The Corroboree

Wow,

great idea(s)

I went through all this about 6months ago.. when I got booted from a community club for helping to organize regular meets :s

Thing is, id got that shitted with poor management, I set out to create a 'structure' or collection of roles and positions, rather than have it concreted by egos. Procedures, rather than ppl.

If it is to be a registered organization..

it is easiest to follow the 'model rules' for rego'd organizations, and applying to reserve or get an actual name will see you accrue much of the info you need to proceed.

So..

yeah, non-for-profit community group.. or something along those lines. 'charity' is far harder effort.. so itd likely run just like a local footy club. You need 5 head peeps..president, secretary, public officer etc, and up to 3 or so more signatures and addresses from the same city.

I've got some mates doing something very similar in peru right now. No need to re-invent the wheel..

just do what fuck all else ppl can,

and get it into simple form.

The simplest form, to begin..

is a vision and mission statement.

I thin thats where the juice is at. And in a very real way, these few sentences will end up forming the fractal DNA which support and guide the whole venture.

• Like 1

i think u understand quite well where i am going with ths...

and i also think that the motivation should be st from the begining... there is no need to read to much into my expression of the fact that it has been hmmm over 40 years since all this illegal shaman hooharr kinda stuff began and nobody did n e thing... so i think it is well within reason to let u know that i as a person do feel that there is relatively little employment of the skills possesed by some on these forums...

i was suprised i must say that the thread hadnt moved all day...

though after vuals post above, i think we a re moving in the right direction in terms of idea's...

please dont distract from the flow of this thread unless you would like to deal with the consequences of your actively diverting the liberation of our natural resources.

i hope that instead of wasting your time in negative reflections you can actually add something of value.

the brief is for the logo, the "skeleton" the constitution, membership details and everything else... as i said... purely open source...

i work for an organisation that requires other groups and individuals to fully and effectively begin to assemble in formations that will allow "us" to represent our intents and purposes.

i do not want to onstruct an association and then beg people based on their own self interest to join it... i would rather a group effort to decide how we can work togther to bring about changes in the way "we" are vieweed as a community.

"I" have been working on this for several years now, and obviously the people on this forum have had access to the same info as me in a large sense. the fact that so little actual action has been taken somewhat shows the self interest in habitual life patterns commonly involving alcohol and uncontrolled substance abuse.

fair enough, plants are a big part of this place, and i would love to see the respect that is owed to the fully flower through our human social mechanisms as is now beginning to bud through this (AuShamanAssoc) system of collaboration...

a full rant just happened... which i didnt want...

get active and get interested... i see you all as an aspect of God on the other end of the computer interacting with me... some times i provoke you hoping for some form of relief to the horror that i see as the drugscene in this country... i hope you understand how widepread and serious this issue is and chose to take perosnal responsibility for making a change.

anyhow... back to the topic...

Logo's and or association structural idea's anyone?

love ya'll.

• Like 1

awesome thanks for that info...

where do u register a NFP community group?

you should start with registering an ABN. It will start to become self-explanatory while youre applying.

• Like 1

From the ATO website

What is an ABN?

The Australian business number (ABN) is a single identifier for use in dealings with the Tax Office and other government agencies.

How will an ABN help your non-profit organisation?

A non-profit organisation can use its ABN to:

register for goods and services tax (GST) and claim GST credits

register for pay as you go (PAYG) withholding

apply to the Tax Office for endorsement as a deductible gift recipient, tax concession charity or income tax exempt fund

interact with other government departments, agencies and authorities, and

interact with the Tax Office on other taxes, such as fringe benefits tax (FBT).

Who is entitled to an ABN?

To be entitled to an ABN your organisation must be:

a company registered under the Corporations Act 2001

an entity carrying on an enterprise in Australia

an entity that, in the course or furtherance of carrying on an enterprise, makes supplies that are connected with Australia

a government entity

a non-profit sub-entity for GST purposes, or

a superannuation fund.

An entity for ABN purposes means an individual, a body corporate, a corporation sole, a body politic, a partnership, an unincorporated association or body of persons, a trust or a superannuation fund. Entities can include charities, non-profit clubs and associations.

An enterprise includes an activity or series of activities performed by:

a gift deductible entity

a charitable institution

a trustee of a charitable fund

a religious institution, or

an income tax exempt fund.

Direction icon

Your organisation must have an ABN if it is seeking endorsement as:

a tax concession charity or income tax exempt fund, and/or

a deductible gift recipient.

Just what the bejusus are you even talking about ? I like your last design. I hope your organization ??? Works out for you. Btw thanks for the parfum at ega it's really nice. Bless. Christo u make many assumptions about your fellow beings.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

http://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/2792-shamanism-approved-as-a-religion-in-norway

Similar to this, though not as a religion as such... as we have no hisotrical background nor any shared ideology...

basically as it says on the first page... non-denomininational association for the shamanic community of Australia to use as a representative body in its communications as a profession with government bodies and other regulatory agencies.

I would like to see people starting to form small collectives with similar orientations that can then be incorporated into the larger AuShaman Association.

And through this hope to achieve some form of standards of practice.

Ultimately resulting in large entheogenic plant farms and copius quantities of high quality elixirs being made available for those people who have discovered their value in the training and liberation of the mind and for the worship of life as manifest God.

I mention God because it is part of my world view. u can leave it out of the designs you would hope to effect through the AuShaman Assoc.

@Reptyle I can take your passive aggressive swipe at my last post in this thread on the chin as I was giving you curry, fair enough but to be honest when I read everything else you've written in this thread. I believe the powers that be will look at you like a David Koresh / Jim Jones type character.

I personally don't need a church or an organisation to learn from and enjoy the plants but hey if you do don't let it become the Waco Texas of the plant world.

• Like 1

ASA3

ASA2

ASA4

ASA1

and imagine there are other logos with different designs and colours and stuff...

i have no permission to look at those images.

Candy... if u dont understand that you already know everything u ever needed to know and that the point is to put that life given wisdom to use in assisting the progress and transfformation of the environemtn then please note that i am directly explaining it to you now.

You are not here to help yourself. you are here to help (period). the more you help others in fact, the fastr you yourself evolve...

Your skills are perfectly callibrated to fulfill a specific role. You must simply decide and reate a space for yourself to fill.

As for comparing me to a cult leader. So be it...

I prefer to compare it to this:

The American Medical Association (AMA), founded in 1847 and incorporated in 1897,[2] is the largest association of medical doctors (M.D. and D.O.) and medical students in the United States

Charitable activities

• The AMA Foundation provides approximately $1,000,000 annually in tuition assistance to financially needy students. This has to be seen on the background that in 2007, graduating medical students carried a mean debt load of $140,000 which rose to $220,000 after 4 yrs of negative amortization during residency[8] medical student debt has increased by 7% each successive year.[9]
  • Funds awareness projects about health literacy
  • Funds community service, community health, and healthcare education events held by local medical societies and student chapters
  • Supports research funding for students and fellows around the U.S.
  • Provides grants to community projects designed to encourage healthy lifestyles (of diet and exercise, good sleep habits, etc.).
  • The Worldscopes project is a collaboration with the medical community to collect stethoscopes and the funds to buy them. The stethoscopes are then distributed to those in the global medical community who normally lack the resources to obtain the instruments. Thousands of stethoscopes have been sent to physicians and others in the medical community around the world who lack access to this medical instrument.[10]

So basically i apologise for my passive aggression, and i will try to be more overtly aggressive in future.

Aggressive in a nice way though, a kind caring and compassionate way... an understanding aggression... like mummy dog to her pup who is biting her nipple to hard. :)

i just looked back upon ure post becaue i didnt know what u were talking about, and this is slightly diverging from the main topic... i suppose there is a point to be made about being vicitimised by the system... i shall kee my eyes and ears open for such things... although i acutally dont care that much if they come fter me, i have already surrendered myself into the hands of death.

I will be the powers that be, and u can be one to.

Also... got any better idea's? endless cups of tea just dont fulfill me like company rivallry...

Edited by reptyle

So have you taken the first steps to registering an ABN ?

register this

• Like 1

i will goto register a busniess shortly... until then, and unitl i have the ABN enjoy the music... keep working on logo's and consitution idea's...

can i get a vague idea of who here is interested in devoting time to this project in a serious and reliable way?

Ok sorry, had the album set as private...

ok its registered.

now there is simply waiting for confirmation.

AuShaman Associated.

Edited by reptyle

i will goto register a busniess shortly... until then, and unitl i have the ABN enjoy the music... keep working on logo's and consitution idea's...

can i get a vague idea of who here is interested in devoting time to this project in a serious and reliable way?

ok its registered.

now there is simply waiting for confirmation.

AuShaman Associated.

Ok, cool. ABN's are a matter of public record, so I will check in a week to see your registered organisation has gone through. If you are serious about this, I wonder why it took my suggestion for you to do so earlier.

May I ask you, reptyle, is English your mother tongue ? I'm hoping for an answer that isn't dripping in psychedelic prose. It's just that I'm having difficulty in comprehending the scope of your vision. I might be looking at this thread incorrectly, but it appears that you have no set direction, no pre-formed set of guidelines, and you're asking other people to try and decipher what you're direction is... AND do all the work for you.

If you had spent any amount of time researching what makes an NFP Constitution, surely you would already have a draft of stated goals outline. They sure son't seem to be in this thread. I believe the onus should be on YOU to draft a constitution and by-laws concerning governance of this AuShaman organisation, then allow others to offer critique on what you have before the final submission is made. A truly democratic process.

I'm going to drip-feed you a few things to get you started. The first section of your constitution should read something like the text below. These are-off-the-cuff so I would expect you to make your own comments. Once you can provide a public draft, we can move onto the next section.

1. The name of this organisation is AuShaman Association

2. The objective & purposes of this organisation is:

• Maintain sacred knowledge of humankind's fore-bearers through the sacrament of native & introduced entheogenic flora

• To promote public accessibility to the realm of spirits in an open, caring environment.

• To allow members the opportunity to draw upon ancient Shamanic practices, whilst minimising harm.

• To bring Australia's Shamanic Professionals together into a united collective

1. Executive Committee

1.1)Aushaman Association shall comprise the following elected positions of governance:

• Chairman

• Vice-Chairman

• Secretary

• Treasurer

1.2) The Executive Committee shall oversee the decision-making process of new memberships, associate memberships, payment of annual dues, gifts & donations, community events, press releases and other assessments required in the operation of AuShaman Association

1.3) The Executive Committee board members will be installed on a one calendar year placement, with renewal of placement determined by an annual member election

And so on, and so forth. You then need to outline the membership categories (as full members, honourary members, inactive members, senior members), explain the priveledges & limitations of each membership level, ten onto the roles & responsilibities of the directors, non-executive directors, how the voting & AGM process will operate and lots more before you have a bona-fide constitution.

I'm not even going to start explaining how your By-Laws should be presented until you show some serious effort has been made on the draft contitution.

Look forward to reviewing what you do with the above information. As a transparent, public proposal, please keep your replies to this thread

• Like 2

My first language is of the heart...

I do not work in the public sector so i have very little experience creating such things as this...

I do work in the private... i do not work for others and i as much as possible refrain from binding myself to anything that could require me to take responsibility.

Having said that, i do work for and through the OGS in regards to regulation of substances and government providing reports etc.

It is my hope that this AuShaman Assoc may be a collaborative effort and that is how it is unfolding. Which means so far i am very glad for your effort and the information u are providing...

I do not understand though why given the opportuity to assist in the creation of such an entity you would again try to defer the work onto me... i have been working hard for nearly 7 years on similar things now, this particular organism is a collective effort for this community.

Whenever i have proposed idea's in the past for such things i have generally been called a wannabe cult leader, a passive aggressive control freak blah blha etc...

u seem to have some understanding of how a consitution works and as a start that ^^ seems suitable.

I already stated i am not taking repsonibility for this project... i have proposed myself as A 'director' in the application.

i am willing to direct energies and whereever possible put in my idea's, but i am not going to draft every sibngle document involved, becausse frankly someone can probably do a far better job and have it dont far more efficiently.

I am merely here to in some sense guide the process and allow the information to come together as it would if there were individuals who cared about the possiblities and have the vision to imagine the potential uses of such an organ.

i will contniue to post in this thread.

i think you, psylodread, have very much understood the impetus behind this movement.

Anyone care to suggest that psylodread create a draft consitution, say Eye+eye.

we can move onto membership and bylaws secondarily and thirdarily fairly.

I should offer some plants or something as a trade for work completed... or maybe people could just imagine the freedom of future peoples as their reward... greed selfishness of a capatilistic lesser deity owns my peers... haha... is that passive agressive?

I'lll say again, this is not My project it is OUR community's representative organisation. we all must want this for it to work. i can want it all i like, but unless others are involved it is no more than the nothing we are currently experiencing.

bless.

• Like 1

Hava... those logos are very excellent...

personally i prefer the ASA2 logo...

As it has no snakes or animal totem or nothing of a semi beasital nautre...

the AuShaman Assoc has been applied for without the double s between AU and Shaman...can it be altered to reflect this?

If that is possible i would smile...

Again asking for people to expres interest in a semi permanent role in the creation of this Association...

after it has been properly founded we can discuss advertising Austrlia wide for members...

***The power of a lobby group.*** to represent our sacred substances. selflessly.

My first language is english, to answer your question.

whats your point chnt?

can we somehow shift the focus off me.. and onto the production of something of substance?

something of substance... mmm

realistically though... if every word that was scattered throughout other posts in one week were focussed into doing this one project we could havea functional association that can be used to achieve very definite goals...

such as-

publishing a newsletter which may possibly evolve into a magazine.

organising and coordinating events and advertiing for affiliated groups events and functions.

contacting and commuicating with local politicians

producing leafelts and flyers, postcards and video's for public education. such as in school drug education prgrams.

questions i have...

How much is a reasonable amount to charge for yearly membership?

For life membership?

what types of membership should there be?

should people who assist in designing the framework for the AuShaman Assoc. be given honorary life membership?

I really don't think ur going to have much luck with this. People who have bonded with plants/nature don't really need to pay a mambership and be part of an organization. My organization is the soil in my garden, it signed me up as a life member many generations ago.

• Like 5