The Corroboree
sethomopod

Insane art formed by carving books with surgical tools

Very 'WOW' !!!

Lets all go to Marcels bookshop and have a book carving workshop.

For a gag gift once I hollowed out a copy of Twilight and stuck a flask in it. That in itself took hours. I can't imagine how much time those would take. Thank you for sharing this. :wub:

Edited by Belching
  • Like 1

Whilst I agree that the internet images are amazing, I'm calling BS on the factuality.

How are the pages glued together?

I want to try this

Amaz: the old retail adage applies even to friends: "You break it, you bought it." :)

I come across a lot of book carvers and sculptors on the net and even a few in real life. This guy is by far the most impressive. I'm not sure to what extent your call of BS extends Psylo, but I suspect they're actual carvings, but I reckon he does cut things out and re-arrange them a little.

• Like 1

Psylo these aren't BS, furthermore i think most of these are careful not to rearrange images but to keep them attached in their original positions.

Whilst I agree that the internet images are amazing, I'm calling BS on the factuality.

@ Psylo Dread, Your post intrigues me.

Have you even googled the "BS" artist? it comes across that you have a limited conception of the realms of human creativity..

Would it be too much to ask for an explanation of your reasoning behind your statement "I call BS on the factuality"?

What I really mean is this: Do you think that it is impossible for a human to create this art? or do you have proof that this particular man does not create the art the he claims to create?

Edited to remove drunken rudeness

Edited by sethomopod