The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

Okay to save this never ending convo/discussion/argument from occurring EVERYTIME. Can u recycle empty bulbs? Are they good to go in the recycling bin? I don't think so they would let it through to the waste.

Seeing as the old cabin boy is kinda hard to get hold of these days.

He is still in therapy and his therapist said he shouldnt ever go into the forest again

bulbs are probably steel so actually one of the moderately lucrative recyclable items, i think? but before you recycle them just leave them everywhere so anytime you suddenly come to (possibly with a sensation that something has been stolen from your hands, or that you briefly and publicly spazzed out moments before going limp), you can glance at where you've been and maybe figure out your last conscious destination.

to get flour and eggs of course.

• Like 1

I will be driving straight from work on Friday night. So i think it will be about 8 or 9 by the time i get there. (Pending not getting lost) i will try and leave early if i can.

• Like 1

I'm actually thinking I will now just com on Saturday morning. ;)

What's the usual routine? I'll be heading up Saturday morning, you guys going out hunting in the afternoon or morning?

How many people are planning on coming up Saturday so I can bring enough buffalo wings?

Hm glaukus there's usually around about 15 people, and hillbilly. As for hunting that can take place at any time at all really. Usually when bulbs run out.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

just wanted to say that my heart sings this time of year... though I'm up here in the dry, dry desert my thoughts always return to oberon when things cool off. glad to see the annual pilgrimage is still taking place and glad to see many of the forefathers who went on the original camp are still going along. damn, i really, really miss that place. have a great time everyone, look after each other and the land and watch out for the gnomes, goblins and reindeers that pop up from time to time.

• Like 6

just wanted to say that my heart sings this time of year... though I'm up here in the dry, dry desert my thoughts always return to oberon when things cool off. glad to see the annual pilgrimage is still taking place and glad to see many of the forefathers who went on the original camp are still going along. damn, i really, really miss that place. have a great time everyone, look after each other and the land and watch out for the gnomes, goblins and reindeers that pop up from time to time.

When I saw your post holymountain I thought you might be joining us! Good memories are made at Oberon. :)

• Like 1

Okay to save this never ending convo/discussion/argument from occurring EVERYTIME. Can u recycle empty bulbs? Are they good to go in the recycling bin? I don't think so they would let it through to the waste.

They are made from high quality steel and are very recyclable. I used to get a scrap metal company to come and pick up my empties when I used them.

Can someone please PM me the location? I have been before but can't remember which way to turn after a certain point. I am trying to talk my missus into coming out for the day.

• Like 1

BF u have been there before where u set ur boots on Fire bud.

Would anyone use malt barley at home if I bring a sackful?

Edited by incognito

Hindmarsh

Ah, right. They had issues with beta glucan levels causing high viscosity in mash process and couldn't get it accredited for commercial brewing use. If you want to bring some along I'll see what happens to a brew and if it's ok ill send you back some bottles. How's that for a trade?

• Like 1

Incog, what sort of barley is it? I do full mash brewing at home.

bring some homebrew Glaukus! I used to full mash back when I had time.

I'm all out at the moment, my kegs ran dry on Sunday and I haven't had time or money to brew in the last few weeks...

Hindmarsh barley is what we export for malting

• Like 1

It's fine as long as you include a protein rest. Lazy aussie breweries like working with fully modified malts I guess to save using multi step mash schedules.

Ah, Bread Filter, returning to the spot where you got your name.

Yep same spot, Hillbilly is the man with the maps and directions.

Be good to catch up.

I can do a protein test if ur like- our Hindmarsh has been going to Canada all week.

I'll do a test and bring a sackful see what u can do with it I asked the boss he said it's cool as long as we get a bottle of ur product for the Christmas party. Just lemme know how much u want.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

I'll take whatever, usually use somewhere around 4-5kg for a 20 litre brew. Will happily oblige with brews for ya.

Soo.. waiting for a plane is really boring.. sooo bored

• Like 4