The Corroboree
niggles

Brisbane/Sunshine Coast 25 Feb catchup - botanic gardens

The AE folks have settled on the botanic gardens for the 25th feb - 10am.

Hope to see you folks there.

Im about to leave, Im sure I will find internet up there so message me if you need to.

if anyones keen to go bush from the meet or something i would be keen!

I will be up north with a friend around Brisbane and the sunshine coast from 21-28 Feb (First two days might be pretty busy) hopefully landing a sweet new job.

Spending the rest of the week checking out the area and looking for mischief.

If anyone feels like having catchup or camping or showing me awesome gardens Id love to say hi. It also my birthday so I wouldnt mind a bit or partying. I may be living up that way soon so it would be nice to meet the community!

Let me know if your keen, maybe we could have a meet.

--edit---

So it looks like we have set a date of 25-26 of feb!

do come along.

Edited by niggles
  • Like 1

I've never been to a SAB meet before, i dont live there but am happy to make the travel to meet some of the lovely folk here on the forum..

Who's up for it?

If a stranger like me could tag along of course :)

all the brissy meets seem to be organised at EA.

edit: i mean AE.

i don't mean to suggest we couldn't organise one here, just that it MIGHT be more fruitful to check AE first to see what they're planning.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Looks like something happened around new years, but I copied my post over to AE, see if anyone bites.

The weekend of 25-26/2/12 would probably be the best bet to get people along.

I havent been that far north since I was 14. I have no idea where would be good.

Suggestions?

Anything exciting happening that week? Apparently I just miss earthfreq. Such is life.

Possibly, Im not sure ill be around but there is a decent chance. Will post as it gets closer

I'll hopefully be able to make it (although i haven't made it to one yet) but that weekend is soundwave so I'll be down that way

I been posting on AE - someone is talking about going to Kondalilla falls and having a roast on spit..

sounds pretty cool.

I dont know where that is having been to qld once 16 years ago...

Hope youre all keen Im looking forward to meeting you folks.

its also my birthday the day before I arrive, so this will be a celebration of sorts :)

AE have set the date 25-26 feb which is the weekend. Yay!

Niggles - I'll be in Brissie from the 17th Feb to ? (probably just a week, maybe until the 26th)... Be great to meet up for a drink or something to say Happy Birthday :)

niggles you should go into "full editor" and change the topic to reflect 25-26 which seems to be decided.

i should get off my arse and attend. there was mention of camping at coochin creek or the other one, kondathingy falls? two weeks left to form a solid plan.

i'd be up for another mt tibro climb if a detachment wants to do that, although it's been hot lately, and i've been unfit lately, and it's a bit of a pointless risk.

so shall we say Kondalilla falls or coochin kondallila looks very nice have never been and coochin is a mozzie haven

If I pass the drivers text next week I will have room in my car for 1 or 2 brisbanites who need it

yes tibro is pretty tough the climb down is the worst. I didn't make it all the way to the top but was happy considering how fit i was at the time

definately not for everyone

my birthdays the 25th so I'll definately be bustin a move or two :P

Edited thread title. Thanks thunderideal.

AE chaps were talking about doing a bit of a climb as well..

I wont be able to do that unfortunately. Got arm in a cast, not really up for challenging physical stuff for a month or two.

But I do love the bush and waterfalls. Looking forward to getting out there for some camping.

so it seems the idea of camping has slipped away......

if people still wanna drive up there after botanics gardens im keen!

if not i will be having a lil shindig at my house.... it is a decent size and not to far from botanic gardens on the southside about 20-30 minute drive

food, drink, plants to geeze at a small bush to walk through and good people :)

will see what happens..... but i got a feeling it may be easier for alot of people

peace

did anyone make it to the meet?

We had a car breakdown and numerous other difficulties heading down from sunshine coast.

By the time we got to the gardens (about 2pm) I couldnt see any suspicious looking gatherings of plantheads anywhere. Boo.

Hope everyone else had fun!

(I saw a cane toad!)