The Corroboree
TommyChesnutt

first time beard grower :)

well done hunnicut, your life just got way better

now i havnt had sex with anyone because i grew a beard but lots more people are considering it

although not a good idea to yell "congratulations you just had sex with a bearded man!" in your girlfriends face when you finish

• Like 3

That would be awesome. I would dig it.

Edited by incognito

hahahahaha that's great, i'm making that my main pick-up line....

hey baby... ever had sex with a bearded man?

i'll insulate your love, in my fur..

hrm...i'll work on that one...

One of the few good things about my partner being unemployed is that he can rock a beard again. I am a fan of a decent beard, any man owes it to the world to see if he's one of the lucky ones.

Hey I'm emPloyed and I have a beard!!!

Actually most of the guys at my work do. Shaving is pretty much frowned upon.

I look fucking terrible with a beard and the thought of bearded folk fucking creeps me out for some reason.

• Like 1

Incog, there's definatley a primal edge for both women and men with beards! I recently shaved mine off, and since I work in retail mgt, haven't felt i have been able to be as stern and forceful with staff/difficult customers. Or of coarse my confidence went down with said shave day.. either way its coming back bigger, better, more authorive and sexier than ever...

If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums

• Like 1

Only Django looks cool with a beard. :wink:

Edited by Evil Genius

You forgot about Jesus. And Santa. And Abe Lincoln.

• Like 2

I grow a powerful Red beard. My antennae to the cosmos.

Haha my nephew is blonde as, yet he grows a red beard. It's a cracker.

After having a beard for nearly three years my tip is to loose the moustache completely, as well as the bit below the bottom lip. Makes everything easier. My girlfriend preferres me shaving the moustache off with the razor but I usually just give it a quick hit with the hair clippers a couple times a week, along with anything around the lower neck area and of course the big thick area up my back lol. It is important to keep it a little bit neat or you'll look like a wild mountain man.

A lot depends on where you live too. In QLD people often stare in shock and disbelief at the sight of my beard, In Tasmania it gains a variety of positive responses and in PNG highlands you are not taken seriously unless you have one.

It seems to go well with my eyebrow piercing too. Beards are the new dreadlocks, get it right and the girls love you. get it wrong and you look like a feral hippie.

Edited by Halcyon Daze

It is important to keep it a little bit neat or you'll look like a wild mountain man.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

If could grow a proper beard I would, unfortunately I don't have that ability. Hopefully in a few more years. For now I just have some hair on my face and neck that is not quite worthy of the term beard just yet.

Having a beard has earnt me more respect than any other acheivement or personality trait. With it i look like a professor. It's also a chance to let some of my celtic blood shine through, (flecks of ginge through it)

Whenever a formerly bearded friend of mine has shaven I feel a sense of loss and feel I cannot trust them (reverse of traditional saying/sentiment "Never trust a bearded man")

Aren't beards a symbol of wisdom? I use mine huswise.

keep it from getting scraggly and the ladies swoon, at least this is my experience,

Oh and wameron just kinda knit the hair over the patches and voila: Beard

• Like 1

people usually think i'm much older than i am until they see me bare faced, so yes, you do get treated differently if people misjudge your age. also, get used to not being recognised particularly by children, and get used to people frequently wanting to talk about it, i guess because it's right there so it's an obvious topic.

beards can become a bit itchy after 3 months, or a lot itchy after 3 days, it depends on the person.

the only thing i don't like about having a beard is that your face can't shed it's dead skin properly, even after your third shave after a beard you might still have large patches of dead skin peeling off each day. it's actually visible through the beard so i am constantly trying to scratch off or otherwise remove these skin flakes with limited success.

no advice is needed really. beards grow themselves. shaving is a task, and growing a beard is the neglect of that task.

!

Great minds think alike. People always get reminded of my actual age (24) when I shave or trim down to a #0 or #1 length as I have always looked older than my age. And definitely agree with 'beards grow themselves, shaving is a task and growing a beard is the neglect of that task'.

If you don't have a good facial hygiene ritual you need to introduce one to avoid that dead skin or itchy face issue. If you get a flaky scalp you will experience the same under your beard. Use a good fragrance free facial wash every time you shower and be sure to have a good solid exfoliating scrub to use once a week especially for when you decide to trim back down it back down... though if you beach regularly you can substitute the scrub for a good ole sand scrub when you're having a swim.

Don't use soap because the high pH is not a good thing when you're trying to keep the oils on your skin properly balanced underneath the hair... also it will make your beard feel dry and stiff.

• Like 1

use a scrub through the beard? that seems strange but is worth a try. i have actually acquired a bizarre little hairbrush which is more efficient than anything else at scratching the skin off and out.

i get told contrasting things "i like the beard better", "you'll have to grow it back, you look naked", alongside people who try to criticise the beard. non-shavers beware, this territory seems to invite people to impose their opinions of how you should run your life. be ready with your own comments about how far they should be pulling their pants up or why they don't pluck their eyebrows.

no no. not too far at all :wink:

\greek, hairy, beirdo man. excellent choice for host of a show that was going no where after peter c left.