The Corroboree
tipz

peres ( all gone )

Posting some more trades saturday morning. I have some excess pereskiopsis here - If you have a shitload of seedlings and need something to graft them too, all I ask is postage expenses.

Ill offer to the first five people that request it below. ( you know the drill - pm me ya address e.t.c and ill take payment via paypal once I have a figure on how much postage is )

cheers - tipz

(edit) all gone !

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

Yes, that would be cool. I'm not having much success with my present cuts :( Maybe its all the damn rain we have had in Sydney.

hell yeh tipz i just posted about wanting peres didnt see your thread

one left, sorry but only have enough for five packs !

I just noticed your location LOL. Long way from home, tipz. :wink:

I needed a seachange ! and I am loving the hormuz straight ! kicking back on a deckchair reading revelations right now :innocent_n:

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

Fifth PM recieved, all gone.

cheers

Had the day off work, so packed and posted everything today.

Just a word of warning on the odd chance anyone I am sending them too, is unfamiliar with pereskiopsis or glochids in general.

Handle with care, use garden gloves or a sponge or thick towel.

I was warned also before my first batch of peres arrived, but learnt the hard way still. There are some big nasty spines on them and some microscopically thin fuckers too.

( on a side note - the leaves are quite tasty - chuck em in your salads, nom nom nom )

lol someone sent me my peres, and forgot to warn me....i was so exited to see my posted tube arrive i popped the lid off....thrust my hand in......clamped tightly....and learnt the hard way, that they are not unsimilar to opuntia...lol

your opening of package 2deep sounds like my recent experience eating opuntia fruit, i ripped it off the plant tore it open to get a finger full of thistles, tore flesh open to plump glowing innards of vibrant purple red delight to take a bite, to get a tongue full of thistles, and they are not pleasant to remove from yr tongue with tweezers...lesson learnt do not eat prickly pears in haste! :slap:

I have seen a clip on youtube of preparing prickly pears, they burn all the fine barbed spines off with a butane torch... then your good to go.

(edit) i would have loved to have seen that applesnail, maybe I am sadistic but i find great humour in seeing things like that happen to people :P )

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

Had the day off work, so packed and posted everything today.

Just a word of warning on the odd chance anyone I am sending them too, is unfamiliar with pereskiopsis or glochids in general.

Handle with care, use garden gloves or a sponge or thick towel.

Thanks for the heads up tipz. I was informed only last night that the peres were one to be careful with :unsure: .

I have heaps of 'CHUX' cloth i can use to handle them :wink: .

yeah amazoninan..the cloth will stop the glochids.....but if it aint thick stuff, you may still discover its actual 'spines' , which are more like a cacti......

thats for the heads up with the fruit....

^ The Chux bit was sort of a private joke,lol.

I received the peres...( 2 days ago, forgot to mention here) . Thank You so much tipz. :)

Look out baby cacti... Your gunna geta grafted !!!

• Like 1

what do people use for variegated Astrophytums? tried pereskopsis the other day and 2/2 failed, where as 6/6 lophs took... :(

^ why the sad face ?... The Loph's took !!!!... :) :)