The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gogogadget

Beware of Posting While Intoxicated

Most of you raise good points some none sensicle but it seems to be the moon, yes i should have waited until i cooled off until i posted i figured i had been painted in a thread before and thought it would happen again theirfore i posted first, none the less you all can not tell me if you paid for a plant you had been mothering for 12 months giving clones from etc to find out it's nothing close, i did jump the gun and i do apologize to ph for not bringing him up to speed as i'm sure he had long forgotton our dealings now i have had time to cool off i'll be on my way yes it should have been added to the rep forum but i really do hate being forced to do something like participate in a reputational fan fare just because everyone else is, and for the record my rep was alwready fucked the people who know me know otherwise it's you all thats at the loss here.

ps thoust shall not drinketh and ipad basheth again.

post-8419-0-39925000-1327402355_thumb.jp

GoGo's initial delivery aside, you guys should still be wearing the hat of mediator, not accusor.

All anger aside, this issue will start to work itself out, and I'm sure an acceptable outcome will be achieved, now that it's been made public.

The involved parties should tell us more.... in a tone that we can understand.

Thanks for taking a more level headed approach, GoGo. How do you feel you have been ripped off ? You thinj you have received the wrong plant, right ? Talk us through the stages of planting this specimen.

post-8419-0-39925000-1327402355_thumb.jpg

post-8419-0-39925000-1327402355_thumb.jpg

That was more a statement of what I believe to be fact, rather than any personal judgement. I honestly believe that this thread has probably done harm to gogogadget's reputation and little, if any, to planhelper's. I didn't step into this thread with my mod hat on because I don't moderate this forum, but I guess I should think more about things before I post because now that I AM a mod, a bit more is expected of me regardless of what forum I'm posting in.

Good to see you manned up and admitted you jumped the gun gogo. Clearly there is an issue, whoever is at fault, but I'm sure two reasonable (and level-headed) people can sort this out :wink:.

Plant helper has twenty seven positive feedbacks in the trade reputation thread ! that says enough for me !

Not to mention all the free things he gives away. He is one i have full confidence in not being here to scam anyone !

Mistakes are made....but a little comunication goes a long way.

And your right gogo... the amount of times ive sent texts or had a rant after a few drinks - I hear ya ! I can kind of see how it would suck if you feel your reputation has been tarnished by disseminating the said clones under a certain name. But like has been said above - people here are pretty understanding.

Anyway thats my one cent worth... Im sure it will all work out sweet !

Psylo, i agree that mediation might help here more than pointing the finger at people. And now what? If there really is the interest to resolve this issue peacefully, i am the first who steps in to get this unnecessary situation settled. But this was a shitfight of a thread and i only mediate with people who show that they are willing to talk. Gogo´s last thread sounded a lot diffrent than his first ones and at this point, im sure they can work it out now. Before that post, it was pure name calling and i dont waste my time with threads like this. Moderators are entitled to have an opinion too as long as they treat people fairly and i think this is childish thread that shouldnt have been there in the first place. And im pretty sure that even Gogo sees it like this once he sobered up. And i also think that ballzac made a pretty good point when he posted that gogo damaged his reputation more than planthelpers by posting a thread like this. I mean, it doesnt need a rocketscientist to get this impression, does it? So how about you consider to stop worrying about the opinions of the moderators and start questioning some of your own ones maybe once in a while? You know, the good old fashioned "cleaning in front of your own door" and stuff? I am happy that you seem to have calmed down a little bit recently and that you also post something productive from time to time but there still needs to happen a lot around here before you get to decide if its appropriate for moderators to have their own opinion or not. bye Eg

I mostly agree, mod status aside I didn't at all expect the reply I did, I don't expect anything in return... I'm sure he has long forgotten this sale but that aside many who know me know I have established a worm farm to nuture the cielo and was surprised/pleased it was thriving in an environment it is suppose to wither I was practically heart broken yet more embarrased I'd grown the plant for a year but alas to say I really expected from him a "crickey really, I'd be happy to replace them blah bullshit blah, but I didn't want to have to ask, in fact I'm just going to plod on my way and let things be, and for the record since the first post ....I though it was a perfectly easy mistake to liken them they look very much alike when young and in ending I never blamed him for ripping me off just jumping the gun and not being more considerate I only ever run my mouth when others do until then I am very much amacable

Gogo, i understand that it can be a very depressing thing when you grow a plant for a long time and have to finally find out its something else. I do get that point. But the way it sounds to me, you didnt really try to resolve this issue with planthelper and thats what i criticise about your approach. It wasnt really clear to me what planthelper actually replied to your complaint (which wasnt so clear either) so that makes it even harder for others to understand what exactly went down. You know, best thing in cases like this are a refund and i truly believe that ph would have refunded you if you´d made clear that you definately arent trying to rip him off. I believe you when you say that you are honest and didnt just say that to make him send two plants instead of one but please keep in mind that there might be other people who arent like that and who would use someones good nature to their advantage. I cant speak for planhelper but i think he might have gotten your complaint the wrong way and exploded in his first anger. Not saying thats what happened but thats what i read from your posts. You know, in most cases, replies that were written in anger are regretted later and i think it would have been worth a try to get in touch with him again, in a talking non-attacking or verbally assaulting way. Not sure if you are aware but planhelper has a good heart and he takes threads like this very seriously. The Reason ballzac became a moderator is because planthelper needed a break from defending himself from verbal attacks and threads like this one. Not sure what the actual cause was but i think this might have been the reason he didnt really react calmly recently so please give him a break. Moderating is extremely nervewrecking and sometimes, even mods get too emotional. You gotta defend yourself for every little fart you make, gotta be always there, are expected to see everything, moderate your friends and people you actually like and have to make decisions in the blink of an eye. Also you have to be always right. And the fact that some wouldnt even want us to have an own personal opinion was just beautifully demonstrated few posts ago. Sometimes, the stress of it can really get to you. So maybe it helps to see it a little bit from that side too. Not saying you gotta go out of your way but Internet Arguments like this dont bring you any further or make you any more happy on the long term. Because most of the time, its only misunderstandings that cause em and after the first smoke has cleared, both sides feel like shit. People arent all bad or all good. Everyone has bad and good days, so dont take everything so frigging serious. And try to talk with him in a non-threathening way and im sure he´ll respond like that too. bye Eg

There is nothing to mediate yet. The exchange so far has not arrived at any conclusion or even brought up any details to base a conclusion on.

The way I see this issue:

Gogo made a fairly blunt accusation with little detail.

PH asked for details in an assertive manner.

Gogo abuses the crap out of PH in public, breaking multiple rules in just 2 posts.

Gogo posts PM material that in my view reflects far worse on him than on PH. In fact, I can't even see why gogo had an issue with all this and didn't just enter into a conversation with PH.

What I am going to do about it:

Normally the thread would be deleted because of the abuse in the first posts, however I feel that those posts reflect much more clearly on gogo than on PH so I think they should stay if PH doesn't have a problem with it. I am hesitant to delete it also because of the comments that followed.

Gogo is going to get a warn point for intentionally breaking the rules. This is not the first time he has acted like this and he needs to learn that there are consequences for his actions when inebriated.

I'll wait for comment from PH about this.

No really, i was just thinking today that i am happy to see you trying to see you write some constructive posts from time to time. Cant say that all of them are great but it felt like somehow your trying. And i appreciate that. But i fail to see what a snapshot of my likes and dislikes is of any interest for anyone here? Im not perfect and sometimes, i just get the shits when i come across posts like this. Definately wont bite my tounge because im saying my honest opinion.

And my opinion is that Threads like this come as close to Internet-Mobbing as you can get. Im sick of us mods being pulled in the center of attention and name-called everytime people have some minor differences with them. Most of the times, its personal issues that result in people bringing up the old story about the mods who cant be trusted. You know what? I´ve seen some bad mods on other boards and i know what im talking about. You can be glad that we use other standards for the mods. First and foremost, our mods are fair and good people. And thats something that you cant say for all mods that i´ve met in my life on other boards before. And threads like this make some of our mods log in with a bad feeling in their stomach sometimes and that needs to stop. So please stop looking for faults in our mods posts. They do their best all the fucking time. But they are people too and sometimes, there are bad trades. Even happens to the best sometimes. So what? It definately doesnt justify posting a witchhunt thread like this one.

I agree with Torsten that the thread doesn't need to be deleted, but perhaps the title should be changed to Beware of Posting While Intoxicated.

And EG, I totally agree with you that mods need to have respect, but I also think that mods can't be above question, I think the Hunab Ku debacle proved that. Regardless of whether you agree with Psylo's comment, I think it was stated with honest intentions and made fairly. It's probably not a good time to let any past events cloud judgement on the current discussion. I know it was mentioned in the first post that planthelper is a mod, but I don't think it has a lot to do with this thread. It could have been any member, under different circumstances, and I think the reaction from most people would have been the same.

I do think mods need to stick together when it come to moderating decisions, in an effort to present a united front, but don't think that needs to extend to character defence. As soon as we step into that territory, we are taking our moderator hats off. That is, of course, fine to defend each other as friends, but I feel that doing so in the capacity of a moderator can only make some members more suspicious of mods.

No one said mods should be untouchable. You know, it really doesnt help when you take my words and reverse them to the absolute extreme. I agree mods have to follow the same rules as other people too but i wont watch this kind of Mobbing any longer. Thats exactly one of the reasons you joined our team: Because planthelper was attacked so viciously that he couldnt do it any longer without a help. You are a moderator for a few months now so you might not be aware of the pressure some members put on them yet. Some mods do this for years now and they dont deserve this kind of witch-hunt. This thread might be about planthelper but it could also have been about one of us. And personally, i wouldnt allow someone attacking me so harshly over something that isnt justified. I dont know the situation that comes with this thread, but if i were in planthelpers shoes, i wouldnt let someone treat me like this over something ridiculous like a mis-Id´d plant.

No no no ballzac, this has nothing to do with me letting past events cloud my judgement. I just dont accept when people want to tell me what i am allowed to like and what not. And thats the thing with psylo. Snapshotting a like button of me and posting it? Gimme a break..

Understood :)

No one said mods should be untouchable. You know, it really doesnt help when you take my words and reverse them to the absolute extreme.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you said that. I just felt that it could be interpreted that way in a thread that's already a little heated and has the potential to be divisive. I realise that I haven't had the experience as a mod yet to know the full extent of what people throw at the mods. I guess my point was that, although it's important to stick up for each other, it can also end up just making the division between mods and other members worse which is exactly what you and I, and I'm sure all the other mods and most members in general, want to avoid.

I was trying to make things better, not worse :unsure: .

Yeah sorry, im pissed because i hate to see the way this thread is verbally pointing the finger at planthelper, who i know goes out of his way to please his customers/traders/whatever very oftenly. Like i said, i cant talk about the issue because i know shit about it but even without him saying anything, i already am very sure this thing is blown up way beyond proportion. I know he has some flaws but none of them would justify being treated like this. If i´d log in here to find a thread called BEWARE OF TRADING WITH EG over a mis-Id´d plant, i would break the fucking internet. Period.

hi!

1, i've read most replies in this thread, but not all of them yet, in this moment, i reply.

2, i only became aware of this thread, a few minutes ago.

3, i have sent a caapi cielo plant, to this member, and not euphorbia heterophylla (wild ponsettia).

most people who know me, would know, that i can id both plants, euphorbia heterophylla and banisteriopsis caapi.

anyway, only a very uneducated person, would think a wild ponsettia is a caapi.

4, if a weed grows out of a pot, and the owner probagates the weed instead of the desired plant, the seller can't be blamed,

but this is what happens here, worse, i get even name called.

5, when i send out plants, the pots are weed free.

6, in no way, where any of my pm replies unpolite, but the topicstarter's pm, are all full of name calling and abuse.

if anybody would have the right to name call in this instance, than it's me, because you try to stain my preputation, but your accusations have no merit at all.

so basicly, i get name called, and slaged off here in this thread, just because the topistarter raised and nurtured a weed in his/her pot, instead of the caapi, i've sent to this member.

that you can't distinguish between, weed and caapi, is not my fault.

i can assure all people, it was caapi, i've sent to this person!

this situation is very upsetting for me, i helped this person, he did a mistake, but i get blamed, get real.

how can anybody think, i can't distinguish between wild poinsettia and caapi? how can anybody think, i would send off a wrong plant? psylo in # 27 has a good idea: Talk us through the stages of planting this specimen. and yes, i don't want the thread title to stay that way, because it taints my rep, and the accusations have no merit at all. maybe i would prefere this topic to be deleted, many people could be put off, from trading with me in the future, if it is allowed to stay this way. btw, clicking the edit button, changes the format of the posts now, this did not happen in the past....

late edit, after finishing reading all replies:

i treat, my clients like kings, in german we have a saying the customer is king,

meaning, i always try to make the client happy, and i achive this by providing a very good quality product.

and another thing, i am a one man band, so there is zero chance somebody else stuffed up here.

my trade to this person was probably very generous, and all i get for it is upset.

i trade, because i love plants and want to help them, and the people who like them,

it's a labour of love. but unfortunately sometimes, people like biting the hand that feeds them.

what happend here, happend before to other people and it happend aswell to me.

one grows a plant thinking it's the desired species, but in fact one raises a weed.

this is naturaly, very upsetting, once one finds out the mistake, but you can't blame me for this.

i think, i read the plant was planted out after arrival, so i would not be surprised if the caapi, i've sent out correctly, is still alive somewher at the topistarters place.

oooooooh, this is sooooo upsetting!

When this has happened to me, and it's happened a few times, esp when growing from seed and not knowing wat the seedlings look like. U spend all this time, caring and nuturing ur little plants, only to realize u have grown a very healthy dandelion instead of catnip. It happens to the best of us. And instead of coming on here and abusing the person who sent me the seeds, I am usually embarrassed at myself for a little error, but hey. everything is a learning curve. Maybe you need to learn how to comunicate like a decent human being, instead of a... well lets see. wats an appropriate word for it.... wait a minute. I won't stoop to your level. You made 2 mistakes, the first was just a humorous one that you could have laughed about. The second is this thread which is inexcusable IMO and you need to appologize for it.

laughs you started abusing me in pm first regardless of other peoples views YOU were the one who blew this out of the water thus i returned fire i can alwready see everybody here is going to suck up the arses of all the mods and owners here and for that their opinions were disregarded as far as im concerened if you want to insult me further then do so i very normally toild you that you couldnt id for shit back then the mature thing to do would be to accept a small hiccup and replace it but instead you act a fucking idiot i was very eager to here your response but now i have read it i can very much see you dont give a fuck about plants more so your trading rep good day to you all and thankyou for being complete asses about this.

ps, torsten is that the best you can do a warn point oh my......

so sick of torstens big fucking headedness, i couldnt care if you ban me delete me as i said previously i'm outta here, naja i do take on your post but i bought caapi as a seedling from this fuckwit and he preceeds to tell me im in the wrong i am furious and to fuck with this place he is in the wrong he i'd it wrong deal with it and fuckoff you all love this place that is run by fuckwits LOL! KEEP SUCKING PEOPLE

i know no one knows me here especialy PlantHelper, but i can say that PH didnt know me yet still was happy to send me some free seeds incl postage..

I can see where this thread is going.. :BANGHEAD2:

It's for people like gogo that lawyers exist. :P

Its people like GOGO that make me wish i could still neg posts.

With that kind of attitude mate, this community is better off without you IMHO