The Corroboree
mud

Perfect Datura Administration

Ok, it's only a controversial title to get attention. Surely, there is NO perfect way to take Datura other than not taking it at all..

BUT..

you'll often read of the dangers..and tropanes oughta be smoked, not ingested etc..

AND ppl talk up how gorgeous the flowers are..

SO,

really, c'mon- you can have a lil smell. Or a large sniff. Please, DO NOT snort the bloody bloom:

But shit, this kinda IS the perfect route of administration :s

Personally, 1-2 gentle slow inhales

provides a few hours of visual enhancement.

Even more amazing if you're alreay working with an allie.

Lucy loves Datura.

Does anyone else experience profound effects from having a wee smell?

• Like 2

i've smelt many brugmansia flowers and have been told they give a light effect, i certainly have never experienced anything pronounced.

One time after taking a big whiff a friend noticed i had pollen all over my nose, again nothing profound but colours did seem a little bit more radiant

edit: honestly i think i get more intoxicated off it's aroma... mmm it smells soooo tasty!

I enjoy hanging fresh flowers up around a room :)

Edited by Distracted
  • Like 1

I once definitely noticed effects for the smell of the sap after cutting down a large one with a chainsaw

I have deeply taken in the smell up close on many daturas, hundreds of times, and I cannot say there were any delirium effects.

Delerium no, but massive colour enrichment..and even the 'breathing carpet' kinda thing for me.

every time i've done it i haven't experienced anything more than what could be a placebo effect sorry :(

I'm just reading a thread at the shroomery with people talking about snorting lines of pollen :blink:

Talking about it, not really game enough to do it.

• Like 1

I'm just reading a thread at the shroomery with people talking about snorting lines of pollen :blink:

yeah nah considering that the potency of tropane alkaloids is known to be less to more concentrated from roots >bark > stem > leaves > seeds > flowers > pollen, snorting it sounds like your just asking to "come to '' in a hospital or police station

i have smoked 2-3 small cones of brugmansia candida X (double white) LEAF, to some small effect on several oocasions. dilated pupils, dry mouth, feeling of been watched over shoulder, excaerbated distinction of colour in vision. I dont recommend ever drinking(ingesting) ANY form of any amount of tropane alkaloids be it datura, brug, atropia belladonna, yesterday-today-tomrorow. Ingestion lasts too long, and is the method that is considered fucking crazy, as opposed to just crazy, with smoking.

It also makes for a nice addition (in very small sparing amounts) to add mixture smokos (ie 13g Mugwort 13g Salvia dorissianna 2g Brug Leaf)...but saying that BE CAREFUL please people.

Tropane alkaloids are not a joke. Both the physical and mental affects(not that youll know your experiencing them) are amongst the most dangerous of any family of drugs.

EDIT: I also LOVE the smell of brugs, and they are my favourite family of plants, not for their use, but merely for their look and scent. They are meant to affect the way you dream, so plant several outside your window, and be sure to take a nap as the sun sets, when brugs are at their most scented.

I find the scent intoxicating too, but i beleive it is merely a placebo also, from having such a tantilising treat teasing my sense of smell...hmmm at least if u huffed a line it would probably taste good!

Edited by 2Deep2Handle

Brug is my favourite plant out of all that I've grown in my time. The scent is amazing and definitely agree that it's intoxicating... kinda gives you a blissful fuzziness.

You CAN have a perfect dose though as I've had one first hand, but it was fluke and I haven't revisted it. Can definitely say it was the most profound plant spirit encounter I have ever experienced. Report is on erowid in the combinations section of the Brug vault by memory.

I think I consumed maybe 1\3rd of a flower in tea and another 1\3rd smoked.

I also consider Brug leaf and flower an essential addition to any changa mix I put together.

Owing the the variable level of tropane % between plants, wouldn't it be sensible for users to take a target quantity, say 1/2 kg, dry it and blend it together as a fine chop - then work up from a miniscule baseline for the desired effects ? At best, one might find the 'ideal' dosage can be repeated without danger to one's health.

That assumes no degradation over the period of storage of one's mass of plant matter.

• Like 1

I thought I had the perfect dose, but then the popular American sitcom 'The Nanny', chased me around my backyard in my underpants and I spent >4 hours curled TIGHTLY in a ball crying my eyes out.

• Like 1

A friend of a friend of mine was telling me he has experimented taking small sections (blotter sized) of brugmansia flower and taking it sublingually, up to three of these a time. He noticed a chest pain, dryness of mouth and pupil dilation, but no other effects.

He now regularly adds brugmansia flower/leaf to his smoking mixes. It tastes good and is calming - but he's never experienced anything remotely resembling a deliriant effect, except for one time when several J's of brug were had followed by some really potent cannabis, in which he proceeded to have a panic/anxiety attack and couldn't calm his breathing.

Just know your limits. I've sniffed the flowers and carried one for about two hours and then, just by skin/nasal contact, noticed some of the tell-tale physical symptoms of tropane poisoning.

Peace

I had used the same dose many times before without the hysterical, deliriant effect. This was just a freak time, and it scared the SHIT out of me.

(Seeds from Datura Metel)

Edited by gunfighter

holy shit....metel is meant to have the higfhest concentrations of the datura genus of Hyoscyamine and scopolamine isnt it? and the seeds are most potent part....your game gunfighter

Like i said ive smoked brug.....but i dont think id go near datura....Brug seems to be a litte friendlier, and all the horror stories i personally know of are from dat not brug....i know peoiple who have done/do one/both, and its always the datura that kicks their ass.

Khala....on trans-dermal absorbtion, i think im going to collect all my double white flowers, and lay them all out on my bed and sleep in them, or line this computer chair im sitting on with them and sit bare-assed on it while i trawl the coroboree :blink:

Be careful with the regular usage. Someone I know who used to smoke a lot of cannabis also used to both mix his herb with orange brug flowers and also smoke it straight. He had some interesting effects from the brug depending on the amount smoked. 1 or 2 straight cones would enhance colour and make everything vibrant and chrome-like for about 30 minutes tapering down after an hour. When smoked in large quantities - a big big cone piece, maybe between a 20 and 50 cent coin in size - the brug sent him straight to sleep, he woke up a short time later in a zombie-like trance state neither asleep or awake without a thought in his head and eyes peering through long tunnels. There was nothing unusually interesting about this apart from the change in visual perception. He went to work the next morning dead tired with nice big black pupils.

My friend said he experimented with brug for about 6 months, leading up to what essentially lapsed into a state of anxiety and minor depression. He told me that he had troubling and frustrating linguistic memory recall for about a year afterwards where he would simply be unable to find the words in his mind to describe quite simple things. My friend says that he expects the brugmansia to be a major factor in this otherwise disappointing chain of events.

Careful kids!! Brug abuse is seldom wise..

• Like 1

"honestly i think i get more intoxicated off it's aroma... mmm it smells soooo tasty!"

My experience aswell, love the smell, even moreso when trippin... but never had any extra effects just from smelling the flowers...

ingested on the other hand can add some lovely colour & sparkle to mushrooms/cactus/lsa/d. Smoked with changa.

I remember Gom telling a story of falling asleep under a brug & having crazy beautiful dreams, still hav'nt tried that one though.

Owing the the variable level of tropane % between plants, wouldn't it be sensible for users to take a target quantity, say 1/2 kg, dry it and blend it together as a fine chop - then work up from a miniscule baseline for the desired effects ? At best, one might find the 'ideal' dosage can be repeated without danger to one's health.

That assumes no degradation over the period of storage of one's mass of plant matter.

When I had my experience I had taken the same dose of fresh flower material from the same plant the previous night as a dream herb - I got only vivid dreams. When repeated the second night with same intention I experienced proper delirium (talking to people who weren't there, disappearing cigarettes etc) and couldn't distinguish awake from sleep. So the flowers varied dramatically in concentration of alkaloids on the same plant.

I'd assume that your suggestion would be the only sensible way to do it.

Brugmansias are not Datura.

A pity both are confused in this thread

michaelangelica...i do not beleive they are confused...more just a thread about datura that contains information also on brugmansia's, as it is relavent. And yes they are different.....so much so that im sure each member posting in this thread also realises this, and which plant is being talked about.

This thread might as well be titled "the administration of tropane containing plants". Both similar in the the alkaloid structure(not content/percentage or ratios though)(Tropane alkaloids).

Each post talks about which plant they are talking about....read the whole thread.

and brugmansia is probably actually incorrectly synonomous with datura anyway....pretty sure was in the genus classification at some point...

• Like 3

hey 2deep those brugs cones really are nice thanks a bunch :P I'm gunna try vaping it next

i wonder what temp would be ideal,.....

michaelangelica...i do not beleive they are confused...more just a thread about datura that contains information also on brugmansia's, as it is relavent. And yes they are different.....so much so that im sure each member posting in this thread also realises this, and which plant is being talked about.

This thread might as well be titled "the administration of tropane containing plants". Both similar in the the alkaloid structure(not content/percentage or ratios though)(Tropane alkaloids).

Each post talks about which plant they are talking about....read the whole thread.

and brugmansia is probably actually incorrectly synonomous with datura anyway....pretty sure was in the genus classification at some point...

Perfectly put... also correct about Brugmansia once being classified as Datura - until the 70's I'm pretty sure.

Yeh, reckon we all got a bit serious.

OP, and my hard earnt exeperience lends to

"just smell the f*ckn things"

and foregt the rest.

But then agan, "as you will". lol

smelt the flowers of a huge brug tree near a bus stop last friday afternoon. beautiful! can't say it did much that i was aware of but i did have a pleasant afternoon.

that night I lost my phone somewhere in transit. no idea where, don't remember putting it down or taking it out of my bag.

i suspect slightly that the scent may have had something to do with my lapse of awareness.

perhaps the plant spirit was trying to help me by getting rid of my phone for me!

• Like 2

post-4660-0-31583200-1329978348_thumb.jp

Intoxicating in a way only the sweetest scents can be

post-4660-0-31583200-1329978348_thumb.jpg

post-4660-0-31583200-1329978348_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I've been doing some reading (shock horror, I know), and I've discovered that Witches used Opium Poppy and Datura to fly to witches gatherings (probably metaphorically speaking....they probably went to a consciousness gathering). Further to this it seems some of the components in Datura/Belladonna are antagonists of that of Opium poppy....or vica versa.

No idea about dosages....no idea if it was leaves/flowers of Opium poppy or just the juice/sap. Either way it seems a very interesting prospect. Still investigating but I will detail more upon receipt of the knowledge.

I'm also going to try Ouija board some more info about herbal mixtures to obtain heightened states of consciousness but Datura seems to only work if combined with other plants. By itself it, obviously, can wreak havoc.