The Corroboree
whisperz

Lophophora Jourdaniana (Extremely RARE) $No Longer for sale

I dont understand the smart alick attitude? "hehehe" wtf if u dont want to sell to people who are asking questions.. I dont get it? Im over this thread

ive heard on more than one occasion of people who tried obtaining L.jourd and who got something else entirely here in oz ,so a few questions shouldnt come as a surprise. Lester meyers should have em if you know where he is and i bet his prices arent as ridiculous lol

Hahahaha wow...this is heaps funny. It's like being back in primary school.

Whisperz, i think your being totally childish and try to punish the people here for me asking totally normal questions. But you know, its your decision. And its your loss as well. The cactus section of SAB is going to be one hell of a place when it comes to intergeneric breeding and im sure you will regret leaving here sooner or later. I have nothing against you and thats just the type of questions that you need to expect in the upper price range. I wasnt trying to break your balls or anything. Just think you may have a matucana hybrid of some sort that you are unaware of and wanted to get to the bottom of it. I wish you luck with your breedings.

Edited by Evil Genius

Lol another golden thread, these are getting more frequent too :BANGHEAD2:

Thanks for the laughs whisperz, you trippa.

What the fuck happened here.

Any of us that have been around for a while have seen this sort of clashes when to knowledgeable cacti collectors bang heads. Most of the times things work them self out either they agree to disagree or they grunt at each other from the other side of the net.

It makes me sad to see threads like this that end this way. What concerns me the most is the prodding that was done by the other posters in this thread I can understand people sticking up for the mods and for the forum as a whole but this was something else it’s like being in the school yard and egging on a couple of guys to fight. If you keep prodding you might see a punch thrown.

Cheers

Got

• Like 2

questioning whispers, a known and trusted loph cultivator i felt was quite disrespectful, and can see why he/she put up a defensive wall instead of writing a pages bio on the cactus.

if you yourself cannot afford a prized cactus, that just means its too expensive for YOU.

im pretty upset to see this bickering with whispers. the last lophs i got from him/her were the best in my collection! Now i won't have that opportunity anymore... was the posts in this thread worth that? really?

• Like 1

you guys are sad... my business has gone elsewhere... you all seemed to over look the jourdaniana for what it is, and what it's worth...

you'll never see this loph again... ever,... pitiful...

who are you referring to here when you say 'you guys' ? there is five & a half thousand members in this forum...

people aren't overlooking anything, just asking simple questions about a product you are selling for a large sum of money. i'm sorry you have some issues, whatever they are... really i am, i know how hard it can be to deal with things sometimes & i wish you luck! i truly do.

& i'm sure there really is someone here who feels tremendously disappointed they can't buy your plants any more because you have some issues & want to vent through the internet.. well i'm not sure but i do hope so... but if that doesn't help i'm happy to give you a hug if you need it.. seriously, if you need a hug i'm here! yeah, i may be taking the piss because you're being such a huge tool but i'm actually completely serious!

how many responders in this thread are genuinely interested because of potentially purchasing?

i'd say zero! the only reason for the responding was to stroke your own ego's...

questioning whispers, a known and trusted loph cultivator i felt was quite disrespectful, and can see why he/she put up a defensive wall instead of writing a pages bio on the cactus.

they were just questions... about something someone was possibly going to spend money on, get over it...

i don't see how this is a clash, whispersz could have very simple have answered the questions in a civilized & diplomatic way instead of being so immature.

i feel compelled to comment when people are needlessly being tools.. largely internet forums are ego stroking intruments, thats just the way it is i guess, but ego or not people also feel compelled to comment when people are behaving like morons

and i felt compelled to speak up about the "sheep" following along, trying to gang up and belittle someone because they are not bending over and feeding you information.

as a buyer, its your responsibility to research and KNOW what your buying. would you really believe what a seller says anyway? wouldn't you want to research it yourself?

as a seller, its not his/her responsibility to educate you. that would be a privilege not a mandatory event. and acting like this, you loose your privileges... i seriously don't see why everyone is so upset at whispers? jealousy perhaps because he/she has awesome cacti that sell for decent cash?

• Like 1

who is following what? if you're talking about the mods on this forum & internet forum politics then you're barking up the wrong tree.. who is ganging up? 3 or 4 people commented on the fact that whispersz was being pretty immature about how he dealt with a potential customer asking what to me seemed like legitimate questions.. wouldn't the first line of inquiry about a product be throught the person who is selling it? & if you wouldn't believe what a trusted (your word) seller says then who should you trust?

i personally think that if you spent close to $1000 on something without asking a lot of questions then you're a dumb fuck & the fact that people like you believe it's a 'privilage' to be able to ask simple questions about something they only have a few photos to go off is why capitalism as we know it is so profoundly flawed & is a blatant symbol of how stupid humanity has become

• Like 1

C_T, i was treating whisperz with the upmost respect and i can expect the same. I was genuinely interested in what it is and what not and if you have a problem with that, i cant help you. I would also have no problem with him not answering my questions at all but you cant expect me to shut up when i think he´s selling a matucana as an 850 dollar lophophora. You simply cant and i dont let you blame me for him acting like a child and not doing business with people here again. And i certainly dont let him treat me like a piece of shit for asking more about its origins. I would have expected more of you than this. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

the conversation between whispers and EG is just what happens on forums sometimes, this i didn't have a problem with.

but for another 3 members to gang up and try to dig a boot in while this was going on was what i was referring to (And obviously have no intention of ever buying any cacti, i'll bet they don't even visit the SAB store). its a private sellers thread, not the bitches and gripes section...

• Like 4

Yes this thread is sad, and that is why people feel inclined to give their 2 sents.

I don't agree with you C_T. In this case the privilege is being able to use this platform to "offer" and make some profit.

Even if it only costed 80$, answering a question seems only natural.

I mean, I see people in this forum "offering" stuff and providing more info than the present case.

If this specien doesn't deserve a page bio, then it might not be worth the price. If it deserves one, then it should be provided to the buyer or potential one indeed. If there's no info, then I don't see why all the fuss, there's no info. It's a matter of genuine interest and good faith, no need for negative reactions.

• Like 1

Let me say this again, it was not my intention to ruin his sale thread and i honestly think that most people had problems with HOW he phrased his sentences. You know, when its about cacti there is no ultimate truth sometimes and i wasnt even expecting that. All i wanted was to learn more about the plant because i knew that Matucana Polzii looks very similar. It could have easily been a hybrid between a matucana and a lophophora so i felt like asking and i dont think there´s anything bad to say about that. Honestly, i didnt expect to get a reply like this at all. If you are in doubt about how similar they are, please compare the two links i posted. They are very similar. Thats all i can say about the discussion i had with him. I was surprised how he reacted and quite honestly, i felt that i was the one who was treated disrespectful. I think i should also add that i constantly run into people who think that they have a great lophophora hybrid while they just spent a fortune on a lookalike Turbinicarpus, Matucana or even Echinocereus. And if i´d buy something like this for a lot of money, i want to be sure i buy the real deal. Thats all.

as a buyer, its your responsibility to research and KNOW what your buying. would you really believe what a seller says anyway? wouldn't you want to research it yourself?

as a seller, its not his/her responsibility to educate you. that would be a privilege not a mandatory event. and acting like this, you loose your privileges... i seriously don't see why everyone is so upset at whispers? jealousy perhaps because he/she has awesome cacti that sell for decent cash?

Interesting business model ;) So any well known grower should be beyond questions? Wow, that goes so totally against what thee forums are about.

I don't know if EG's questions were wrong or silly because I don't know enough about Lophs to ascertain this, but I know he knows Koehres quite well who is a world authority on Lophs, so I can't imagine his questions being too out there. I find whisperz attitude to the whole situation quite bizarre. I kept my neutrality as far as the clash of egos, but at the point of collective punishment there is just no comeback. Plants are never worth putting up with that sort of attitude. I don't know whisperz and I don't think I've had any dealings with him, but after this display of character i'd say good riddance. Just imagine if you ever had a transaction with this guy and it went wrong - this is a taste of what you'd get.

• Like 1

too much ego here... where's the slice of humble gone?

not worth my effort explaining further.

too much ego here... where's the slice of humble gone?

not worth my effort explaining further.

I don't get it C_T.. it seems to me like EG and T have been very reasonable, and that whisperz is acting like a prima donna?

Maybe you are just annoyed because you lost an opportunity to get more cool cacti? I would blame whisperz immaturity for that.

• Like 1

I accept i over-reacted, and admit it wasn't the best thing to voice my opinion so strongly. Alot of people over-reacted... being able to put it aside and move on is better than pointing fingers and judging someone, putting them down, from a post on an internet forum.

• Like 5

I accept i over-reacted, and admit it wasn't the best thing to voice my opinion so strongly. Alot of people over-reacted... being able to put it aside and move on is better than pointing fingers and judging someone, putting them down, from a post on an internet forum.

I agree. Nothing good came from this thread and personally, i think it would have been best to ignore whisperz posts completely. Im sorry for anyone else who would have wanted to buy some of his lophs. I only tried to talk to him about the plant without having any hidden agendas and if i´d known how he´s going to react, i would have saved myself the trouble. I dont need to be right all the time and i dont feel like going to war over something stupid like an ID. I like crossing cacti and i like to hear stories about it because there arent that many growers out there and thats where i was coming from. Will leave the topic behind now because i dont think any posts will make it better. Would also appreciate if others would do the same because its not worth arguing about something trivial like that. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

am I certified botanist

I read this as one would when understanding English used in its correct form. You are a botanist. I was genuinely impressed actually.

sigh,... who ever said I was a botanist?... I know I didn't...

Now, however, I am confused. You are not a botanist ? Did someone hijack you username earlier ?

To lump all forum members together just because you have issue with EG (and the subsequent posters who think you are being a DICKHEAD) is unfair. To retract your regular lophs from sale is also a bit silly (unless you sold them)

Oh and who ever said you were a dickhead?... I know I didn't...

• Like 3

"am I certified botanist with a heritage paper trail full of authenticity at each step... yah right..."

reasonably clear to me that he is saying that he is not a botanist with a heritage paper trail.

oh well. some cool detachment from both parties might have helped here. i agree with CT about the "prods", i didn't think it was necessary to kick a man while he's down and/or further inflame a situation. EG doesn't need people taking his back at every turn.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

I sell lophs for a living

the older it gets with the pups left on the more it's worth...

Or even divided, I still make money in the long run...

lost the cheapest and most quality loph seller here...

Some friendly advice to you whisperz: Alienating your customer base will lead to your profitable industry grinding to a halt. Seeing as you're all about the sweet cash, then you should probably take heed. I think you've also confused "you guys lost a seller" with "I've self-destructed my customer base", a common mistake. Good luck with future sales (you're gonna need it bahahahaha).