The Corroboree
Moses

would it be wrong to send virus to spammers??

just thought id ask opinions,

my daughter is getting a ton of these lottery spams from all over and she mentioned

why cant we fill out their forms they want but attache a virus to damage them and stop the flood of spam

i realise it's slightly illegal, but is it at all possible???

top idea, although I know nothing of computer viruses and stuff.

I'd do it. The bible is full of violence and vengence, it's the way god made us!

most are dead addresses anyway. also, anyone who uses email without a virus scanner is stupid. Spammers usually aren't stupid.

also, if the target is a hotmail addres or similar then hotmail might ban your IP and possibly get your email account closed.

most are dead addresses anyway. also, anyone who uses email without a virus scanner is stupid. Spammers usually aren't stupid.

also, if the target is a hotmail addres or similar then hotmail might ban your IP and possibly get your email account closed.

cheers bud, i kinda figured they'd scan it for virus i was just wondering if there was a tricky way to package it but i didnt think of getting my ip banned, guess we just put up with it.

There is a scholl of though that drives "419 eaters", in that acting as a victim, stringing scammers along for weeks & months (sometimes years) with increasingly ridiculous storyplay is of immense benifit, as they have their eye on a a 'willing rube', they dont have the time to spend on manipulating genuinely naive victims.

You will find though that the vast majority are from west africa (but also Malaysia is getting on board) and the many 419'ers have been traced to an internet cafe. So by sending a virus, really you are only crippling a business owner, and the perp can simply move to another computer.

You want an alternative ? Send make some ID, forms, whatever, however create your attachment with this http://www.xnet.se/fd/ and make it al large as your provider will allow. A shitty Cote d'Ivoire internet cafe wont have high speed connections, and your scammer will keep trying to open it before responding to you. WHen he does, send it to him again :)

Spammers usually aren't stupid.

Spammers or Scammers ? In most cases, two of the same. And they are INCREDIBLY stupid when there's the promise of a fish wriggling on the end of their hook, and they are blinded by how theyre going to spend all the money.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/

Woirth signing up for some of the classic baits, that are otherwise hidden. Photos of scammers being talked into milking steeds for sperm, getting tattoos with fictional church logos etc, on the basis that payday is around the corner.

I use to have a little flash app I made that opened itself 10 times every second in new browser windows.

Back in the days of MySpace it was perfect for embedding on people pages that I wasn't to fond of :)

It wasn't a virus as such, it would just smash the persons comp with a fuckload of browser pages until it locked up :) but now with popup blockers it wouldn't work nearly as good :(

What's the domain that the e-mails are supposedly coming from? Someone might be able to look into how they're reaching your daughter's inbox and do something for you (PMing the e-mail header and structure to someone would point them in the right direction for action or research) but it's unlikely that they'd be using Windows to send these out so a virus would be a waste of time.

By the way, what sort of e-mail service is your daughter using that isn't filtering these messages? :wacko:

I can analyse your header datato determine the origin down to street level and the ISP used.......... this information doesn't really do much for her though.

The simple advice is to get a gmail account. DONT respond to them, unless you want to play, because it will confirm a hit from their side, nd you will get1/2 dozen scripted responses that are just as much a pain in the ass.

Honestly, i have an unfiltered catcher account that gets hundreds of scam emails per day, if she is getting the occasional one slip through, then the best option really is to simply delete tthem and get on with life.

just kill everyone

• Like 1

Spammers use scripts, they send tens of thousands of emails a day if not more. They don't check their inboxes.

Scammers however.. I picture scammers to be a group of poorly paid indian or chinese people, probably paid about $1 a day to send emails to people and try and phish for information. So you can string them along all you want... but you may have just cost that dude's family their dinner.

Scammers however.. I picture scammers to be a group of poorly paid indian or chinese people, probably paid about $1 a day to send emails to people and try and phish for information. So you can string them along all you want... but you may have just cost that dude's family their dinner.

Sure, or let them succeed, to the detriment of some innocent person. Or would you prefer your dear, sweet grandmother got stung for ten thousand dollars so some scam artist doesnt have to find legitimate means to earn an income ?

hard not to want to take action against spammers,..... if you are a believer in karma, then you wouldnt want to create more karma yourself. with karma "what you give is what you get"