The Corroboree
Ambient

Cactus Factory Garden Centre - Albany, WA.

A friend of mine was down in Albany recently & mentioned visiting the "Cactus Factory Garden Centre". They only gave me a limited description & I know very little about the garden myself; but thought it would be a good place to check out for anyone passing through or living in the area.

If you have visited the center already or go & have a look, plz share you're experience, It would be great to hear a little more of what it's like.

I cant see a single cactus in those photos :P

Hence why I'm fishing for more info, its a hell of a long drive from where I am, I'd be pretty devo if I made the journey only to find a few succulents & one or two euphorbias hidden amongst the usual garden center stock.

Also, as far as I know its a relatively new nursery, so fingers crossed it lives up to it's name.

Doubt they would have lophs or trichs - wouldn't be legal would it ? ( same as here in SA )

If im wrong - im smashing open the savings account and starting a loph and trich nursery here in Radelaide !

Doubt they would have lophs or trichs - wouldn't be legal would it ? ( same as here in SA )

Perfectly legal to sell them in WA atm

Fucking south australia and it's bullshit laws ! I wanna run an entheogenic cacti nursery !

• Like 1

I dont know if LW is leagle to sell. Being a rapant weed and all.

Edited by eatfoo

i remember mr b caapi saying he used to buy trays of lophs from frasers garden centre (now shut down)

very interesting, i shall pass this info onto some contacts down in that shit hole

Fucking south australia and it's bullshit laws ! I wanna run an entheogenic cacti nursery !

lol, unlucky bru, just have to come visit ours until its made illegal here to. (well... if by some miracle thats what the garden center turns out to be).

Or just all buy plane tickes to grafton or coolangatta, and make the sacred journey to Wandjina, where i assure you all your entheo cacti needs will be met and then some :D....i know mine always are whenever i go down there.

Edit: you might need to drive the hire car back, A for the legality, but B more so for the luggage allowance been over by like 40kg of cacti

Edited by 2Deep2Handle

Or just all buy plane tickes to grafton or coolangatta, and make the sacred journey to Wandjina, where i assure you all your entheo cacti needs will be met and then some :D....i know mine always are whenever i go down there.

Edit: you might need to drive the hire car back, A for the legality, but B more so for the luggage allowance been over by like 40kg of cacti

You can stay at my house on the way :) LOL

haha, that would be pretty cool, a sacred cacti road trip around AU, meeting & trading with members all over the continent from the trunk of you're car. Shame most of my holiday money is about to be spent on hiking & mountain biking in NZ :lol: yeeeew!

Only if I could smuggle back a few Pach crests I keep hearing about from over there.

• Like 1

I live in Albany, have been to "The Cactus Factory" all in all i would say they should change their name to "The Succulent Factory". They do have some interesting butterfly plants which you use to breed butterfly's, that was pretty cool other than that some good chilly plants and healthy looking fruit trees. The only cactus i saw was a tray of cactus seedlings, didn't catch the name of them. Worth a look for sure if you love your succulents.

• Like 1

:(

lol > chef

Cheers for the info MKIG :) sounds like a place worth a visit if I was in the area, but maybe not the cacti pilgrimage I was hoping for.

who wants to buy some random cacti seedling and many succulents for me? %15 going your way :P

edit- maybe that should just be pointed @ MKIG

Edited by Chef

There is a cactus nursery in WA, they are wholesale only I think but sometimes places like that will still sell to the public if you give them a call.

who wants to buy some random cacti seedling and many succulents for me? %15 going your way :P

2deep

thats not far from my house.....could you tell us more about wandjina?

Wandjina is Torstens/SAB's "Ethnobotanical Garden" you can buy the larger plants from there that you cant get from on the webstore.

I havent made the trip personaly but i know people from QLD who make trips..

Im only a stones throw away from it but havent been able to take time off work so i can do the drive >_<