The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

Also just want to say thanks again to all the people who donated for me to come! I cant thank you guys enough :)

Just popping my head in to say .... Have a great time you Oberon goers. :)

Jwerta.....your in for a treat ! . The crew you are hooking up with are a great bunch of people, you wont want to leave their company at the end. I wish was coming, even just to experience the magical fire that Horus puts on :wink:

I will be thinking of you guys and look forward to hearing all about it when yous safely return :)

• Like 2

Shame you're not coming... would have been cool to meet you amz!

Planes are fucking scary

• Like 2

It should be worth the effort Jwerta, those boys know how to party.

I wanted to come to this one but we're half way through an unwanted and unneeded bathroom renovation. There's been close to 20 different tradies (from everywhere but Australia) and their lackies all through the house and front & backyards. I'm not keen to leave them unsupervised.

We now have a pota-loo in the backyard which my 9 year old son has dubbed "The Turdis" because it looks a bit like Dr who's Tardis.

Have a good one boys I wish I could be there.

• Like 3

Hey guys.

My missus couldn't get the time off so I went up early this morning.

There are lots of Amanitas, some Slippery Jacks, Gallerinas and NO subs. I hunted for 2 hours and found none whatsoever. I checked the entire area from the camp site to the road then all the way up to the boundary. The road that heads further in, the one that people got bogged on, has been logged so that entire area is gone now.

The problem seemed to be that the entire area was under 10cm of water and was very flooded. There were also a lot of cops out there on motorbikes even in the driving rain. Luckily they were on road bikes and didn't come into the dirt roads but stopped at the entrance and had a good look.

On the way home I stopped along the Old Butter Factory road as the conditions looked better and there were hundreds of Amanitas visible from the road side. It was the same story there mushrooms wise except there was a lot more Gallerinas. That area was a lot drier also.

You guys might want to bring your own supplies this time. Hopefully I just missed them as I wasn't looking for them in particular.

Have fun out there and take some bogan rubbish home with you :)

Edited by Bread Filter
  • Like 2

Err no thanks :)

dunna scary nothin yourself jwerts. many people have said already and i'll re-iterate the point that connections and friends are forged at Oberon.

Besides, as long as you packed thispost-4664-0-14469400-1430375469_thumb.jp you'll be fine.

great group of sabbers- have fun.seeyas next year unless we have a summer border camp B)

chastity1.jpg

chastity1.jpg

• Like 2

Err no thanks :)

It looks like a tip out there now in the spot under the trees. I also found broken glass bottles in the actual forest floor.

Hopefully there will be less motorbikes out there now with the logging work they have done.

Have we settled on a new spot or are we just doing the g spot

[quote name="etherealdrifter" post="498181" timestamp="143

.seeyas next year unless we have a summer border camp B)

You mean the ACT, right?

Not sure about Oberon area, but they're predicting serious rain in some places - first peeps up there could maybe throw up a couple big tarps for group huddlin' purposes. Have fun everyone, let us know who wins the breakdancing competition - nitrous, fires, headstands, it's a recipe for awesomeness, you know that it is.

• Like 1

Oh :( that really sucks

I can do icy cold, but not wet ice cold :/

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

It will be fairly warm out there with the lowest temperature predicted being 7 degrees. That's warm for that area as I remember it getting down to 0 previously.

Heading out now in a roundabout way..

Hope someone is a rope ninja, and arriving before me!

Have one big tarp and rope so should be able achieve something with it?

And get something burning

Man im gunna die in this weather... how do you guys survive?

• Like 2

If anyone out there's still able to see this post, can you please take some photos of the amanitas out there? I've never seen them in the wild and have always been fascinated

• Like 1

I'm heading up tomorrow but here's one to tide you over fp.

post-14605-0-73990500-1430446527_thumb.j

post-14605-0-73990500-1430446527_thumb.jpg

post-14605-0-73990500-1430446527_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ill try take some pics if my phone stays charged!

• Like 1

I'll try get out by tomorrow lunchtime, see yas then I hope hillbilly is busy chopping wood.

• Like 1

Cheers guys! :D That's a beauty pic! They're just so magical all my life I've wanted to see one in the ground up close.

• Like 1