The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
CβL

NZ Members: Free Pereskiopsis*

Hello everyone.

Basically I will send you, pereskiopsis cuttings (up to 3), for free, *provided you pay for the postage. This is limited to New Zealand members who have a minimum of 20 posts.

Basically I just want to make sure everyone who wants Pereskiopsis, has it. :)

Edited by βluntmuffin

good on ya bro!

I was seriously thinking of buying one of those $100 cuttings on trademe before I got some.

I can spare a few cuttings too now. this shit grows crazy fast

Yeah screw those bastards selling Peres for $100 :ana:

I have a couple cuttings for NZ members too.

same conditions as Bluntmuffin (20+ posts, member pays postage.)

• Like 2

Hopefully there are more NZers who decide to join. :)

What? People are selling cuttings for $100? It grow like a weed!

Heya ßlunt, I would be very keen on a couple cuttings, it wud be very exciting to start grafting some of my little green children. Could send some loph n trich seeds your way to show my appreciation if u were keen?

Heya ßlunt, I would be very keen on a couple cuttings, it wud be very exciting to start grafting some of my little green children. Could send some loph n trich seeds your way to show my appreciation if u were keen?

Don't you guys already have lots of Pereskiopsis?

I could always spare you some as I'm just down the road.. Save on postage and all that..

Nt me. I have one and Its nt big enough for me to consider slicing into little pieces. Also I have seen your cuttings which are extremely thin and would be no use for grafting for a long time. My intention was merely to organise a trade with blunt.. Not to snake free peres wen I have one but to trade my other plants and seeds for a plant which would be alot more help to me in ths stage of seedling raising than other things which may interest blunt.

Oh ok I thought you had more. just thought I could offer as it's expensive sending between islands.

You know they grow at close to a cm a day, the ones at mine have fattened up consideribly since leaving their rooting/humidity chambers.

So much so that I did a few Tricho and Loph grafts yesterday on em, I used that tip from you about the leaf sap and it seems to have worked.

:)

Edited by centipede

Im very keen on some pereskiopsis guys ,will pay postage etc...and yeah the leaf sap trick works a treat !

yo yo yo blowng i gotcha

• Like 1

So... It's been over two years since this was posted, but is there any chance the Pereskiopsis offer is still available?

I'm desperately searching for some to use for grafting my Strombocactus Disciformis seedlings. Apparently these can take up to 2 years to grow to 1mm diameter?! So F*** that, ima graft these suckers!!

Otherwise I'll have to wait like 8 years until I can graft them on something bigger :-( Unless anyone has alternative suggestions to Pereskiopsis, something that will take very small scion? I have some Panchanoi seedlings about 8cm high, I was considering attempting to graft onto one of those since they are nice and small and healthy, or do you think they are too young and will freak out and die?

I am also fiending for more seeds of any kind of any kind - totally addicted to seed raising now. I will pay for any seeds that could be offered from within NZ :) Seeds don't seem very easy to find here, not through conventional channels anyway... Sadly I don't have much in the way of trading since my interest in this only starting last year.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

p.s I am not only a cactus newbie, but a forum newbie too. I hope I don't unwittingly break any rules :-|