The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Lactuca virosa experience

I recently started a medication that is an acetylcholine-esterase inhibitor. As soon as i started taking it I recognised the feeling as being very similar to Lactuca virosa. Infact its almost identical although longer lived.

So perhaps that is why I noticed the effects of Lactuca virosa so prominently - because I actually needed a medication to increase acetylcholine activity because of an autoimmune illness.

Lactuca virosa is reputed to contain both this inhibitor and an adenosine agonist. I think the former is more potent than the later from my experiences because the effects of a wild lettuce extract are very similar to the effects of my new medication.

Would be good for glaucoma as well.

pulled from wiki.......>

"It has been reported to promote a mild sensation of euphoria, but Lactuca virosa is poisonous,[1] and at least one fatality has occurred during an attempt to use it for intoxication"

dont know how much truth there is to this though?

They used to think it contains the same shit as henbane but they found out later it was a load. its pretty mild. It fucking grows EVERYWHERE where i live. I see it all the time now I know what to look for.

I recently started a medication that is an acetylcholine-esterase inhibitor. As soon as i started taking it I recognised the feeling as being very similar to Lactuca virosa. Infact its almost identical although longer lived.

So perhaps that is why I noticed the effects of Lactuca virosa so prominently - because I actually needed a medication to increase acetylcholine activity because of an autoimmune illness.

Lactuca virosa is reputed to contain both this inhibitor and an adenosine agonist. I think the former is more potent than the later from my experiences because the effects of a wild lettuce extract are very similar to the effects of my new medication.

Would be good for glaucoma as well.

thats very interesting zenno

surely you are aware that an AChEI is often used to diagnose this illness, so does the fact that you know you have the illness and the fact that the lactuca caused this effect prove that lactuca contains an AChEI?

i hope this post makes sense in the morning...

Edited by frank

maybe - but I read on the internet (source of all factual information) that it does.

Like your signature btw

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

slightly off topic, but i too love franks sig now that its been pointed out to me. gotta love the dwarf and season 10 comes out this year :D

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2012 at 2:11 PM, Bush Turkey said:

pulled from wiki.......>

"It has been reported to promote a mild sensation of euphoria, but Lactuca virosa is poisonous,[1] and at least one fatality has occurred during an attempt to use it for intoxication"

dont know how much truth there is to this though?

I read into that fatality they speak of years back - it was after injecting wild lettuce, funny how they left that part out.

Edited by Martyh64
  • Like 1