The Corroboree
incognito

Oberon sub zero camp

My balls froze OFF my first trip , it was even closer to winter. I literally thought I was gonna die.

It probably won't come as a surprise to some of you but I won't be able to make it. :P

I have a 'complicated' home situation at the moment which keeps me at home.

I was really looking forward to getting away for a few days and recharging in the company of some good SAB people.

Earlier in this discussion there was a suggestion of a 2nd camping trip. I may be able to make that one if it goes ahead.

Mr Sunrise are you still coming..

Yeah should be coming. Can't see why not at this point as long as I have all my uni work up to date by them.

Amulte just moved around the corner from me so will try get him on board to bring some old member blood into the mix.

In regards to the cold I personally don't think its as bad as made out as long as there is a good fire. Incognito mentioned the first camp being very cold (enough for a bowl of chop to freeze solid overnight lol), which was true but I haven't experienced those temperatures camping there since, especially this early into autumn.

Best to be prepared anyway though, especially if its wet which is very likely given recent conditions.

Season is def underway with mate's first finds beginning of month.

Looking forward to gettin up there soon.

Well a 1k walk with all our stuff doesent sound like the relaxing weekend I was expecting,there are plenty of great spots where we can set up next to our cars.

And what about people like incognito who may need to find us in the middle of the night.

Even to get to that spot we were at last year could be too hectic for 2wd cars if it has been wet.

As long as we can have a good fire and the company is good it doesent matter too much about the location.

Its just good to be in that forest with all that myc.

It just should be easy to find and get to. If it pisses down rain we should have quick access to our cars and a bog free exit route.

Set and setting.....important to be as worry free as possible.

Sun morn we can pile in any 4wds and have a look out the backblocks.

Or the fishing people can trek to the dam on Sun.

• Like 2

Indigo: Yep this weekend, the 24th/25th.

Col: I'm inclined to side with you here, but I'm the new kid on the block and, really, I'm open to anything people are happy with.

watertrade: I'm gutted man. We must meet soon. Soon!

You'll be missed Watertrade.

I have a fuck load of uni work to do this week but if I put in the effort in the next few days it should be all good.

Alrighty... I might need to inquire later about lift scabbing from Sydney later this week, depending on whether a couple of my mates which have joined previous camps end up coming and thus driving me.

I'm told the area at the moment is much wetter than previous years from my mate who was up there yesterday i.e. massive pools and also streams where there never used to be. Gumboots and Aeroguard are essentials for the leeches when picking.

Subs aren't overaly abundant yet but it's still really early. There will at least be enough around to feed the troops. Plenty of edibles though.

Would love to come along. Trying to reschedule a few things.

Not too keen on having to walk in but if I manage to make it will go along with whatever.

I say nay to the walk in as well. Peeps will need them for keeping gear dry if the weather isn't wonderful I've found out there, and wet tracks probably will end up being problematic with 2wd cars.

Last year I did 3 nights in shit weather with a few friends at the g-spot. Had a heaps good setup of tarps and the cars next to tents were a must. We had to end up bailing to a cabin for a 4th night because we forgot to keep firewood in the car and it got too difficult to start a new fire morning after the 3rd night. With the fire not happening the elements start feeling pretty shit pretty quickly.

Just checked weatherzone. Looks like very little chance of rain. Also looks fucking cold.

Doooooodz. Let us decide! The weekend is nearly upon us!

I know the area ok, but I've never camped there, especially not with you crazy fuckers, so I have nothing much to propose. Shall we meet in a convoy on Saturday morning and drive around together looking for a spot? And then PM the directions to people once we have a camp site?

At this point, rain shouldn't be a problem, but the cold will be a little. (Saturday top of 14 and low of 1 freakin degree!) I'm happy to have to do a trek to Toby's camp site, but I'd rather a spot where I could sleep in my van. Others seem to prefer car access too. Does anyone know the campfire restrictions for state forests in the Jeno/Oberon area? If it's more-or-less open in that regard, why don't we just go off one of the numerous side rides from Boggy Creek Rd?

And why not this infamous G Spot? Sounds like a good enough spot, no?

G spot is good enough for me.

I'd prefer to be near car too.

Can anyone put up a google map with the gzone?

• Like 1

Yeah g spot is ok with me

It is easy to find and means stragglers won't get left behind,and Incog can find in the night.

Prolly only drawback is firewood can be scarce.

Toby, I will be there round 8 am sat which is when u are due . We can scout out the best spot and have a nice cup of tea. So even if we are out the back blocks exploring, people can suss out the camp. Weather reports look favorable, bringing a bag of firewood each wouldn't hurt, see you all there , it is something I look forward to each year. grow ye subs grow

Edited by colhawk
  • Like 1

I may not be able to make it unfortunately... I'm feeling pretty weighed down with uni work, I have to go to a prac on campus tomorrow arvo and I also haven't been able to organise a ride as of yet.

Anybody with a spare seat from Sydney heading up in the late afternoon or early evening, or better yet heading up on saturday for the one night, please send me a PM.

Hey guys, some of you that went out last year. That was not the G spot. That is the uberzone!

They're on different sides of the main road. So it is prolly a good idea that everyone know where they are going.

I would suggest the uberzone over G spot. It it a little more picturesque and the roads are still easy in a 2wd car. Just dont drive off the road, ask incog to tell you the story LOL

Would be good if once decided someone would pm me the location. I will try to make it out for a day if i can, although that looks a pretty grim prospect at the moment.

• Like 1

Highly unlikely i can make it either.

As a suggestion maybe you should just PM the map around. You never know who is watching.......

Which is more secluded Hillbilly?

I would say the uberzone, it has alot less trailbike riders over that side. And you have old growth native forest one side and pine plantation the other side.

Me and a mate are in!

Could someone please send me a pm with the final details once decided? I am happy to camp anywhere, trek anywhere, for as long as required. Most importantly though, I just need to know where.

Also, I am going to bring some cultures of edibles and some extra plates to subculture interesting fungi that we find. Esp Omphalotus nidiformis or Ramaria.

Hillbilly mat chance u could get a google map to uberzone for the kiddies buddy old' pal?

Ive officially hit the weekend free. Will head up early sat morning.

• Like 1

Uberzone sounds good to me! Let's start PMing directions/maps!

Hillbilly mat chance u could get a google map to uberzone for the kiddies buddy old' pal?

Ive officially hit the weekend free. Will head up early sat morning.

lol.

kiddies buddy

, ura farkin riot ingog.

have fung hibuddies

Pleaaaase hillbillyyyyyyyy

I have to stress guys, last time i went out to the G spot the place was littered with nangs and other rubbish that would have not been left by trail bike riders.

Respect the place, if there is rubbish there already take all of it home with you. It does not do the mushroom pickers cause any merit to leave sites messed up for rangers to find.

I am finding it hard to pinpoint the exact uberzone on google earth so i will pm the link to a few guys for a second opinion.