer. I know how they work. Sometimes, they dont even have the law on their side. They just try what they can get through with. Oftenly, justice is only for the people who are willing to fight for it. Im sure it´s hard in sure situation to deal with stuff like this but if you bow down now, you might regret this later.

• Like 1

Lawyer up. Please lawyer up.

I know that dealing with beaurocracy is really hard right now and inane complexity is probably the last thing you need. But the sharks will totally take you for a ride if you don't- if not totally fail to honour the claim

Also, insurance companies are much more likely to deal with a claim rapidly and fairly if it is accompanied by a solicitor's letterhead and sig

Take someone with you if you can, just for support, even if you think you'll be OK

I'm glad you're staying in touch, our hearts are with you

• Like 4

Insurance preys on paranoia, cockheads. Made me angry reading your issue.

The first reaction with insurance cunts is to bombard you with requests for docs and deny assistance, or further processing until you jump through all their hoops, hoping people give up and fucking cop it. Challenge them, push for further review, a case manager, that you will go to the financial services ombusman and even the media etc, extreme circumstances require compassion support & fucking no cuntiness. Remind them of this.

I work for a financial organisation that writes off hundreds of thousands as "good will" due to ünforseable circumstances. Insurance cunts have the ability, just dont give up or take their answers if you dont like them.

http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/823929/fromItemId/815972/quickLinkId/816518/whichType/org

To even lodge a complaint cost the company around 750$, then if you take it court - even further etc. They more than likely will settle out of court, as its cheaper for the company. Stay strong, take the fucks on!

I am sorry for your loss, and having to deal with this shit.

I'm in the process of Sussing out life insurance. I can't see how they can make a profit out of it if ur only say paying 5 buks a week, then when undue they pay ur beneficiarys a million bucks. If that wa a certainty to receive the million bucks on death wouldn't every life insurance company go broke? I'm AlMOST signed up with westpac, 6 dollars a week for a smoker equates to a million buks in event of death. It's hard to believe its true. I remain skeptical.

Does anyone here know anything about life insurance? If so I would live to get ur advise.

Sorry to hear Of your loss nab, wishing you strength. Be well.

Edited by incognito

got a reply today:

We acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 21/3/2012 and note the contents therein.

Thank you for your email. I understand due to the circumstances you are unable to provide a death certificate with a cause of death. Please disregard the request for this documentation.

Please forward a copy of the autopsy and toxicology reports to our office once you have received them. Once we have reviewed these documents we will be able to make a cover decision.

With regards to the expenses you do not have receipts for, if you have a credit card statement or bank statement showing you incurred these costs we will be able to assess these expenses further.

somehow i get the impression they don't exactly trust me :blink: