The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

Hey everyone!

I had an awesome time at the camp! Was lovely meeting some new peeps and catching up with some old.

Will definitely keep in contact and look forward to many more meets in the upcoming years :)

Huge respect for the Melbournites! Us NSW folk will have to make a trip down there sometime.

Thanks for the nice conversations, sharing of experiences, opening up and general goods vibes we all shared. I still find it amazing that spending a weekend with some of the people I've met through this world can make it seem like you've known each other for years.

All the best,

J.

• Like 3

You are beautiful, Justler :)

• Like 2

Sorry again halfhead...

• Like 1

We left by 11:56pm :P that was the time when I sat in the car.

Anyway I'm over it. Disappointed but over it. I love you all, even you dean, and am keen for more learning in the field!

Don't be sorry Toby :) it was my bad! I should have used my halfhead!!

Heading back in tomorrow. I'm gonna be in he areabo I figured I'd check it out. What r my chances you think?

dont think there has been much rain out there so it will be slim picking. After a couple of days rain or even good dew then its usually on

When's the next meet ?? maybe a camp out up the watagan mountains closer to Newcastle would be fun , it's a beautiful place and a good reason to meet up again

Jeez Louise dean I'm still recovering from the last one ! ;) I'd b up for another weekend at Oberon once it's rained. Meant to piss down this weekend here

Edit- actually I'm out for camping until next year I gots way to much on, in sure there's plenty of Newcastle members that would love a camp up at the watagans!

Edited by incognito

They all died out when it turned 2012 ur safe

Don't forget the drop bears hillbilly ! Haha

No he's actually had a yowie experience there I believe he not taking the piss.

Maybe so I have been chased on my MX bike buy a naked man with an axe when I was a teenager so anythings possible in The watagan's !!

• Like 2

I think there is a really good thread about this...

*strangest things you have ever seen or something*

Biggest moment for me at Oberon asides from my big wig out was the stinging nettle pollination. From what I can find on the bet stinging nettles are supposed to be pollinated by insects. That certainly did not seem to be the case there- seemed like the flower buds would burst open under pressure and able to direct the pollen quite specifically to another plants flower. 'Twas a special moment for me haha

^ I concur... watching that nettle explode and disperse clouds of pollen was a treat to see. It seemed to be directed at other nettle flower heads almost with precision. It was like nature was putting on a bit of a show for us,lol.

This snippet is from the internet...

'The reddish-brown to greenish-white flowers have no petals, and are found in dangling clusters at junction of stems and leaves, and are dioecious (individual flowers are either male or female, but only one sex is to be found on any one plant). The plant is wind-pollinated. Most nettle species flower in midsummer and autumn, from April to October. The pollination mechanism is unusual: When the sun shines on the curly young flowers, the filaments become taut and eventually shoot up so quickly that the pollen is released in a puff of smoke. The small green seeds ripen from June to October'

Also...a bit from youtube.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx9Miggt228

dont think there has been much rain out there so it will be slim picking. After a couple of days rain or even good dew then its usually on

Wasn't too bad :) we didn't have much time cos we were just traveling thru but we found about 50 in 1 area. Hunted for an hour with NOTHING then BOOOOOM a massive mound of pine trees had a good 150 subs on it, mostly dead so I left those and took the purty ones :) made for a very good night :P

They won't be there much longer will they? I'm keen for cube season! Yet to hunt them, keeeen!

Mate that place would be ON now after that rain.

All I want to say is I cannot believe you let HB beat you incognito! After all that smack talk as well!!! hahaha

Yeah well what can I say. I wasn't at the peak of my powers ;)

My arm was busted for a fortnight after though.

I'll rise again :)

• Like 1

I would like to have seen ur piss test I think u where on copious amounts of performance enhancing drugs

• Like 1

i don't reckon arm wrestles are fair. there is probably some reasons to do with the shape of your bones (eg how the joint works) and where the muscles are attached. there is massive variation in that kind of thing.

my memory is a bit sketchy but incog has a kind of nuggetty quality, like the product of generations of selective breeding on a slave farm so that it only takes two or three of him to tackle a polynesian, something like that, and you can tell from his voice that he can do farm things, he can do farm stuff good, and probably kick a wild pigs head in, just by looking at it. like croc dundee can do to the water buffalo. yeah, all that stuff is accurate.

hb, you are from england. you hear an injured wallaby crying for its mum and suddenly it was a yeti, with bees that shot out of its mouth, and i saw how you screamed when a cricket touched your boot and i'm sorry, but i don't buy that an englishmen bested an actual australian man, in a masculine feat of any description.

• Like 6