The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

Why don't u just put some ribbons or some balloons on the signpost at gspot entry.

I'll be coming through lithgow about 8pm for any stragglers who need a lift.

I'm about 2hrs west of Oberon and let me tell you it is FREEZING here at the moment. Pack accordingly.

Hillbilly and I will be bunging on a beef and pork roast and will bring plenty of buns so that covers two feeds for the carnivores as well as plenty of bacon to fry up with the lactarius.

Really lookin forward to it I can't wait I guess like col said everyone should bring firewood and as many bulbs as they can carry.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

Ok, camping in the pits, near the pixie forest it is.

• Like 2

Anyone after a map pm hillbilly

I'm bringing my friend, Mr Always-The-Guy-To-Have-With-You-When-Camping and he's always got wood chop tool-age and blowers and all the rest of it. That said, when we camped out there a few weeks ago it was all pretty damp which makes for an annoyingly smoky fire. All the more annoying when you're trying to get as close as possible to the fire to not freeze your ass off.

I'm super excited! I'll bring lollies and chocolates and sweet stuff.

• Like 3

I can't wait either can my wifey , both very excited I'm bringing two hitchhikers which I'll tell me the way I hope

With us as your guides, no harm will befall you!

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 1

Ah!! Great that you have organised a lift !!

Great stuff Dean.

Exciting to have confirmation of Marcel And I think I know who most welcome friend.

Looking like a excellent crew.

• Like 1

Hah yes, hitching fun times again! Thankyou Mr & Mrs Dean! We're buying a car next month though, so this might be the last time. It's actually a little bit sad. Next thing you know we'll have jobs and mortgages and be mistaken for some kind of responsible adults. In poor lighting conditions anyway. And we'd probably have to lose the animal hats. Um.

This is looking like a good crowd, really look forward to seeing everyone!

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 3

Jobs and mortgages Defo ain't all rainbows and Cumquatz

Had everyone got enough bulbs

just so you guys are aware. It does get cold enough to die out there. Dont underestimate how much clothes and blankets you will need

• Like 1

Ah yeah arthritic knees locking up up already , but I don't care , this is reminding me of school camp as kids and it's just as exciting !! Is someone bringing music ???

Unless you want to be stuck with the option of me reciting bushranger poems, Marcel post modern beatnik, and Cheshire improvised surrealist prose, and all us space cadets putting the spook on Hillbilly with our Tibetan singing bowls ,somebody better get the music set up,

• Like 1

Someone has to take a guitar and demand that Horus plays it. Don't take no for an answer.

Let that boy boogie woogie, it's in him & it's just got to come out.

I think we could just make music with the sound of bulberators, a bulberator icaros.

Everyone start buying every bulb they see.

• Like 1

No problemo

Some of you may already know, but I am a video artist. I'm currently preparing for a short (<2 min) video for an exhibition later in the year. What it requires is a biggish bunch of people to pass a short bit of wood around a circle, and finally into a fire. Each person looks at the camera for about 10 seconds before the camera and the wood move on to the next person. Nothing weird. Nothing incriminating. No lines to learn. There'll be a text added over the top in post-production. I'll probably be shooting at the Oberon camp on the Saturday afternoon.
Please let me know if you're interested in being in the video!

• Like 2

Who wouldn't want to be a profound wood contemplator and passer.

Becoming a piece of art .

As long as dilated pupils are acceptable.

Old mate Cheshire is already an avant gard screen thingy person.

• Like 1

Can we pass the wood having bulbs

• Like 1

I spent pretty much all day contemplating some sticks last week. They were good sticks. Ten seconds seems insufficient. I hope you don't need to record sound, I can just imagine how that goes...

"dude, time's up"

"huh?"

"your ten seconds is up, pass the stick to the next person"

"hang on a sec, I haven't finished looking at it yet"

"c'mon man, we're filming here, pass it along"

"I just want to have one more nang and look at it again...*tschhh*..."

"ok? Ready to pass it on now?"

"NO IT'S MY STICK! FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!" (runs off into the forest clutching stick)

• Like 6

Not sure if ill be able to make Oberon bulb camp this year, still need a lift from newcastle. If anyone else from newy going?