The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

How to deal with nosy neighbours

build a stone alter to moloch in your back yard, and pour pigs bloods over it and scatter bones around the place.

you could also setup hidden PA and play soundtracks of animal slaughter all night, dancing around in you backyard naked covered in blood holding skulls to the sun chanting.

• Like 4

hell yes, build a giant monument to an ancient god :D

I think what your neighbours are doing could be construed as harrassment though.

Edited by Distracted

some of these ideas might just be plain old fun whether you have nosy neighbours or not.

i don't think you can freak these people out by looking back at them. i was sitting on the side of the road in a worktruck with my co-worker and i saw a (funny-looking) guy cross the road gawking in the cabin, gawked blankly in the window while i gawked back, walked around the front of the truck to my (oblivious) co-workers window and started gawking in there, he noticed me gawking and started gawking so both of us are gawking at him gawking for about twenty seconds. he never indicated he wanted to talk. next he walks around the truck gawking at everything on it, disappears behind it for a while where i couldn't see him for the headboard, then crosses the road and continues on his way.

such rudeness, if i did that i could in all fairness expect an upper torso out the window shouting "the fuck u lookn at CUNT"

• Like 4

ahaha shame you were in the work truck with logo's and such on the side ;)

i wouldn't respond like that anyway, but hey, newsflash, people can be ignorant, self-centred, self-assured, self-interested twats. walking out of a building after a kind of meeting/talk the other day, hundreds of people walking out of a door three meters across, and some office nobs get out the door and form a circle to start chatting, right in the doorway. i'm not the type to hurl verbal abuse but everybody else started walking around these inconsiderate self important fucks so i barged through their circle and looked back and they seem to have realised "oh, hundreds of people want to get the fuck out of the building pronto and we are blocking the thoroughfare" and moved aside.

o_0 often people just take no note of how their actions are affecting others and need to be shown. they can be people of all types, smart, considerate people sometimes, it's just human to occasionally/perpetually overlook some details

• Like 3

Honestly, how are you looking muscle wise?

Because when people have started invading my personal space like that in the past, I have just waited till there coming past and make sure my tops off, then stick out my chest and tense my muscles, then just glare at them, real unfriendly like. It seriously does usually work like a charm 90% of the time, no abuse or physical aggression needed. Though I do have a bit of a mean glare when I'm angry that tends to make your average person uneasy for some odd reason. lol, I'm only a little fella.

Although, if you don't like the sound of that idea, talking to them always helps. Even if there rude to you at first, just keep at it. Just keep being really polite, wave and smile every time you see them drive past and always politely say hello when they walk past or you see them in there front yard. Even if they ignore you at first, just smile and say something like "must be having a bad day, I guess". Basically just show them that your a good bloke. They do usually come around eventually and it's probably actually more effective than my first idea. Since you usually end up with friendly neighbors, rather than neighbors that try to avoid you at all costs. You just need the patients and to be in the right frame of mind is all, lol.

Peace

Stinky rotten eggs and rotting meat hidden all along the fenceline. Maybe not so hidden, rabbits skinned and hanging, swaying in the breeze, maggots falling from the orifi.

• Like 1

Get the plumbers to dig two coffin size trenches in the yard.

Reverse psychology works too sometimes. Be excessively friendly.

• Like 2

i wouldn't respond like that anyway, but hey, newsflash, people can be ignorant, self-centred, self-assured, self-interested twats. walking out of a building after a kind of meeting/talk the other day, hundreds of people walking out of a door three meters across, and some office nobs get out the door and form a circle to start chatting, right in the doorway. i'm not the type to hurl verbal abuse but everybody else started walking around these inconsiderate self important fucks so i barged through their circle and looked back and they seem to have realised "oh, hundreds of people want to get the fuck out of the building pronto and we are blocking the thoroughfare" and moved aside.

o_0 often people just take no note of how their actions are affecting others and need to be shown. they can be people of all types, smart, considerate people sometimes, it's just human to occasionally/perpetually overlook some details

Absolutely agree. These types of people deserve to be clubbed.

Get the plumbers to dig two coffin size trenches in the yard.

Reverse psychology works too sometimes. Be excessively friendly.

sneaky edit! i didn't even realise you were a moderator until then.

He's the black sheep moderator that all the other boys in the hockey team don't ask over for fairy bread & tang after the big match.

Maybee that r just really lonely people? Perhaps u could invite them over for a cuppa?

• Like 1

Honestly, how are you looking muscle wise?

Because when people have started invading my personal space like that in the past, I have just waited till there coming past and make sure my tops off, then stick out my chest and tense my muscles, then just glare at them, real unfriendly like. It seriously does usually work like a charm 90% of the time, no abuse or physical aggression needed. Though I do have a bit of a mean glare when I'm angry that tends to make your average person uneasy for some odd reason. lol, I'm only a little fella.

post-1250-0-25708600-1328810568_thumb.jp

post-1250-0-25708600-1328810568_thumb.jpg

post-1250-0-25708600-1328810568_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

This explains a lot. Jabez has short-man-syndrome.

Bwaaaa harrrrr harrrr! Jabez, man, post of the year u buff, short, angry little dude! If I where to witness your MASSIVE physique and intense glare the result would surely be public fapping

Bwaaaa harrrrr harrrr! Jabez, man, post of the year u buff, short, angry little dude! If I where to witness your MASSIVE physique and intense glare the result would surely be public fapping?

Maybee the average person is not merely uneasy , perhaps a little anemic and confused from the sudden rush of blood to their engOrged members?

Edited by incognito
  • Like 3

build a stone alter to moloch in your back yard, and pour pigs bloods over it and scatter bones around the place.

you could also setup hidden PA and play soundtracks of animal slaughter all night, dancing around in you backyard naked covered in blood holding skulls to the sun chanting.

Who told you about my typical weekends?

I also hate inconsiderate wankers and also people that have such little self awareness that they dont realise that just staring at someone for 20 minutes is unusual.

As for taking my top off in social situations and flexing muscle. LOL

Chilli, That's exactly how I what I always imagined you looked like, is that the one you use for your facebook profile? 

Psylo, Small man syndrome is a fairly broad term. But this first definition I found on urban dictionary is what I some think about you, so your probabaly right.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=small+man+syndrome

Incognito, I'm embarrassed to say that even after looking it up on google, I really have no idea what fabbing means. But if your saying you'd belt the shit out of us. Well, from what I've seen of your posts I don't think you could be really be considered 'your average person', lol.

Besides, tell me this don't look really scary, lol.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/427662_214101992020059_100002607797065_414341_1245132996_n.jpg?dl=1

Personally I  I think some of you people need to learn to take things with a grain of salt a bit more. But what ever, being bagged out is probably better than being completely ignored. lol, I'm a glass full kind of bloke.

Peace

Edited by jabez

fapping*

syn: masturbating

edit: your link wont work, you gotta right click the photo and click view image, then copy and paste that link in your post otherwise no one except you can see it.

Edited by chnt
  • Like 1

here we go again - saturday morning from 10am - he sets up his tools a metre from our fence and starts chopping wood. Now he lives on a 1/2 acre block just like me. Yet there is setting up all his gear and his chopping tables right on the fence line. yesterday i was also checking how they have planted out their block. They hvae put garden beds in places to block the road but zero on either fence. Like to avoid obscuring their view.

He stands here now chopping wood facing me as I type. fuck sake im going to buy some 4 metre verbarums (spelling?) and chuck them in 1 metre apart all along that side. I think that will make the point. better scour my place for freaking cameras as well!

told another neighbour about it and he said its been a problem before.

at leastif he is out there all the time he could stop the bloody rosellas from eating my tomatoes. Little fuckers can do it through the net by standing on it...

Yes ! You could use your neighboors as scarecrows !

• Like 1

here we go again - saturday morning from 10am - he sets up his tools a metre from our fence and starts chopping wood. Now he lives on a 1/2 acre block just like me. Yet there is setting up all his gear and his chopping tables right on the fence line. yesterday i was also checking how they have planted out their block. They hvae put garden beds in places to block the road but zero on either fence. Like to avoid obscuring their view.

He stands here now chopping wood facing me as I type. fuck sake im going to buy some 4 metre verbarums (spelling?) and chuck them in 1 metre apart all along that side. I think that will make the point. better scour my place for freaking cameras as well!

told another neighbour about it and he said its been a problem before.

It sounds like the guy is a real annoying prick. But, zen, you need to chill out a bit if you can - for your own sake. My missus hates our neighbours, and we had gotten to the stage where were going to chuck rotten eggs, play loud music at early hours, and generally shout abusive stuff whenever they showed up. But it was partly us, we aren't used to living in the city so close to other people, so eventually I decided we needed to chill out - and fortunately they have stopped having friday night sessions and their baby is much quieter.

You need to think of the situation as an energy flow; and you need to take control of it. It doesn't matter if the other guy started it, your aggravation is keeping the situation going, escalating it. Diverting the energy flow - aggressively by using a canon, or passively by planting a lovely hedge, are all good ideas. It doesn't matter what you do so long as you take control, but I feel the nicer method of planting a hedge would work better - he can come and stand next to you while you work, and you can try start up a conversation. Or, he will move to another part of the block and leave you alone.

I have this theory in my head that people aren't well designed for living in close proximity unless they are family - hence those studies that suggest more than 100 people in an organisation changes the intimacy, and the smallish size of most indigenous tribes (as well as monkey tribes). Our neighbours often aren't members of our tribe and they can quickly upset us when they intrude.