The Corroboree
chnt

Manna - psilocybin mushroom documentary

highly interesting.

you wont regret watching this.

Edited by chnt
  • Like 6

3 minutes into it and already looking like a good movie!

my recommendation comes with a 30 day guarantee.

you wont regret watching this.

free stake knives...

Just watched a Titanic Documentary, was just about to watch 'The Land Before Time (1988)' but I'll watch this instead!

Thanks for posting!

weird.. randomly found this on youtube the other night after searching "mushrooms" whilst bored out of my brains.. bit of synchronicity there!

worth the watch!

weird.. randomly found this on youtube the other night after searching "mushrooms" whilst bored out of my brains.. bit of synchronicity there!

worth the watch!

this is basically exactly how i found it too.

thanks everyone.

interesting UK perspective on mushrooms. surely semilanceata played a role in prehistoric europe...

interesting.

i do disagree though that science is ignoring the information contained in nature. it's more just that science hasn't yet discovered what exactly makes nature tick. and it's not as though "science" is ignoring it, theres active research happening all the time trying to work out what genetics means exactly in terms of making life what it is. the technology/human knowledge to decipher it simply hasn't happened yet. modern genetic research is no more than 100 years old, and the technology to properly analyse it is still in it's infancy. especially with analysis of the genetic nature of consciousness, science simply doesn't know. the narrator seems to suggest that science is all but ignoring genetics and biological consciousness, whereas the truth is that the technology to properly understand it simply doesn't exist yet. in the future science and technology will catch up, but i disagree that scientists are ignoring it. i think the narrator makes several assumptions about the current state of the art which are miseading. what is intelligence, morover, what is genetic intelligence?

to consume psilocybin is to consume the truth

well, that could be debated on a number of levels. the truth about what? what is truth? what is fiction?

• Like 2

This was brilliant, thanks. One to spread far and wide for sure.

His depiction of the psychedelic experience is poetic and his expression in general is clearly inspired.

I particularly like the way he expresses the notion of Genetic Evolution being Natural Intelligence's form of self-learning expression and his beautiful reminders of the immense and incredible intelligence we are continuously immersed in but are often de-sensitised to, due to It's omnipresence. This is something that I obviously know, but hadn't languaged to myself for a while :(

Has anyone read his book that he sprukes at the start, 'The Psilocybin Solution'? (SAB Search Engine said no) Will have to track it down.

Gotta love late Friday nights. :)

Peace Out

I'm really looking forward to watching this when I have time. Psylocibe semilanceata was my first real psychedelic, after Cannabis, and the mushrooms are unbelievably cheeky. Smaller doses are whizz-bang fun, but larger doses are really intense.

As a teenager doing this stuff, we had no access to forums like this, shamanism was a dirty word called witch-doctor and we didn't even know what dose we were taking (or should be taking). Half the time we weren't even sure what we were ingesting, I only discovered the name semilanceolata years later. Forays in to the unknown.

We used to go wandering the sheep paddocks of mid-wales, when the mushrooms liked you they would peek up through the grass and show to be picked. You would only ever find as many as you needed, or as they wanted, as you followed your path, you would pick and eat as you began your journey, and when the animals started to talk to you the mushrooms would say goodbye and the story would begin.

Thank the great god mushroom we have so much info. nowadays, when things got weird back then there was no context to put it all into. Gotta love Terence Mckenna for helping with that!