The Corroboree

AuShaman Assoc. is looking for people interested in design to create a logo for use as a seal.

The parameters are open.

The image needs to be simple to reproduce and suitable for public display.

It should have relevance to the purposes and intent behind the AuShaman Assoc. ...Those being to bring together the various shamanic practitioners under a recognizable banner whilst allowing for the diversity of beliefs and absolute independence of each individual.

Post all idea's and sketches here.

You comments on the suitability of each design is welcomed.

bless.

How about a picture of a naked bloke using his old fella as a paint brush?

• Like 5

Diversity of beliefs indeed.

Any better idea's?

• Like 1

cultural-religious-diversity-blog-art3.jpg

interfaith-symbols.jpg

religious_diversity_globe_rdax_300x301.jpg

• Like 2

Diversity_Hands.jpeg
  • Like 1

I might try and draw something up if I get time

I guess we shall just see what happens :lol:

Awen_symbol.jpg.

Ok.... ^^^ this is it...

Awen - inspiration - "the supreme preoccupation of Celtic poets, especially among those who had inherited the ancient prophetic and visionary arts of the ovate or faith - probably the earliest form of Celtic shaman."

Work around the awen to create original designs...

bless. more ideas?

i loko forward to seeing it... then we should vote which one to pick i spose...

who ever 'we' are...

edit: to let ya'll know that in truth i am a tyrannous dictator and that i am only opening up to democratic process so there is the possibility that others might actually give a f$$k whats going on in the AusDrug scene. and that potentially through the AuShaman Association we may collaborate without our idea's conflicting...

An association generally should be open to the vote and as i personally think a council of shamans would be useful i don't necessarily expect that anyone is particularly suitable for such a role in big bad olde societie land...

read here to understandmore: http://www.leoisaac.com/boards/index.htm

Edited by reptyle

It's a tricky brief. I'm assuming the Au stands for Australian. What is shamanism? There are many different types of people who would identify themselves as shamans, and many more who would align themselves with related belief systems and practices. Some use plants to enter trance states, others use chanting. Some are predominantly medicine men, others may be explorers. How can all these people find common ground? I guess the common thread is that shamanism is about contact with the spirit world in some form or another. So I guess a logo should represent that somehow, but do so in a manner free from cultural bias. That is tricky considering that most spiritual symbolism has arisen from one particular culture or another and will carry with it a subtext something specific to that culture.

It is natural to assume that most people interested in shamanism feel a strong connection to the natural world; the Earth and the plants. But there are also many people who consider themselves to be shamanic practitioners of some sort, in this country, who are not afraid to utilise modern technology, whether it be pharmacological or otherwise. Perhaps the logo could somehow convey this fusion of old an new, without being overtly one or the other. In fact, depending on what the ultimate purpose is, it might be better to create an association of NEO-shamans. I feel this term is broader and I think a lot more people would feel comfortable calling themselves this without feeling that it is offensive to 'real' shamans. It is also less loaded in terms of the beliefs and practices that it entails.

If this is intended to be the public face of shamanism in Australia, then the way it is viewed by outsiders will be important. While the symbolism should represent things that are meaningful to the shamanic community, it should convey a sense of familiarity to others that puts them at ease.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Not sure I'm in the right mind to try to design one myself, I spent a couple of minutes trying to get something started, but kept on coming up with things that looked like an insurance company or building society logo, lol. Do you want the name in the logo? Or just a symbol?

• Like 6

a>

That's awesome. Where's it from?

This is purely open source...

I am not taking full responsibility for this project though i am happy to somewhat "direct" it...

I am interested in possible name variation, however something specifically Australian is important... think ATO...

ASA.

^^^ reads perfectly to me...

the association is designed to represent a diversity of belief systems, such being anyone who wishes to apply the label shaman to their work or group...

moreon this latr...

bless...

What is aushaman?

What is aushaman?

Aush is a rich & tasty Afghani noodle soup. During the US occupation, soldiers with a christian belief would say a prayer before meals, and adapted their 'words of grace' to honour the tasty dish.

Hence the coining of the term Aush Amen.

]

• Like 4

Well Aushaman Association n e futher idea's?

Does anyone here have experience drafting constitutions?

or have n e opinion whatsoever regarding what types of limits should be placed upon membership within the association?

Surely there are some ShamanAus people who have a desire to see great social change?

If people dont express there basic needs as individuals and groups then i will just create it to the level of a funxctional organism and maybe invite people to join when the balls are rolling...

maybe i am deluded to think you all acutally care about the other people who are out there getting fucked up on drugs they dont understand and going to jail or getting fined for possession of natures sacred substnces...

if thats the case... well.... ummm... i'm still gonna try and sort through this mess and get it made right.

Join in with as much fervour as u feel it is worth i suppose.

peace.

Keeping it "opensource" persay is the best option in my opinion, would need to get legal advice i spose do you invision regestering a "non for profit"?

I see two ways to go about it, one way would be compleatly underground and anon using tor and sticking comunication servers on underweb this would eliminate the chance of self-incrimination, the other option would be to go about it as legally as possible and get some good legal advice...... going about it legally has the bonus of geting mainstream attention.

Curiouse on your legal advice at this point? I mean one would have to really dot there i's and cross there t's to insure no self-incrimination is done, Members would have to be screened pritty high, A idea i have for a screening proccess that would verify there integrity and also help out the comunity is if a potential member was required to do a evidence based review on a subject within the "industry", the end review can be peer reviewed by other members and will also serve as "content" for montly newsletters, gets many things done with one stone, reserch, content for the organisations "jornal" and verification the potential member fits the criteria...... Even a simply review of historic litriture would prove the potential member is villy to reserach and commit time, and it woud also "stock" the "ibary" in the same token.

Edited by vual

The idea is that there are several varieties of membership...

organisations,

individuals

partnerships

The AuShaman Assoc. is absolutely public... it is the collective of all the variably PRIVATE groups...

There is no reason to avoid advertising the people involved as shamans as that is the eniter point of the project... to be recognised and validated as a legitimate proffesion.

There can be a variety of privacy measures depending on the type of membership held. Obviously an organisation need not disclose the names of its members. Whereas an individual or partnership would.

The AuShaman Assoc. Would act as one unified body representing the interests of all the members, such interests having been decided at an annual meeting of the delegates.

Reports, advisory letters, commissioned studies and public education programs can be channeled through the AuShaman Association as it is representative.

As for not for profit... comments?

An organisation would require a sponsor to be identified to be given membership.

maybe i am deluded to think you all acutally care...

Hey, you started this thread simply asking for logo designs for an association that you talk about as though it already exists, but at some point it morphed into a request for others to actually create this organisation. It's your idea to begin with, yet you haven't provided a huge amount of insight into what this association should be. You've been pretty vague about it imo, particularly prior to the above-quoted post in which it seems you are all of a sudden having a go at your fellow SABers for not coming up with more ideas about something that you haven't fully explained to begin with. :scratchhead: Maybe I misunderstand your post, but if you have an idea, maybe post provide the skeleton and others can help collaborate on the details. If you don't have enough of an idea to do that, then it's still cool to post about it, but don't start complaining that others aren't contributing enough. :blink:

• Like 3