The Corroboree
Chef

What fertiliser do you use?

does anyone know if you can still but OR90 ? that stuff was awesome

I use a gardening spade scoop of worm casting mixed into my watering can. Swish it around till it's no longer solid, water in.

• Like 1

I just pee straight on. Just don't overdo it. Less is more

I just pee straight on. Just don't overdo it. Less is more

Not as straight forward for a woman though.

I find peeing on plants disrespectful. .Also, it is quite gross when you are weeding around the trunk of your lemon tree, wondering why it is so wet on such a warm day.... only to realize it has been recently peed on.

• Like 2

Disrespectful? So dousing them in rotten fish, chook shit or whatever ... Errrr this is crazy talk. Per contains urea and other trace elements, which guess what, plants love. It's also free. When I was a stinking unwashed hippy I believed that it tightened the bond between myself and my plants, like I was giving from my own body. I'm a lot more rational these days and what I understand is the plants are thriving from the doses of urea. Urea is however toxic in anything much more than a md dose. So, like I said, less is more. I never asked anyone to do it, just saying I do it, have done for yrs, Neva lost a single plant from it.

The way i see its is that you are just relieving yourself of body waste on a sacred plant. Its kind of like a dog marking its territory in order to dominate an area. But if you truly believe in your your heart that you are giving your plant a gift, then it may work. I dunno, just my perspective..... a woman's perspective on on it.

I am aware that citrus trees like acidic soil , but i am not too keen on touching someone else's pee.

I have heard,( now this my be fact or fiction) some non-Australian gardeners, and i wont mention which nationality as i don't want to be accused of being the big 'R' , but this nationality encourages their kids to defecate in the vegetable garden. I have changed many a nappy, and am quite familiar with shite, (not saying i am a shite connoisseur), but i couldn't bite into, lets say, a tomato, with that thought in my head. I know manure equals plant food, but i draw the line at human faeces. :puke:

amz as a woman you could always pee into a bucket and use that to fert your plants :P

I heard celery works well too :D

also about the shit thing... i'm not sure carnivores would be good for that, grain and green eating herbivores are good but i wouldn't trust the amount of shit that ends up in our food going into the soil.

urine having plant macronutrient percentages (i.e. NPK) of approximately 11-1-2 by one study[20] or 15-1-2 by another report,[21]

Flushing your piss down the toilet is a huge waste of the limited amount of available phosphates on our plantet. Once the fertilisers run out this world will have a food shortage like we've never seen... then we'll be farming our own urine for phosphates so we can grow food again, yum!

Amz I got the solution for you

gogirl-female-urination-device.jpg

Now go outside and piss like a man!!!! :P

Edited by Jonstn

:o what the fuck is that thing!? ^^

:o what the fuck is that thing!? ^^

its like a detachable penis for women

I mainly use worm juice, doesnt burn the plants, I control what the worms eat, never ending supply, doesnt burn the roots. I use it very dilute on my lophs and give it straight to the trichs.

Sometimes I use charlie carp, but I use seasol for repotting or transplanting.

I use my wee on the garden.

• Like 1

Amz I got the solution for you

a>

Now go outside and piss like a man!!!! :P

Well, at least its pink ! :)

• Like 1

Looks like a good hat!!!

I used to pee on some of my cacti in times of abundant rain, but alas most of my cacti are on my deck and it did get pretty smelly. I was pretty lazy back then, not to mention unsanitary haha

EDIT: I didn't notice any big difference in growth etc. by the way. Though it certainly didn't seem to bother them. Oh and...I have been getting into using worm juice a bit lately on my trichos etc. I use a slow release fert with a lower N ratio for my rarer cacti, used to use MiracleGro on everything, but can't seem to find the stuff these days

Edited by tonic

hahahahaha u are a strong woman amz!! ++ to u :P

I also give my hair and nails and skin flakes to my worms as food which makes me into cactus food.

Its good to feel connected

i piss on some of my cacti (the ones where people are least likely to see me) once every few days, straight on. I notice huge diff in growth rates. It's very sandy soil though with very little organic matter.

Does that make you a cannibal? :scratchhead:

Ok, so when i first read “i pee on my plants”, i envisioned blokes just peeing on the plants as a place to aim (not unlike a little kid aiming at a cork floating in the toilet) , you know, just a convenient place to relieve yourself. Upon a little more thought and reading, I am now feeling that if you are peeing on your plant to provide nutrients and you obviously care for the plant, then it is not so bad (its not like a golden shower for the plant spirit ). But now i want to know more.... Wouldn’t the urine burn foliage of some soft leaved plants, or are you only talking cactus here? Also, what about what is in your system, like if you had a hard night on the turps, would your urine contain some of what you ingested, and it may be harmful to the plant?. By the way, the fact that i have changed my view on this somewhat, doesn’t mean I am going to rush out and wee on my plants, or start up a ‘National Pee On Your Plant Day ’ or anything. :)

Afaik, pissing on you plants(especially citrus) is something i've done all my life - my dad showed me how LOL.

Urea is widely used in fertilizers as a convenient source of nitrogen.

Apparently, more than 90% of world production of urea is destined for use as a nitrogen-release fertilizer and has the highest nitrogen content of all solid nitrogenous fertilizers in common use.

Considering all plants need a balanced NPK ratio at different times of growth, it's quite useful for good foliar and vegetative growth stages. 'Watering' in your pissfert might also be necessary in some circumstances but i never bother wasting extra water.

Also, maybe mammalian male and female piss varies in available nitrogen because of hormone differences between sexes - i don't know?

plus, (not me) i'm sure some spirits might actually see a golden shower as not a necessarily bad thing :innocent_n:

• Like 1

But yeah it's good to note less is more with pee. My dad and I killed a lemon tree with pee. Seriously. Potted cacti I give a sparing tinkle once a month during spring autumn. I combine this with fish emulsion. Cacti in the ground Im much more liberal with.

• Like 1

But yeah it's good to note less is more with pee. My dad and I killed a lemon tree with pee. Seriously. Potted cacti I give a sparing tinkle once a month during spring autumn. I combine this with fish emulsion. Cacti in the ground Im much more liberal with.

Who fertilizes plants that are growing wild in mother nature?

Every man-made fertilizer is an artificial artifact, something produced by man for mans benefit.

M S Smith says he used one artificial artifact for years but wasn't happy with it, and after switching to another, now his plants seem happier.

I gotta wonder how happy they'd be left to grow & develop on their own, as nature intended, & not being forced one way or another.

We got grow ferts, we got bloom ferts, we got food production ferts, all of which eventually load up & poison the very soil we want our plants to grow in.

Nobody, if anybody, asks the plants what they want.

• Like 1

Worm Wiz, as much as you like, as often as you like.

Who fertilizes plants that are growing wild in mother nature?

Every man-made fertilizer is an artificial artifact, something produced by man for mans benefit.

M S Smith says he used one artificial artifact for years but wasn't happy with it, and after switching to another, now his plants seem happier.

I gotta wonder how happy they'd be left to grow & develop on their own, as nature intended, & not being forced one way or another.

We got grow ferts, we got bloom ferts, we got food production ferts, all of which eventually load up & poison the very soil we want our plants to grow in.

Nobody, if anybody, asks the plants what they want.

Sorry i dont live in S America, cant relate to letting my "cacti be cacti"

i don't fertilizer, i repot with fresh soil mix or reclone and let the old plants die off (its the same plant though, i think of it like a snake shedding skin). i recycle the old soil mix through the compost heaps. thinking about it i probably should fertlizer. i bought seasol recently but then i read that seasol is a scam. maybe i could put dead bugs in the pots.