The Corroboree
tonic

Roland MC-303 Groovebox (SOLD)

SOLD!!!

Edited by tonic

$1300 - that would be around 1998 when they came out?

i'd say they're worth no more than $100 now. i certainly wouldn't pay much more for an emulator, not with all the software available these days (and software which is arguably better than a mc303).

do you know if you can bend these? it's all digital right?

It's digital yes. I would prefer more than $100 for it.

Thanks a bunch mate, I really appreciate you coming in on my thread slagging out the Groovebox and probably preventing me from selling the thing :BANGHEAD2:

anyone who has even a rudimentary knowledge of the groovebox and it's place in modern digital music production would come to the same conclusion. but good luck anyway.

Gee thanks!

EDIT: To those who might be still interested, I don't actually want too much for it, but I was hoping for a bit more than $100. So if anyone wants to make an offer over $100, I will definitely consider it.

Edited by tonic

Qualia, I appreciate your efforts in enlightening the ignorant.

Tonic, I guess that is the 'con' (as opposed to the 'pro') of selling on an open forum....and not in the correct area either (I believe there is a classifieds section, is there not?)

Maybe ask the admin to move the thread....or delete it and start a new one (and put a price that you are wanting for it).

I already asked the admin before I posted this thread. The admin OK'd it.

I agree though, can someone delete this thread please though. I have a feeling selling it after those comments is going to be like pushing shit up hill. All I need right now.

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD. I WILL TRY ANOTHER STRATEGY

Thanks..

to be honest man i wouldnt get mad about the comments anyone who has half a brain

and considered buying it is gonna do thier research first these things came out in like 96

15 year old equpment wich only cost about 600 or so when it first came out is not gonna be worth fuckall now

and as qaulia said theres so many options around these days for similar equipment that are 10 times better than this for like $200 brand new

you cant expect much for it man

no one wants to be ripped off and to be honest if anyone paid more than $100 for it theyre definately getting a raw deal

unfortunately its just not worth more than that

and the fact that you seem so pissed about qaulia's comments kinda makes it seem like you wanna rip someone off

if i was you i wouldnt even bother selling it keep it for yaself man just for fun to mess around with you no

i've got old turntables and mixers i bought like 7 yrs ago that i paid thousands for and now i'd be lucky to get a few hundred for em if i tried to sell em it sucks but its just the way it is

i just keep em to mess around with and let mates use that arent really familiar with em so they dont mess up my good stuff

i say just hold onto it its not a bad piece of equipment

not trying to be mean or anything just sayin it like it is :)

Well I had a 303 and I think they are fun.Worth more than 100, will be desirable retro kit maybe one day.

I remember back in the day I had a 909 and 808 ,sold em for a song and now they are collectors items.

I have a 505 and use it as backing noise,I reckon they are great for making drones and layered soup of sound.

Great to have tactile real controls.

Mutate the sounds and improvise....just great. 303 can do that fine.

thats my five bobs worth.

i was gonna say the same about them being a collectors item

i'd hold onto it and look for someone who collects these things

they'd be willing to pay a bit more than the average joe

some people love older equipment like this

if you really dont wanna keep it for yourself then maybe wack it on ebay with a reserve of watever you want for it

and see how it go's someone who's interested in older equipment like this might come long and buy it

although i still think you wouldnt get more than about $150 for it

theres just not a big market for stuff like that

Most of the new equipment comes with IPOD DOCKS... not hard to see why many preffer the older models.

i dunno wat kind of shitty equipment you been lookin at eatfoo haha :)

most people would just go for a midi controller instead of somethin like this and i havent seen any midi controllers with ipod docks

an mc-303 is not the same as a tb-303, which is what most people would think of when you say a "303". maybe in 30 years time it will be a"retro collectors item", like the fairlight cmi. but really only old analogue gear has resale value as for too many years it all went digital/rompler, now the analogue gear of the 80's is highly sought after, particularly because they were made with components (opamps/transistors) which are no longer manufactured which lent their distinctive sound which is virtually impossible to reproduce exactly using dsp.

• Like 1

I've got the 505 and it's pretty neat, I wouldn't instantly bag out the grooveboxes as they can be a heap of fun for amateur music producers.

I don]t agree with the sabotage of this thread, but hey, it is a pubic forum I suppose.

an mc-303 is not the same as a tb-303, which is what most people would think of when you say a "303".

How stupid is that of Roland !? Or maybe it was to cash in on their classic model.

Not all old gear is worthless. A mate of mine has an old Space Echo which I think I will borrow indefinitely. There's presently one on E-Bay for $1000.00. Whether it sells or not is another story, but the same E-Bayer DID sell one recently for $700.00.

the reason for the price on that psylo is because that is truely a vintage piece of equipment

that thing came out in 1973

the piece of equipment we are talking about here came out in 96

and is a very different piece of equipment

anything like this that is from the early 80's or older can fetch alot of money on the collectors market

beyond that theyre not really worth alot maybe in another 10 or 20 yrs

and its not easy to find buyers for stuff like this either

for the record, thse go for $50-$150 on ebay in various states of completion (from without box manual power supply etc to modded with memory upgrades)

Yeah I was going to offer it for $150 including postage (registered). Can't believe this thread is still going, or even here really. I go away for a day and the post count has doubled...

...and no, I'm not trying to rip anybody off. That's not how I roll.

yeh that was about the price range i thought

$150 with postage is a good price man

i'd put it on ebay mate and just put a reserve of like $120 or something an see wat happens

I did have it on ebay a while ago and it ended up costing me heaps as no one bought it. It even had 30 watchers at one point. Not sure what was going on there. Anyway, that's probably what I will end up doing, just thought it might be cheaper and easier to try and sell it here.

EDIT: As a guide, postage is approx $20-25.

Edited by tonic

that sucks man

i havent sold anythin on ebay before does it cost heaps to put stuff on there

i never new that

thats pretty shit especially if it doesnt sell

i would've thought they'd only take a cut from sales

i think $150 is a fair price for it especially with postage

try do a classified thing on here an see wat happens

you might have some luck

an atleast it wont cost ya anything

Dont know which state youre in but in NSW there's an underground street press mag (Drum Media) thatI think still has a free classifieds. Check your own state's version. Plenty of budding, quirky young musos would see your ad and might take an interest.

for the record i never accused you of trying to rip anyone off, and i was in fact right about my price assessment. finally you can sell it for as much as you want i don't care i'm only saying the truth.

and i'd love a fucking space echo :uzi: