The Corroboree
Johnjohn86

Salvia help

Thanks for the last few threads of great info guys.....

The leaf curling ( and hardening and deforming ) has hit a friends salvia! He is not happy....

What should He be doing?

Any help would be appreciated

Warm regards

Jjsanaam

less light...more contstant foilar spraying , and temporary increase in humidity should see her good again

• Like 1

Leaf curling and browning can happen when it's adjusting to a new environment.

What 2deep said above rings true also..

I have found that my Salvias do excellently with some morning direct sun while living in pots. But I don't want to be forever repotting them (as they definitely do choke themselves to death if left too long) so I've started planting a few out in shady areas of the garden. I haven't been able to check on them though, so I can only hope they've survived in the ground. :)

just play it cool once you get leave curling, don't try to fix it by suddenly doing all sort of different things to the plant.

don't water more, don't give her more light, and don't fertilize her more, she will be good again after a while.

• Like 1

hey correct me if im wrong but isnt salvia legal to have but only illegal in extract ? would be good to know because i have some and would make it more discrete if so. also is it true that other types have psychoactive properties ?

^^^^^^^ whops seen earlier that even dried leaf is illegal thats crazy so i take it owning a plant is too ?

yup nicholas if the cops see you even talking about salvia divinorum you are likely to get a house visit.

nobody here breaks the law, in case anyone was wondering.

as soon as somebody questions legalities like this, we calmy inform them on australia laws, and what they can and can not do.

thank gosh for us ethno responsible people, who know where to responsibly draw the line :)

save the trees.

nobody here breaks the law, in case anyone was wondering.

Observing the forum guidelines on incrimination is one thing, but your statement above is taking it all a little bit too far. It's not about wilfully creating an illusion of being the good boyscout. I'm sure many people here break the law, whether it be smoking some grass, possessing milk-crates or exceeding the speed limit while driving. There's no reason to try and actively promote the unbelievable notion that members are any more or less law abiding than regular society.

People all around Australia break laws. If you happen to be puritanical in your obedience, that's fine if it works for you, but don't lump everyone else into the same framework.

• Like 2

okay come on Psylo, take it easy now... i'm backing away from this one niiiice and easy...

there is a level of passionate political arguement i can not comprehend, and this is one of them...

no offense was intended.

• Like 3

there is a level of passionate political arguement i can not comprehend, and this is one of them...

What don't you understand - that people on this forum are at least just as likely to break some minor laws?

Please reconsider what your idea is about self-incrimination..... telling others an outright untruth is not absolution in regards to that particular

forum guideline.

And any new members reading, no this doesn't mean it's OK to come here asking for salvia divinorum. :huh:

I just don't want anyone to think they have just arrived at a Hillsongs website. :innocent_n:

sure psylo. we understand each other, just fine.

• Like 1

hands up who's not stoned right now ?

I.. can't... quite... oblige

a>

lol../..yeah

this thread gladdens my heart

possessing milk-crates

So one shouldn't have milk crates..?

• Like 1

New cuttings in the Salvia House

post-7609-0-99819400-1332228852_thumb.jp

Salvia in the Cactus House

post-7609-0-65900900-1332228877_thumb.jp

post-7609-0-99819400-1332228852_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-65900900-1332228877_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-99819400-1332228852_thumb.jpg

post-7609-0-65900900-1332228877_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

You know on the crate where is printed property of ...................

I think the punishment is 3 hours in a empty milk truck that has been sitting in the sun for a week or $150.00 :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Not all sages are the same

"Investigation of in vitro Opioid Receptor Binding Activities of

Some Turkish Salvia Species"

http://www.acgpubs.o...NP-1008-306.pdf

The most active species, S. sclarea and S. dichroantha need further investigation for the identification of the active components responsible for this activity.

I often nibble ornamental sages; many are intensely bitter, indicating a high level of alkaloid(s) . I just need a portable GC. is there an app for that yet? :)

Edited by michaelangelica

wellcome to the forums, barefootpicker.

i'd like you to edit your post, because we never reveal sources here, and the people you mention could get in trouble, for what you are saying.

i know you only try to help....

• Like 1