The Corroboree
chilli

Good water filter that removes fluoride?

Title says it all.. on the lookout for one. I am assuming i will need a reverse osmosis, but unsure beyond that and wondering if anyone has had any good experiences with makes or brands they can recommend?

• Like 1

i was going to investigate the same when i have more cash to spare.

either looking at something that can fit in a camper, or, have a home device and buy a 20L stainless steel container (which costs about 100 bux).

reverse osmosis filters don't seem to be very bulky, and they aren't TOO expensive, around the 300 mark. i wonder what the flow rate is like on them and whether they have any upkeep.

Depending on where you live,... perhaps drink rainwater or hehehe does that have chemtrail stuff in it??

• Like 1

Reverse Osmosis is the only way to remove fluoride as far as I'm aware so if that's your aim I don't think anything else is even worth consideration if yo0ur happy to buy bottled Purea is filtered this way prior to being bottled

Edited by Neoshaman

The Berkey filter is said to remove like 95% of flouride. I buy Pureau water in a 10 liter box.The water is actually in like a wine bladder, so i am not sure if that is BPA free?, nice water though but i intend on finding a more enviroment friendy way of getting my daily dose of flouride free H2O (eventually...when i can afford a nice water filtration system)

Edited by Amazonian

Reverse osmosis wastes about 5 litres for every litre made. So best to get it plumbed into your house so you can use the "waste" water

You have to be vigilant with cleaning/replacing the filter cartridges with all the water filters though, otherwise you end up just consuming a concentrated mix of toxins.

We should be campaigning/running for parliament, so we can get flouride free water directly out of the house hold tap, or the option at least, so those of you who don't mind fluoride can still get it in your water.

Vote Torsten Number #1 for prime minister :lol:

Edited by Amazonian

Thanks guys, it looks like reverse osmosis is the go!

Educate, does getting it plumbed in mean that the waste water is pumped into a reserve tank or something? Would be cool if it could be used for showers and washing, how does this work?

You have to be vigilant with cleaning/replacing the filter cartridges with all the water filters though, otherwise you end up just consuming a concentrated mix of toxins.

We should be campaigning/running for parliament, so we can get flouride free water directly out of the house hold tap, or the option at least, so those of you who don't mind fluoride can still get it in your water.

Vote Torsten Number #1 for prime minister :lol:

now I for one would vote T for prime minister :innocent_n:

Definately reverse osmosis.. Coming from a marine aquarium keeping background (always testing our tap water for suitability in top ups etc... Sydney water is filthy!!!) I installed a 4 stage reverse osmosis at my place and have never been happier.

Ordered my unit from psi filters http://www.psifilters.com.au/ . Give them a call or shoot them an email. Pete who runs psi is really knowledgeable in the field have a chat to him.

As was mentioned above though you do need to change out filters every few months and there will be several litres of "waste" water coming from the filter. We use it for watering plants and the like.

Definately reverse osmosis.. Coming from a marine aquarium keeping background (always testing our tap water for suitability in top ups etc... Sydney water is filthy!!!)

sorry for the off-topic. Where do you get your water tested, and what does it cost ? My shower has a nasty smell (I cannot describe) when it first runs, and Im sure its creating health issues. Only yesterday I was discussing that I might have to get it tested.