The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I guess something gets lost in a communication based on text.

yeah, a text based conversation about race invovling no-one but (i assume from who's involved) middle class white people... wow, what a wealth of perspective..

hmm... i wonder if my sarcasm translates in text :scratchhead:

Most people who don't like thieves are a little bit racist. ;)

does that mean that heaps of people love thieves?

and speaking of thieves, who are they?

are they the people struggling to survive, or are they billion dollar entities that oppress the masses and steal from them?

or are they petty internet arguments stealing your time and attention

I really don't see how pyslo dreads comments about it being alright to use the word "abo" till your hearts content could be considered as light hearted satire. I actually find it incredibly offensive you would even say that. He clearly has never talked to a aboriginal about it. Because if he had I'm sure they would have passionately explained why it is an offensive term. I really don't think a discussion about racism is appropriate time for uneducated opinions or satire either. It's a very sensitive issue for the majority of the population, no matter what way your opinion goes.

Also, just for the record I am white and suppose I lived most my childhood in a upper middle class environment. But I completely resent being told I have no personal experience in being judged by other people, simply because of what I look like. I'm homeless right now, living out of a tent with a car I couldn't sell for $500, with clothes that are looking very worn.

Now I don't think much people would disagree that people who have my appearance are notorious for stealing shit. But that fact doesn't tear me up inside any less, when I walk into the shop and have the attendant staring me down like I'm inevitably going to steal something. When I know for a fact that I ain't no thief! Admittedly it's nothing like being judged because of the colour of your skin, but I truly feel it has given me a small glimpse of what it must feel like, and with all honestly, it fucking hurts!

I also feel I got a small glimpse of what it must feel like when I was in alice springs. On my first day there I was sitting in traffic behind this ute, with 2 aboriginals in it. Across from the ute was a car with 4 yuppie tourists in it, these disrespectful yuppie low lifes were sitting in the car just staring at these 2 aboriginals with dumb looks on there faces. I heard the driver of the ute say "are you right mate!", but these yuppies didn't say a single thing, just kept glaring at this guy like he had no right to be there. Next thing you knew this guy in the ute jumped out of his car in a fit of rage and went straight for the car of yuppies. Luckily, his mate grabbed him and calmed him down and they drove off. Now, obviously these fuck head yuppies are the very people that will go home telling everyone how violent aboriginals in Alice Springs are. Even my first thought was, "that's fucked up, but a but of a over reaction".

But, it wasn't 2 weeks later that I had just finished walking the Larapinta track and was sitting in my car. Having lost a lot of weight from walking the track and with no more cigarettes or weed, I wasn't feeling at the top if my game. Anyway, this smart arse hick tourist did the exact same thing to me! Walked past my car just gorking straight at me without saying a single word, like I had no right to be there either! I yelled out to him "unless your gonna say hello or some shit, don't be staring me down like that", he just kept walking. But not a few minutes later, he came back past staring straight at me again. Now like I said, it just wasn't a good time and something in my mind just snapped! I jumped out of my car, threw my water bottle on the ground and just flipped the fuck out, screaming at the top of my lungs about what I was going to do to this smart arse hick low life. He turned his head and walked away in a very quick manner, looking all shocked about why his actions got me so aggravated! Then I had all the other hikers step toeing around my car, whispering to each other and trying very hard not to look at me, lol, like it was 'me' with the problem. It was then that I realized that the aboriginal bloke in the ute wasn't overreacting at all. Those yuppies drew first blood, he was sick and tired of being treated like he didn't belong, simply because of who he was, or because of his appearance and he had no other choice but to stand up for himself, because it wasn't like anyone else was going to.

Now, I realize that people might take this scenario  the wrong way and it may not be easy to understand the point I'm trying to make here, or maybe even take this as some reverse racism rant. But bare with me for a second.

My appearance simply didn't fit in with all the other stereotypical hikers that were there. You know, with there 80 grand fwd's, expensive hiking clothes and gear, clean cut appearances and all in little groups. Here I am by myself in a crappy car, long messy hair, hadn't shaved in months and looking basically like a full on junkie, since I had worn myself down big time, from the lack of sleep (I had no weed) and probably wasn't as fit as I could have been when I did the track. Fuck, even I probably would have come to the conclusion that I was there to break into cars, if I had of seen myself. 

But it was still not right for that guy to be staring me down like that, I was doing nothing wrong! What these people probably didn't realize is after my anger had past, it turned to an extreme case of depression and I've got to be honest, suicide was all I could think about for weeks after! Such a petty little interaction to them, but yet to me at that particular time in my life it was an extremely significant occurrence and hurt me deeply. 

An extremely long post, I know. But it's a extremely complex issue, that really can't be easily explained.

Peace

As stimulating as your diatribe may be, I'm willing to make the mighty sacrifice of blocking your posts from view until such a time that I alter my decision. It's not that I don't consider you quite ingenious & most capable of delivering a compelling series of well constructed sentences that poorly veil your skillfully antagonistic righteousness, mind you. It's my continued responses towards you that most concern me. So for the selfish purposes of my own preservation, I respectfully choose to exercise the forum's blocking option.You will undoubtedly address this post in your scintillating word-worthy manner t'wards the audience as you see fit, (saving face is paramount to your agenda, I suspect) but please do not feel offended by my lack of response. I cannot fall victim to your further entrapment if I cannot see your words.

May Peace be with you, in time.

post-8419-0-41576200-1327390949_thumb.jp

post-8419-0-41576200-1327390949_thumb.jpg

post-8419-0-41576200-1327390949_thumb.jpg

I can see part of your last post is directed at me.

So I'll give you this response and you can take it any way you see fit.

My comments about Psylo weren't about Psylo's words but about his intentions, it seemed to me like he was using satire in an effort to quell a heated situation.

I really hope you can sort out the problems you have going on in your life mate, you seem very intelligent and articulate but you also seem very sensitive to problems that might be better shrugged off - for your own sake.

If I look at your experience at the hiking trail from an energetic perspective (which I couldn't help doing so) I see your outrage as the yang before the inevitable yin with the depression that followed.

In Chinese energetic philosophy this would be seen as typical for someone who gives their energy away - it leaves a deficit that can take a long time balance back out. It's good to share energy with like minded souls but it's just too precious to give away.

I sincerely hope you can get over this phase of your life and move on to better things.

Send me a PM if you want to talk.

SallyD, (if you haven't blocked my posts of course. All I can do is smile at pyslo's post, which probably doesn't paint me in a partiqularly good light) that was just a single story of an entire 3 month holiday, where I was constantly receiving similar treatment by arrogant yuppies. Who apparently think Australia is for them and I didn't have the right to cruise around exploring my country in my own personal style. It was just the straw that broke the camels back. Although, I can't help but think that what you say is anything but correct.

But on the other hand, he'll probably think twice before treating someone like that again.

Peace

this thread is still going :wacko:

this thread is still going :wacko:

this is the thread that never ends

yes it goes on and on my friend!

some people, staaaarted slinging shit not showing any "SOZ!"

and they'll continue slinging shit forever just because

Off-Topic: Distracted, I liked your "Number of the Beast" mini-sig when you hit 666 posts. Even better that when you were inticed to make further posts, you changed it :) This new avatar is better than the sharks too ! Whatever the fuck it is.

Anyway, back on topic. A guy I 'do business' with is restoring an old Valiant, which is affectionately referred to as a "Wog Chariot" (a very old derogartory commet harking back to the 1970's, when the vehicle of choice for many Italian migrants was one of these big old tanks). Should any of the concerned racist-nannas in this thread be offended by the usage of a term such as "Wog Chariot" ? Probably not. In 30 years, (assumed black) Africans will stop being accused of Catha theft (khat burgulars?) as well.

I'm still suspecting Bryce Courtenay as the thief, in the absence of Vual saying the suspects were dark-skinned.

Here's a nice photo of a Wog Chariot...........

post-8419-0-77524200-1327406339_thumb.jp

post-8419-0-77524200-1327406339_thumb.jpg

post-8419-0-77524200-1327406339_thumb.jpg

God damn my obsessive nature to have the last word!

Pyslo, you forgot about about the movie, which was also made into a stage production "Wog boy". Oh, I forgot, no point addressing you, you can't see my posts anyway, lol.

Never the less. The word "wog", or even "nigga" (since someone brought it up in a past post), have in the past been considered very much derogatory terms and for that matter, still are to some people. But in today's popular culture can probably be better described as swear words. 

In other words, it all depends on what text you use these words and who there directed at. 

To explain it in a way even the lame man can understand. Most people are not so incompetent to think it wouldn't be offensive to walk up to a couple of nice old ladies on the street to ask for directions, then start ranting on about fuck this and fuck that. But, if you were on a work site (for example) you could usually swear your head off till your hearts content, well talking to a bunch of blokes and it (usually) wouldn't offend anyone. But if you started saying to these some blokes 'fuck you', or 'you incompetent fuck', for example, then you would probably end up in a confrontation of sorts.  

In other words, it all comes down to using your head and a little bit of logical thought.

I mean I've never been to the US, so I could be being ignorant here, but just going by my observations from American tv and and music. If you were some white inner city kid in the US, it's probably not particularly offensive to say to your mate, 'what up my nigga'. But if you were to walk into some place where African Americans are the majority, ranting on and using using the word nigga, then trying to justify it by pointing out the lyrics in that popular song (para phrasing here) "now I'm not saying she no gold digger, but she ain't messing with no broke nigga!", well I still really don't think it would go down to well.

Anyway, that's my take on it, obviously not personally directed at pyslo, since he won't see it. But just to anyone else, who seems to be having a difficult time comprehending the appropriate use of the modern day english language.

Peace 

THIS IS THE THREAD THAT NEVER ENDS, YES IT GOES ON AND ON MY FRIEND, SOME PEOPLE STARTED READING IT NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS, AND THEY CONTINUED READING IT FOREVER...... JUST BECAUSE.....

You may not inforce your Guilt onto me, i have a clear conciouse and know my intentions are pure.

Ya i have to agree great conversation, to clear it up no im not blaming a entire race, yes i called them africans, yes i think staring down children is wrong i have to agree, and no i dont think the word abo is racist expeially considering i am of "Native Australian" decent and study into my culture vigaresly, what makes it ok is becuase there is no HATE behind the word, same with the word african there has been no HATE behind it, the only one giving it HATE is... YOU..

Was that put so a lame man can understand it Jabez, does your powerfull logic pool compute?

kinda like how amaricanised africans call them self nigers, its just to hard to type aboriginal, and in a day and age where lol, lmfao, omg, rofl, etc is acceptable i cant see any harm in using the word abo.

Very interesting how people here are affraid of words, i will have to remember to choose mine more carfully, its strange the entire concept of rasism is given power by those who feel it there right to hunt down racists and 90% of the time they are just affraid, if you dont give it power by always shouting out RASISM then people could spend there time concentrating on real racism... you know like genocide and such 0_o...

You see "these" derogatory words will only stay that way untill they are stoped being used in that way, amaricanised africans give them self power by removing the bad memories of the word nigger from the younger culture by using it to impower them self...

If abo's did the same then in a few generations the word would no longer be derogatory, you will find they ar starting to impower themself with the word in abo rap, more power to them IMO, the way it gets power if from people like you constently putting down people who use it hense other younger people assume it must be bad.

Its amusing becuase im sure you all know what a "gramar nazi" is...?

(Someone who believes it's their duty to attempt to correct any grammar and/or spelling mistakes they observe.)

Well some of you guys here are "Rasism Nazi's" strange term to use really 0_o

Please dont get me wrong i didnt say you where...

Rasist Nazi's... I said Rasism Nazi's!!

*off to urban dictonary to add a new phrase*

some many people in this world..... so eager to call rasism, nothing better to do then create negative energy and attempt to casue conflicts? Its ok to point out your opinons.. shit i agree with half of them, but theres a nice way to do it.. and theres a bad way to do it...

I seem to think that most your logic isnt as sound as you tend to beleive.

Racism is mearly a disctraction, notice how it stole the light from this topic, and most other things....

"Think about it... Can you really hate a person simply for being a different race? Ask yourself if you are really racist and how could that possibly benefit yourself." - http://www.abovetops...hread611080/pg1

-V

Cruising down the streets of greece in my VALIANT... C..H..A..R..G..E...R!!!

Red text, hey ? Look everyone, now Vual's a bloody Communist :lol:

he's lucky they didn't come back with 10 people and kick the shit out of him

Damn you make a good point there Hendry. It's just not politically correct to blame an entire race of people over some stolen property, when you were not even "there" to see who stole it. It would have been just as racist to have blamed norwegian backpackers, although not nearly as feebleminded as taking it out on a couple of kids walking down the street. Thanks for helping me prove my whole point mate.

btw, I couldn't give the slightest shit about what's "PC", as you put it. I'm talking about respect for your fellow human and not blaming people for a personal misfortune, simply because of there culture, race, personal beliefs or class.

Maybe it's a mistake that I come to an Australian forum dedicated to creative enhancing drugs to get away from all that hick mentality? That's Australia for ya though, I suppose.

Peace

Bitches and Gripes mate... Anyway i thought u said you where DONE on page 2??

"That's Australia for ya though, I suppose."

OMG RASISIM BURN HIM!!! HE IS RASIST TO AUSTRALIANS!! RASISSSSIM!!!

See we can all make mistakes in choosing our words.

"hick mentality" Who does?? Amaricans??... Opps more rasism for you there!!!

There is no room for racism here!!!!

he's lucky they didn't come back with 10 people and kick the shit out of him

..Eyyyyy because he is BLACK??

Thats pritty rasist dude 0_o

Anyway why would they when they know they are in the wrong 0_o ??

:crux: Stop sterio typing black guys..... geeeez

Red text, hey ? Look everyone, now Vual's a bloody Communist :lol:

Ya i am also a capitalist....

A man has to eat...

A simply wiki search on my name will proove I am entirly evil!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vual

..Eyyyyy because he is BLACK??

Thats pritty rasist dude 0_o

ummm, no

because where i come from, cunts who start shit better be expected to finnish shit, lest cunts come and finnish shit for them. looking at some randoms in a threatening manner walking past your house, that could be considered starting shit.

cunts have been fucked up for less, white or black.

Geeez so much tough guy talk, thought this was like a loving, peaceful bunch. Why do guys always have to act so hard?

Someone who goes and gets ten guys to bash someone for staring at them? I would consider that weak and cowardly.

what cunt

yeah, not me mind, but thats the reality of certain situations.

i am tough though, tough like a snowflake in spring. tough like a flower blooming for one night only.

tough as fuckin marshmallows yall

WORD

My anus is tough.. surprisingly resilient.