The Corroboree

You should start selling your trinkets here Amz? The loph buttons are popular :)

• Like 1

All good things take time :)

I didn't really make this thread to to get sales/trades, but i am flattered that people would want me to make something for them. I don't mind making a few things for people here and there, but i don't want it to become a chore. I like to just make what comes to mind. If there are only a few Loph' beads about, that makes them all the more special. :)

• Like 3

yeah I suppose, after all money isnt everything, what i meant was if you wanted to make sales you could easily sell what you make here and the money could fund your next carving? You dont need to profit to excess, just enought to buy you equipment etc and cover your true costs like consumables - diamond bits, emery cloth, polish, jade etcetc

, what i meant was if you wanted to make sales you could easily sell what you make here and the money could fund your next carving?

That is a good thing to do with hobbies....sell off a few things off to be able to continue with what you love.

Tell ya what dworx, you can buy a carving , i will make it cheap, only $1000,lol....... Just joking my friend. :):wink:

How do you propose Amz makes it worth her while? Lets say 2 hours labour at $25/hr, $10 in materials and a small profit of $20. Would YOU buy a loph bead for $80? Let the poor girl enjoy her hobbies for fucks sake!

Amz how long did the loph take to make, just to put it into perspective?

How do you propose Amz makes it worth her while? Lets say 2 hours labour at $25/hr, $10 in materials and a small profit of $20. Would YOU buy a loph bead for $80? Let the poor girl enjoy her hobbies for fucks sake!

I hope you are just saying that in general Psy, as dworx is on the same page. He knows the value of it all, and the time it takes. . :)

Amz how long did the loph take to make, just to put it into perspective?

The Loph' beads are not as hard as some of the other stuff that i have made. It takes about 2 -ish hours to carve the bead,,,,but that is when i have nice new diamond bits/discs. I tell ya, when the bits get blunt, it takes AGES . I would trade a Loph' bead for the value of $20. But i really just like to make things randomly and give as a gift.. I am not annoyed at those who have inquired about a carving, but it is just a hobby, not a business :) .

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

You should trade loph beads for lophs of the same size :)

• Like 2

Hi Amz - I would swap you a Loph plant for one of your beautiful loph keychains - I know what you mean about them not being as ''unique'' if you start making heaps (omg, everyone loves them!) :) - I just so desperately want one lol!

Just to put it in perspective Psylo there are small carvings called netsuke that have become collectable and some are tiny like beads, others like alittle smaller than matchbox cars etc. Some of these sell for thousands, so $80.00 is not a lot when your talking carved semi precious stones.

Edited by dworx

Anything new in the works Amz??? :)

Actually, i have had a dabble outside today. I will post a pic' when its finished :)

So here is a carved mushroom i did today, among other carvings i am working on. It is about 2cm tall, so kinda small. I will use it as a USB dongle thingy, or attach it to a bookmark. In the first photo with the moss, it looks like the carving isn't shaped very well around the cap, but it is the depressions where the holes are drilled for adding cord/thread later. :)

post-7430-0-74182000-1331367873_thumb.jp post-7430-0-72554700-1331367884_thumb.jp post-7430-0-73720100-1331367902_thumb.jp

Jade carved \'shroom.jpg

Jade mushroom.jpg

Psilocybe  Jade nephrite.jpg

Jade carved \'shroom.jpg

Jade mushroom.jpg

Psilocybe  Jade nephrite.jpg

• Like 10

Beautiful work Amz how did you polish the undercut -where the gills would be? it looks sensational.

• Like 1

I cut out some emery paper into small circles and attached them to a Dremel/Ryobi (Acme) bit with a screw, and it is sort of like a sanding disc. It gets into nitty gritty spots quite well.

• Like 1

No mun no fun ;)

Remember the rule of supply and demand AMz :)

the loph keychain is absolutely stunning amozon......i think you have spurred me into a new hobby..they all look great...already got most of my bits materials from lead lighting, and would be interesting to combine the 2.

• Like 1

Lead Lighting was something i looked at some time back hey. Who doesn't like a work of art as a window ?! . I am sure you could carve up a storm 2Deep2handle. :)

Edited by Amazonian

Excuse me Amazonian, do you sell these, I would love to buy one of these? Can you do colum cacti??

Hi Amz - I would swap you a Loph plant for one of your beautiful loph keychains - I know what you mean about them not being as ''unique'' if you start making heaps (omg, everyone loves them!) :) - I just so desperately want one lol!

Am I reading this ight youmare selling these for loph plants?? Will you take cash??? Or not? How much?

Excuse me Amazonian, do you sell these, I would love to buy one of these? Can you do colum cacti??

Am I reading this ight youmare selling these for loph plants?? Will you take cash??? Or not? How much?

A columnar cacti , i am not that good, lol. I don't really make stuff on request, or sell much. Sorry, but thanks for the interest. I shall keep you in mind though :)

:)

Hello Amazonian,

We had a chat at EGA about making stuff out of Caapi.

Well I was working with a skull that has been a bit "difficult"

Thought I should whip up an Atlantian wand for extra protection.

Caapi Vine, carved bone, Echidna quills (for protection )

Atlantisite, gold ribbon.

post-337-0-72137600-1336369025_thumb.jpg

Here it is with the skull, the whole working turned out great

And I learnt the purpose that particular skull in my life.

post-337-0-76286200-1336369325_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for your inspiration, your work is just beautiful.

I am sending you something I hope you can use.

• Like 5

Thanks colhawk. :) . Its very satisfying making things out of nature's bits , hey . I like your style of creativity and the Atlantean wand looks great!

I love the way caapi grows all twisty and spirals, and the pattern inside never ceases to intrigue me.

:)

• Like 1