The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dionysus

catholic paedophile investigator jailed for paedophilia

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/catholic-churchs-pedophilia-investigator-in-charge-of-child-protection-jailed-for-pedophilia/news/2011/11/14/30172

my father is a catholic, sometimes asks why i distrust catholocism. stories like this (and many others that site tells, including ones starring the current pope) certainly don't help.

wholly snapping duck beaks,

thats pretty sad.. i dont understand what is going through their minds :uzi:

how the fuck is anyone still catholic?

just shows how fucking powerful they are.

i'll read soon

did i just read only a 12 month sentence?

what the fuck...

i too thought the 12 month sentance was not enough for such a thing, no where near enough. i have to say though i don't have a problem with actual catholic people, in fact one of the main points of the article is that it's a shame people like that use the catholic church as a platform to gain trust and exploit people and bring down the reputation who genuinely believe they are doing good and try to do real good.

Every culture has its own way of dealing with the people they deem 'undesirables', that includes pedophiles, and the level of societies outrage against the undesirables waxes and wanes.

The catholic way is tell them to be celibate, stick them in a stone and glass box, and call them a nun or preist. Unfortunately when anti-pedo sentiments run high for a few generations people conveniently forget that fact and the guys and gals consequently get no community support even within the church helping them to deal with their urges in a healthy way.

The result: a shit ton of pedos with no support who people forgot are pedos and hand their kids over to.

Not a very well planned out system.

Q: what's the difference between a pimple and a priest?

A: pimples don't come on the face of a 10 year old boy.

zing!

Imagine the look on the paedophile investigator's face when he was told he'd be investigating other paedophiles. Probably the same look a lot of high powered police and judges get when they are doing the same :/

USING POWER TO CONTROL IS BEING CONTROLLED BY POWER

pity those that succumb to power as they have lost much of what is their humanity and surrended it to something else

Edited by Distracted
  • Like 1