The Corroboree
whisperz

Lophophora Jourdaniana (Extremely RARE) $No Longer for sale

Such a shame this thread had to degenerate to this....

Such a beautiful specimen, and i can understand why EG was asking about it.

Whisperz you are hands down one of the best cheapest loph movers around, but none of that means anything if you are rude and not a pleasure to deal with. EG was simply asking more about it, as im sure we are all interested in this almost columar version of jourdiana. It looks like that boobie plant. Monstrose Myrtillocactus geometrizans, but def looks like loph view from above and the pups.

Anyone got more on columar lophos?

For what it's worth I have seen the very same clone in a private collection, it is definitely a jourdaniana (variegated) some of you may remember years ago I posted a pic of the same clone but had to remove those images at the request of the owner of the plant. I think I know why questions of source and history of the clone caused issues but I won't go into that .....

• Like 3

Regardless of the sensitivity of the information regarding where this clone came from (sounds like we're talking about heisted Picassos alright), the hostility with which whisperz responded immediately with is the real issue. It's probably par for the course when trading Pokemon cards, but we're informed adults trading plants - it's completely ridiculous to respond in such a manner to a reasonable request for more information (especially photographs).

There's a responsibility that all sellers have when selling wares, and I think whisperz is out of touch with it.

Anyone got more on columar lophos?

I'd post up pics of some of mine, but its gonna cost ya $815 to look at them.

Seeds are cheaper though :wink:

http://www.shaman-au...item&item_id=25

the hostility with which whisperz responded immediately with is the real issue.

damned judgmental dontcha think considering the post he was responding to was edited prior to you and most respondents reading it.

I'm not defending anybody's actions, but its a pretty shitty deal when a percentage of posts are edited after the fact, and to suggest they were edited for spelling is BS, as if the speel cheker is brokin er sumpthin.

Yes, it does have a variegated tendency,...

post-1423-0-41897800-1328845763_thumb.jp

Guys,... The hostility came at me first, when EG stated in his 'original unedited post', that it was not a jourdaniana...

He then decided to get definitive evidence, to please himself,... by changing and softening his original post,..

I have provided a reference link to help my case, and then EG refused to believe himself to be wrong... I was offering a sale here..

but his post threw that out the door immediately... people came to his defence instead, without seeing his original post...

and blamed me for being rude.

He was the rude one, damaging a sale.. so I politely told him it was not worth an explaination... the can of worms then opened...

So what I don't have a flower picture, it does not flower easily, and I have missed opportunities... he can see the flower from

the link provided. But he grumbles at it... notice how anyone who supports me, or information relating to the jourd, that helps me,

people have instead focused on my attitude because they say, it's me being rude... yah right...

This jourd is now not for sale...

whisperz,...

post-1423-0-41897800-1328845763_thumb.jpg

post-1423-0-41897800-1328845763_thumb.jpg

damned judgmental dontcha think considering the post he was responding to was edited prior to you and most respondents reading it.

Then wouldn't it be logical to edit his words too? Words are only carved in stone if they are.

Edit:

So what I don't have a flower picture, it does not flower easily, and I have missed opportunities...

Then it would have been nice to say so. Also, I think you're missing the point of why a flower picture might be asked for in the first place. The point is that it can evaluate your Lophophora against voucher photographs. The point is not to look the flower of a voucher specimen and then extrapolate that flower to what yours must have.

I thank you for responding back in the thread and taking the effort of posting a photo of the variegation - that's much appreciated by me and probably everyone else. :)

I hope that this discussion does not permanently sour anyone's reputation of anyone else and that we can all move forward.

Edited by βluntmuffin

This is a damn shame..... probably no need to comment more

except I would actually like to add that my dealing with whisperz have been quite pleasent

I find him not to be rude maybe just a tad short and to the point....

I don't see it as a problem considering the delicate plants he trades and the laws regarding them

thats just me though

hope you change your mind in the future about supplying lophs your specimens are wonderful!

peace

Zelly. I know what he means when he cries about me weakening up the content and its ridiculous that you fall for it. I stil remember because i initially replied two sentences: "But you are. And i think it does."

Post 9. That was the Original post he´s referring to when he speaks about weakening content. Then i felt like, alright screw it, willing to leave the thread for good and added one fucking sentence: GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE because i didnt feel like talking with someone so rude again and was about to leave the thread. And i posted this sentence two or three times afterwards again because i didnt want to be bothered with his rude comments. You know, i cant believe you´d even think that i would change the content backwards. You should know better. Almost every Edit i make is because of spelling and i told that numerous times. I dont even know why i need to defend myself for that. Im a foreigner, so i deserve the edits. ;) bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

And about the first reply to him: I pretty much remember what i did there too. I ADDED THE WORD COLUMNAR TO THE SENTENCE "LOPHS USUALLY DONT GROW COLUMNAR LIKE THAT!" And that should be it. Just look at the posting time and the editing time. Thats just five minutes. He´s simply trying to lie himself out the situation and im shocked to see that some fall for it. Will not respond to his comments anymore because he´s not my class. bye Eg

• Like 1

Thankyou Jack....this is exactly the kind of info from another respected loph trader that a thread with such a high value and rare specimen needs to make everyone feel more comfortable about it.

• Like 1

this is ringing bells of a previous member here, one that had an awsome loph collection, one that saw members here as mearly cash cows and not valued customers. This is all very deja vu ish

Naja I know what u refer to but whispers is definitely not the same person I can guarantee that.

This talk of bags of money is quite gross. I personally wouldn't buy a chuppa chup from u with that attitude. These are sacred cacti for gods sake.

• Like 3

whisperz, if you ever feel a post is inappropriate then use the report button. even if the mods/admin don't act on it, at least it draws attention to the situation. Most importantly, when clicking the report button a permanent copy of the original post is stored for the mods to refer to. That way it is easy to show what was edited. When reporting you get to make a comment with the report. so if the main purpose is to have a copy stored then just mention this in the comment.

naja - whisperz is definitely not the one I think you are thinking of. I am keeping an eye out for that turd. Somehow I don't think we'll be seeing him again unless he has a sudden desire to lose his job.

Thunderideal - I wasn't backing EG. I think he should have walked away from this as soon as it started and should not have brought the mod status into it. I discussed this with him before I posted here. But that doesn't change how I feel about the rest of it. I had hoped whisperz just had a bad day and would have dropped his policy of collective punishment after some reflection. Everyone makes mistakes and as CT said it would have been nice to move forward from this. I don't see that happening though because the core problem of this thread [ie the collective punishment] still stands. While I feel sorry for those who might bemissing out on some lophs [and I am not even talking about this jourdiana as that obviously has some baggage], I feel MUCH more sorry for whisperz for having that mindset.

Psylo - that botanist sentence caught me out at first read too, but one of the following posts says something that made me go back and then I realised it was sarcasm. There is no doubt about it if read properly, but somehow it was a little difficult to see at first glance.

• Like 3

that botanist sentence caught me out at first read too, but one of the following posts says something that made me go back and then I realised it was sarcasm. There is no doubt about it if read properly, but somehow it was a little difficult to see at first glance.

I read it wrong too the first time. It came across as a statement as there was no question mark. And our brains unjumbled it wrong. Like this:

01022012053055-wrong.jpg

Edited by Alice

Somehow I don't think we'll be seeing him again unless he has a sudden desire to lose his job.

T for Trollinator

i wasn't specifically referring to you getting EG's back, T. i just felt like mentioning that for good or bad there IS a tendancy here for more than one or two people to jump to a member's aid, especially when that member is a big trader or a mod. that's fine i guess, but it's also fine to let people fight their own battles and in this particular case i think that whisperz could have kept some more cool if he was responding solely to EG rather than getting bashed from all angles.

• Like 3

Zelly, hope those jourds get here :)

Will be lovely to get those to add to my current collection of 4 jourd varieties...

Where the hell are you whisperz????

Here's the latest tracking info................

Missed delivery - Scheduled for another delivery attempt today

Feb-13-12, 08:11 AM

Arrival at Post Office

Feb-13-12, 06:45 AM

Arrival at Post Office

Feb-13-12, 04:42 AM

Arrival at Post Office

Feb-12-12, 21:20 PM

Customs clearance processing complete

Feb-11-12,

• Like 1

whisperz better check his mail or he's gonna miss those jourds haha

quick whisperz i want some :)

and wat the hell

"Customs clearance processing complete"

damn your good zelly are you magic haha :)