The Corroboree

wow very nice carvings. I especially like the leaf and infinity one.

and I do like a good trip simulator too!

• Like 1

Very cool Amazonian, I too love the leaf, reminds me of the leaf on super mario!

sweet, i like them.

how did you make the kaleidoscope?

actually i love that little loph button.

could you make another and sell it to me? a little loph keyring i think would be awesome.

• Like 2

Have to boast here and say, I am the very proud owner of that little loph carving ( and it is the best keyring evaaaaa B) )

And my friend 'the birdman' seriously loved his feather carving amazonian !

Beautifull heartfelt work right there ! big up's to ya ! keep on carving :)

-tipz

• Like 2

how did you make the kaleidoscope?

The kaliedoscope was really easy, all you need is a glass cutter, some colored beads in a small container (or similar) ,a mirror and a tube, even PVC will do. But for a really good 'trip simulator', you would use a first surface mirror (front surface mirror), which is like a mirror without that final paint coating on the back ( you can buy the mirror or have a go with paint stripper .I was unsuccessful, but this removes ghosting on the reflection inside the kaleidoscope, and makes for a much better image). You can also add a liquid silicon and beads into a tube at the end as the focal point, which gives it movement without having to turn the kaleidoscope.

actually i love that little loph button.

could you make another and sell it to me? a little loph keyring i think would be awesome.

I have a few 'IOUs to do, and then i can carve some more stuff for trades. I will PM you qualia when i get another done. :)

how did you get the infinity carving so perfect and well polished ?

That is far from what i would call rustic

how did you get the infinity carving so perfect and well polished ?

That is far from what i would call rustic

I spent a lot of time on that one. It is one of my favorites, and i would like to keep it as a one off, yeah, I wont replicate the Infinity :) . I polished it with some 2000 emery paper.

' Rustic' :blush: . I am modest.

• Like 1

Nice stuff Amazonian :)

Looking at some of those carvings makes me think that you might just have been a Maori in a past life-

(eth rubs noses with amz )

Plus, Amz showed me some of her kaleidoscopes at ega in between rides .

They were fun mate.

• Like 1

Nice work amz, I looked at the loph thumbnail and didn't even see the carving at first.

• Like 1

Wow. They're awesome. Let me know when you're taking orders; I'm very keen!

• Like 1

no.fucking.way ! That's really great, Amz, and I like that you don't restrain yourself to one artistic medium.

Some members here are so creative, I wish I could express myself through art.

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words/ encouragement guys :wub: . I am thinking of doing a mushroom carving too, and an Aum, and maybe an arrow head , and, and ,and... :P .

@ tipz, I am glad you like your Loph' keyring, and that the 'birdman' liked the feather carving. It was a fair trade. :)

• Like 1

Very nice, Amz. Seen couple of those, on here and in person but great to see more of the collection.

The kaleidoscope was awesome!!!

• Like 1

I am surprised that nobody picked up on the brand of power tool that i use?! ( depicted in pics) . It was kind of a joke...you know, like on the Loony Tunes.... Wile E Cyote is a big fan of ACME products.

• Like 1

Uh, you said Dremel.....

If i had have said, " i use a 'Ryobi' ", woud you have known what it was?. Dremel (and of course Ryobi) is just a brand name. 'For lols' i put an ACME label on the 'small hand held rotary tool'. :) . Now stop being technical Psy :P

My small hand held rotary tool is a Hitachi... :wink::innocent_n:

realy nice art you made, you obviously have the skills needed, and the patience and motivation.

other materials for you to try out would be, some timbers (the realy hard ones, recycle piano keys), tagua (vegetable ivory), black, pink and red coral (from enviromental friendly soureces) and bone.

i love carving bone, the most, but i never have used power tools for it.

• Like 1

yes carving bones i awesome, nice carving amz, you are good at it, and proud owner of one of those leaf ones. :) thanks

i agree about carving bone without use of powe tools, i have been taught to carve boomerangs and bundi's each with their own processes, which a power tool can not acheive has to be done by hand. anyway, sometimes tools are required like with stone, which can take long time without a dremel or similar

nice work!

• Like 1

:) I love all of these amz I think the feather and the loph are my favourite.., You could easily start a business selling little carvings and what not at the markets or something because i for one would love to be able to purchase some of you carvings xD

Would it be possible to make a carving request? (when you have time to make one of course)

• Like 1

other materials for you to try out would be, some timbers (the realy hard ones, recycle piano keys), tagua (vegetable ivory), black, pink and red coral (from enviromental friendly soureces) and bone.

i love carving bone, the most, but i never have used power tools for it.

Ah, the Tagua nut, yes i am familiar with that. Yeah, i like to dabble. I am sure i will work with many different materials during my life. I am chasing some naturally shed antler at the moment?!. As for carving without a power tool,... now that would require some real skill.

:) I love all of these amz I think the feather and the loph are my favourite.., You could easily start a business selling little carvings and what not at the markets or something because i for one would love to be able to purchase some of you carvings xD

Would it be possible to make a carving request? (when you have time to make one of course)

Thanks for the positive vibes :) .

I dont want carving to become a chore. As soon as you start trying to make a business of a passion, it can (but not always) quickly go sour :) . As for requests.... not really.. I like to just make what comes to me at the time. Some things i can replicate. Some things are just too tricky for my level of skill. Maybe if/when i improve, i can make different things on request?. It actually takes a fair amount of time to finish a peice. I work on it in sessions. Some things take a week to get right. Sometimes you can have a tragedy near the end and have to go back to the drawing board. The leaf for example, as i was finishing it off , polishing it, i chipped it GRRRR and had to grind away again to repair it.Frustrating...but usually rewarding... especially when the receiver really likes it.

post-7430-0-15307800-1329886628_thumb.jp post-7430-0-34205400-1329886669_thumb.jp

insence holder...with chip.jpg

chiped.jpg

insence holder...with chip.jpg

chiped.jpg

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

oh that's cool i think it looks better after you carved the chip out it kinda has a better shape to it

I wasn't going to ask for anything to complicated maybe just something like this made from some kind of stone although i have no idea how hard it might be xD

post-7916-0-65443700-1329887206_thumb.jp

post-7916-0-65443700-1329887206_thumb.jpg

post-7916-0-65443700-1329887206_thumb.jpg