The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
closet hippie

Could you ID this Please

Question

Ok so I know what to look for but there is so much variation in shrooms it's hard to tell if I have something Poisonous, hallucinogenic or something edible but this is my dilemma. Well more hopes and dreams.

So I found these in my front yard, now to me it looks like psilocybe cubensis (gold tops). But these are my issues, so they say that they should grow in and around cow pats now I’m sure it can also be in just grazed land where crap is been. But I don’t have my front yard mowed by a cow, but I am in a new estate and I am sure that the land I am on was previously crapped on by cow constantly.

They also have gold tan top, darker in the centre and lightens out to an almost white near the edge.

Their gills are almost white when they first come up and change to a tan colour then a brown to a rusty brown I suppose. The spores are a dark red brown.

The smell is like fresh mushrooms.

Oh and the most important thing is that it does not turn blue when pinched, BUT they are also quite waterlogged

I'll just post the pics, I hope! I have never used a forum before

p1020209cq.jpgp1020212n.jpgp1020216o.jpgdsc0026zd.jpgp1020214k.jpgp1020218l.jpg Thank you

3 answers to this question

Looks like Marasmius oreades to me. Also known as Fairy Ring mushrooms. However, I think M. oreades's spores are white/cream. And they usually appear in spring, rather than summer.

Whatever they are, they're definitely not P. cubensis or any sort of "special" fungi. Don't eat!

Keep hunting!

• Like 1

not cubes, prints would be purple

wow thank you for the response, they do look alot like Marasmius oreades. And no I would never eat any sort of mushroom that could not be identified..