The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

I've got Friday free - if anyone's heading up early that I can hitch along with I'd be happy to spend some time during the day foraging for firewood & fungi for the camp. Or any other setup-type stuff

My plan is to get there early arvo on the Friday...so it would be great if someone else was there who has been there before so i know i am at the right camping spot. I'd hate to get there and get my self set up only to find i am at the wrong camp site,lol.

As for hitching, along,I am coming from Vic' Anodyne, so i'm not sure about that much of a detour. I hope there is another keen Sydney-iter who is just as keen so you can get there early-ish on the Friday :)

Not too many more sleeps to go. I hope its warmer than anticipated. Who knows, look at SA weather...anything is possible.

Edited by Amazonian

Wait. Incog, you say 11th and 12th? That's a Sunday and a Monday, isn't it?
I'm in as long as it's a weekend date.

Amaz! Can't wait to catch up!
Woot!

• Like 1

I can give give a ride to anyone but it's from western sydney , just pm me and well go from there !!

• Like 1

I am SO SO SO SOOOOOOO keen guys! I have just been informed by a friend about this. My family have been going to Oberon since 1968 picking Lactarius deliciosus and Slippery jacks to pickle in white vinegar... So amazingly amazing!

/hH Puts both hands up

-hH

P.s: The picture is of my uncle from last year. He found this Phlebopus Marginatus almost completely underground! It weighed 4.5 kilos :) Pretty cool stuff!

-hHpost-6044-0-37411500-1398760674_thumb.jp

post-6044-0-37411500-1398760674_thumb.jpg

post-6044-0-37411500-1398760674_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

So are most ppl going to attend from Friday the 9th to Sunday the 11th ??

I can give give a ride to anyone but it's from western sydney , just pm me and well go from there !!

Yeh count me in my good friend :P Bout time we meet up anyway! he he

• Like 1

For sure brother ,, haha bring ya uncle and his huge shroom !

• Like 1

Have a mad time pickin folks. Can't make it but I'll be there in spirit.

• Like 1

9-11th is the right dates, my bad, see y'all there. I think hillbilly and marcel volunteered to pm maps to the gspot for all who request them :) otherwise I can pick up, lead in from Oberon about 8.30- 9pm fro pm me and I'll supply my mob no.

• Like 1

I am not going to arrive till Saturday( hopefully early evening ), but will be staying definitely Sunday and probably Monday night if anyone else has extra time on their hands :)

anyone needs maps or my or incognitos mobile numbers please pm me.

I should arrive g spot around 8-10pm on friday night

Remember the g spot if the right hand side of the road coming from sydney to jenolan caves

I'd love to come but need a lift... Anyone passing through Newcastle on their way? I can pay for fuel and play with the radio

• Like 1

I bet everyone is going

For me in the armwrestle cos hillbilly ain't got what it takes. If you go for me I will roast you one marshmellow.

• Like 1

And give u 1 bulb.

• Like 2

I like to think of myself as the peoples champ.

• Like 1

I always back the under dog , plus when you see my mullet you'll think I'm the hillbilly haha , go hillbilly , do I still get the bulb

• Like 1

Nope.

That's fine at least u have Cheshire in my corner willing to write an ode to celebrate my victory.

If I lose it will be because of Horus sorcery that and that alone not because I am weaker than hillbilly just because of unfair sorcery.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 3

On a lighter note with this rain and chill there should be subs coming out of our bums. Just hope it's not raining while we out there have not had to contend with that yet and I only got me swag.

Edited by incognito

Nope.

That's fine at least u have Cheshire in my corner willing to write an ode to celebrate my victory.

If I lose it will be because of Horus sorcery that and that alone not because I am weaker than hillbilly just because of unfair sorcery.

....and don't forget the trophy - irrespective of the priest's biased or erratic sorcery dishings outings - winner gets the oberon groping champion's trophy to keep for the whole year! It must be relinquished(ofcourse) for the next camp's future tournament to allow new comers/contenders/dill pickles, the opportunity of p utting their hands down the front or back of someone else's unbelievably, stenchy under garments.

• Like 1

Hahaha, its gonna be cold! Winter has finally hit brisbane.

i cant get time off but i may head to the area some other weekend soon, needs minimum three days or i have to leave upon arrival. I'll let you guys test the waters for me.

So who's taking there mrs or how many females going ? My missus doesn't want to go if she's gunna be all alone up there !!

As far as I know there will only be two ladies in attendance possibly three.

That's ok aslong as there's 1or 2 lady's just so she's got company , not so she's the loner amongst all males !

Ok,

I will be there Fri morning, with a very sociable lady to keep any lonely females occupied.

Will be out foraging, will set up camp after lunch.

Look for old Holden rodeo ute with canopy.

With so many newbies interstaters and night arrivals , should we camp near the road in exactly the same spot as last year.

I reckon it is more protected and warmer than up the back of the g spot.

Might spray paint a g on the road before the turn off, what do youse reckon?

I reckon the issue on fri will be the fire, without hillbilly and the chainsaw and leaf blower, I think those arriving on fri should bring a bag of wood.

• Like 1

Ill be there friday night around 8-10pm My wife and daughter and dog is coming with me. Ill send you a map horus.

I was planning on camping up where the pits were last year. The original G spot camp.

• Like 1