The Corroboree
niggles

Shulgins requesting donations for care

"just do a stack of individual ausctions.more dosh would get raised i anticipate(hopefully: ) waterade

1 massive auction would exclude mebres who have limited funds but are aching for a particular item or set of items

more lots to auction =might raise>1 massive lot 2 auction

my bike chain busted and now i'm sore in the groin"

Sorry to hear about your groin, last time I did something similiar I broke my funny bone & it was not Fing funny. Convince the missus to rub it better?

I see where you are coming from but think you might focus on our members more than the shulgins?

I personaly like the raffle idea. What better note to stick on the blackberry bush then one with the stamp of our whole community?

Set the ticket price low $2 maybe & people can purchase as many or as few as they can afford &/or they can donate something to the prize pool. I think this has the potential to raise the most money if done right.

Multiple prizes? 1st, 2nd 3rd?

Cons, might be a hassle to organize, Alkatrope has experience or maybe someone else could step up?

Would realy like to hear others thoughts on this & the other avenues discussed.

I like the idea of a raffle too. I think this would be a more successful money raising tool as it encourages everyone to chip in and have a go. Also I think the Shulgins would appreciate the sense of community, and a message accompianing the donation with the collective names of everyone who contributed by purchasing a ticket would further reinforce that there are a great many of us that are thinking of them.

Plus raffles are fun.

• Like 1

there is some good feedback here - it looks as if a raffle may the best way to do it ? - I could probably come to running the raffle ( using my work office as Raffle head quarters ;) ) As Psylo said the 'community' aspect that comes with a raffle is nice.

for the raffle/auction I will put up this Loph.

http://s945.photobuc...lgin%20auction/

Edit: However, technically a raffle should be registered with the gambling and racing commission. :(

Edited by watertrade

Whoa, what a beauty WT :drool2:

I can donate a couple of metres of Psycho0 unrooted cuttings.

"Edit: However, technically a raffle should be registered with the gambling and racing commission."

Talk to alkatrope/ronny, maybe.

Sell bookmarks not tickets?

If its a go'er I'll donate 250g syrian rue & 100 ea of 10 different hybrid seed, might not be exactly the ones listed but you det the jist.

Pachanot x peruvianus

Super Pedro x Psycho0

Super Pedro x spachianus

Bertha x spachianus

Pachanot x Terscheckiinot

peruvianus x Pachanot

Super Pedro x peruvianus

Super Pedro x Pachanot

J2 x Pachanot

spachianus x Gold

For starters, prob more down the track.

I personaly like the raffle idea. What better note to stick on the blackberry bush then one with the stamp of our whole community?

Set the ticket price low $2 maybe & people can purchase as many or as few as they can afford &/or they can donate something to the prize pool.

I think $5 is within most people's capacity if they wished to have a go.

Just self-administered, after knocking off work early, so I'll run an extended suggestion on how to do this thing.

Watertrade creates a username, in which we can all access. A blog is created for the purposes of listing the prize pool. This takes a lot of the work away from any one person, and is obvioously self-regulating. People who wish to donate to the raffle booty add their description ver the space of one week:

watertrade: 100 x loph seeds

C_T: 1 x Bridgii log

Psylo: 1 x autographed photo

....and so on

The raffles opens when the prize pool is sufficient, but can be added to after the gates are swung. For two weeks, members have an opportunity to buy tickets @ $5 each, and choose their own numbers between 1 & 80. Payment must be made before ading your name to the list. This will need to be verified by a volunteer PayPal account.

2. Alice

4. Niggles

7.watertrade

~

~

~

75.Alice

77.Shruman

78.Shruman

79.Shruman

One number= 1 ticket = $5.

The winning number is determined by the first number up from first Keno draw in any given state that publishes the results ona predetermined day after all ticets are purchased. For example if all numbers were purchased, it is agreed that the next Monday would be the draw that determines the winner.

Easy, really. That's $400 donation right there, and a bit of community involvement from everyone. If people may not be able to contribute to the prize pool (maybe such as me) they can at least contribute to the $$, and the spirit of the project is shared by many.

And to say something more on the prize pool. Perhaps if there is an overwhelming donation of herb/seeds/books/plants & whatever else, the organisers can assign a rough dollar-value cut-off (lets make it neat and say $400 as wel), then the extra donation pledges can be reserved for a second auction, if all goes well. It doesnt have to be another 80 tickets, it could be 44 numbers, and aligned with Lotto draws.

Let's do it, people ! We can make it very simple, with a bit of smart thoughts in setting it up.

• Like 1

i'd buy some tickets if there was a raffle.

• Like 1

"just do a stack of individual ausctions.more dosh would get raised i anticipate(hopefully: ) waterade

1 massive auction would exclude mebres who have limited funds but are aching for a particular item or set of items

more lots to auction =might raise>1 massive lot 2 auction

my bike chain busted and now i'm sore in the groin"

Sorry to hear about your groin, last time I did something similiar I broke my funny bone & it was not Fing funny. Convince the missus to rub it better?

I see where you are coming from but think you might focus on our members more than the shulgins?

Set the ticket price low $2 maybe & people can purchase as many or as few as they can afford &/or they can donate something to the prize pool. I think this has the potential to raise the most money if done right.

Multiple prizes? 1st, 2nd 3rd?

Cons, might be a hassle to organize, Alkatrope has experience or maybe someone else could step up?

Would realy like to hear others thoughts on this & the other avenues discussed.

in retrospect, yep mate i see your point and agree............now that i've had a remedial groin massage :wink: and some rest n sustenance , the community raffle is a better option........ 2bucks sounds right but who will decide on the final price?

I DEMAND A RAFFLE!

Could I put up a cube print for microscopy purposes only or would it be better not to?

I could throw in a Loph' keyring made from Jade and hemp.

the print and carved keyring would be great guys, The more the better.

I'm still trying to think through some of the issues (with Psylos help)

some of the things that concern me are

1: are the donators willing to send the items to the winner? what the WA people?

I can donate a couple of metres of Psycho0 unrooted cuttings.

Alice are you keen to send that couple of meters of Psycho0 to far north western Australia ? ;)

2: where do we collect the money - I'm happy to use the seedsaustralia website to sell the tickets via paypal then forward the money to the shulgins. but I guess you have to trust me ;) if it were done this way seedsaustralia wouldn't have anything to do with it ie no credit. all credit remains with The Corroboree community.

3: do you want to pick numbers? or just get given numbers from 1 --> x ( it would be easier to use a random number sequence this way)

http://www.random.org/sequences/

4: one large prize pool or a few prizes?

That random number link is great. To assign it to ticket buyers a few days before the draw, put each person's name in a spreadsheet, sort alphabetically, and whammo, each entry gets their number(s). Unlike the keno idea, this allows for as many tickets to be sold as there are buyers.

WT suggested to me elsewhere that the draw itself be done 'out of a hat' at an ACT meet, to ensure transparency in the process (e several witnessses. Stubs from a raffle ticket book (or two, such as 1-100 RED, 1-100 Green etc) can be torn in the presence of everyone there too. Raffle books are cheap as chips. And i'll send a hat down personally :)

A possible snag though..... So what about WA & tassie, should a member from these states win ? There could be quite a lot of plants, seeds & herbs in the booty. Is this going to be a problem that jeopardizes the whole idea of a fair raffle ? If so, maybe auctions are a better option after all (as sad as it makes me to say it).

Or..... We run a second raffle to coincide with the main one, with 'safe' prizes ! There's plenty of regulars here from WA (more than other states it seems sometimes). People from all states can still donate to either one, but with a focus on what will get through border patrol being allocated to the WA booty.

1: are the donators willing to send the items to the winner? what the WA people?

Alice are you keen to send that couple of meters of Psycho0 to far north western Australia ? ;)

As long as it is legal for me to do so, then yes. I am happy to cover all postage cost - as long as it is regular post, postage costs really aren't very much at all within australia. Hmm, maybe we we do need separate raffles depending on state, to avoid incrimination?

Am also happy to send it to a central location with everything else, and provide extra cash for that person to send it (along with the other prizes) to the winner. Or if the winner is close by then they can come and harvest it themselves. Might find a few other goodies that they'll like cuttings from as well :)

Amass a prize pool.

have seperate prizes maybe do'nt even nominate 1,2,3 just 3 individual prize lots. This cuts down the chance all items will have to go to a quarantine state.

Allocate the prizes accordingly, WA donaters go to WA people, Victorians might get more plants/seeds. while tasmanians get more art/jewelery/books/myco supplies.

Maybe someone should start a poll & to gauge the support. with choices like raffle or auction, would you buy tickets for a raffle.

Edited by shruman

i don't have much to offer the cause as far as plants or seeds or herbs go, but i will do some art to put in the prize pool if artsy things are accepted :). also, i will be buying a few tickets, i enjoy raffles. good idea for a good cause, good one guys

As far as dif States goes: Items that are illeagle to be sent to the winner could be given to the "runner up" (selected randomly if it comes to this)

Postage could be included only for metro area's. Poeple outside would need to agree to pay the difference.

Just some ideas.

well, maybe you could have state divisions for items which might not go through border security? a bit of logistical juggling involved, but like a QLD pool, VIC/NSW/ACT pool, WA pool, and TAS/SA/NT go wherever they fit?

i'll throw in some samples of sab products, i say samples but they will be around half of the original quantity.

I'm just going to make another donation today - $20 is all I can afford, but I'm doing it.

As fun as a raffle would be it looks to me like there would be too many problems with it. ( If each of the raffle tickets was to have equal value in the prize pool ) maybe seperate auctions would be beter after all.

^ What ever is easiest watertrade. :) . Don't make it a chore. :)

I warn you now - if we have an auction I will end up winning it.. its just how these things work out!

My understanding from EGA was that so long as the first prize value is less than $1500 it doesnt have to be a licensed thing with the gubberment.

Either way, auctions or raffle, we should do it. I would be very proud if we could send off a SAB community donation.

Oh noes! this means I will have to part with some cacti... I love them all so! Will be difficult.

^ Your not allowed to enter niggles. (Tin arse ) :P

so this thread is a month old, and Shulgin isnt gettting any younger. Someone start the ball rolling in a new thread.

I open the bidding at $10