The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

Energy without adrenaline/norepinephrine?

Are there any stimulants or energy tonics that actually work in a way other than stimulating the adrenalin/norepinephrine sympathetic system?? Licorice is the only one I can find but I was wondering about Rhodiola or Shizandra ???

chilli and cold showers?

I don't know what this stuff is but it's fkn evil how much energy it creates... I took one dose today and I'm really thinking about throwing it out it's to full on...http://usplabsdirect.com/OxyELITE-Pro/ if your interested australian sports nutrition stock it

i'm guessing it's similar to NOxplode, for which i have not tried but have heard the effects are intense, i wonder if this product is ok to be taken if not intending to work out... i dont really know anything about it, but a gym junkie friend of mine says it is very effective and lasts for hours

• Like 1

great question.

i'm interested in trying l-dopa, i have no idea whether it would provide an energy effect. tyrosine helps my energy levels, obviously it helps build adrenaline but it is smoother than taking a stimulant.

lots of gym supplements have stimulants but that doesn't really answer the question. i reckon it's a question for the neurochem gurus.

I've tried NOxplode, and it's quite good the first few times, though you quickly become use to the effects. It's main stimulating qualities are due to large amounts of caffeine.

As for OxyElite Pro, its contains DMAA, which does have norepinephrinergic effects, so not what Zen Peddler is after. Haven't done to much research on it, but from what I've read it's been used in legal party pills in NZ, and it's made it's way into all the "top" pre-workout supplements. Its quite cheap as well and currently still legal http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/pre-workout/1-3-dimethylamylamine-dmaa-5g