The Corroboree
ajna

some of my music - Howling Cloud

hey all,

feel free to check out some of my tunes if u like

(recordings, not electronic - just a disclaimer there)

http://www.reverbnat...udthemagicsound

http://soundcloud.com/howlingcloud

also a 1h mix i did recently of various psychedelic-ish musics

http://soundcloud.com/howlingcloud/spacelaces-jan-2012-mix

this is my most recent track, still need to remaster it when i get time but u get the idea

• Like 7

Man, that second track you have posted. BLOWN OUT !

No offence to others here, but it's refreshing to hear some original music that has some idea of tonal structure, and at least some reference to a key & a scale.

Ya made me wanna render on of my projects now, for sharing.

Well done, Ioved that, 100%

• Like 1

ha wow thanks for the nice words man, really appreciate it

the recording process seems to make me forget what i liked about my own music lol

or at least when i listen back i just hear all the things that aren't right, instead of listening to the song as a whole... for a while anyway

so it's nice to know that it sounds good to fresh ears!! :D

please do share your own projects, always keen to hear what others are doing

Man your second tune is amazing what processes did you put that didge through( if it even was a didge? sounds wicked. You have a very original style. I will post up some of my projects in the near future, as soon as i upgrade my current bedroom studio.

Thanks for the inspiration!

thanks a lot

yeah that is a didj, i recorded the track then ran it through the korg monotron (which is a little pocket sized analog synth) and tweaked the filters

i'm sure it could be done better if i knew how on the computer, the monotron has a pretty dodgy input/output which can be very frustrating but i kinda like it's 'character'...and i don't own any real synths :P

this is another track i'm mostly happy with, more of an ambient vibe.

• Like 2

ajna, what are you using for capturing the 'real instrument' recordings? Old-School or DAW ?

tis all recorded via a portable DAW using SD card to transfer to poota

new track done now, more in the vein of drone/noise stuff

Silver Cord -

Edited by ajna
  • Like 1

that's berserk man, oblong gong part 2. i delayed my critique so i could give it a decent listen. you'll fry heads yet, i wot.

it nearly put my to sleep (i was in bed). the first part that keeps looping has what might be a single high note which stands out and i didn't appreciate that high note, but when the pitch is raised on that loop then the high note fits in a lot better.

and i fucken love that drawing displayed in oblong gong part 1. invisible prism is a cool name to go with that sigil.

i give it a score of three drops. that's a lot!

thanks for the feedback bro - critique is always welcome! v happy with 3 drops :)

haven;t noticed that high note but i'll check it out. have had many issues with my production/mixing...i think partly due to crap headphones. there's also an overall 'quietness' i cant seem to avoid, but boosting the levels seems to make them max out.

yah, invisible prism has a life of it's own haha.

if u take a barrel of howling cloud, distill the purest spirits possible, offer them some tobacco in exchange for an open communication portal, hit record, then pass all incoming sounds through an analogue filter - u are left with invisible prism :P

hopefully more to come soon...

400th post yeoowwwww! Duuude.. I've gotta say Restructuring Neuroelectric Geometry sent me to a place I rarely get to visit.. Absolutely amazing work my friend! :wink:

Dude it sounds really good will follow you on soundcloud.

thanks for listening and feedback guys :)

Nice flow ! Needs more Oud tho... :)

haha that's prob true. the lack of "real instruments" in my recordings lately is mostly due to having a 1yo in the house - either he's makin noise or he's asleep and i can't :P new stuff is recorded late at night, zoning out with headphones while my munchkin sleeps. got a few guitar based ideas that i'm itching to get down though so hopefully soon...

400th post yeoowwwww! Duuude.. I've gotta say Restructuring Neuroelectric Geometry sent me to a place I rarely get to visit.. Absolutely amazing work my friend! :wink:

thanks heaps mate, really nice to hear that this music transports other minds too :)

Edited by ajna

I really like it

• Like 1

hey this is pretty interesting stuff

I likey!

• Like 1