The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

Meet up: Perth

SAB MEET + BBQ. 19/4/2020. 9am. Milne St, Bayswater (see image below), adjacent to Riverside Gardens

perthbbqmeet.thumb.jpg.a32e2cc03daebf79a44e17c7f1d22a6d.jpg

Will be putting on a brekkie style BBQ. Will be bringing some stuff for giveaway. I encourage others to do the same

Hope to see you all there

Ps no vegan options supplied

@5ht2a @87_botanist @Uda @Martyh64 @mr b.caapi @cheapfame @moon_unit @Bush Turkey @LikeAshesWeFade @migraineur @Ambient @Realm @Pie'oh'Pah @oneirophonics @Mapacho @cbruce333 @Curandero @oxydiser @prandz @Sol @shadowcreature @gnosticgnome @thegreenriviera @totemgoat @Idon'tstudydinosaurs

• Like 4

@Gimli dw I'll bring vegan options :P

Edited by 5ht2a
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds good, I'll be there :)

I might have a couple things to contribute to the giveaway.

Can't wait will be my first meet after joining in 2013, what a ride.

I gotta thin out my column collection interested in extending my knowledge & collection in mycology. But some are huge so be ready to transport or meet with me again later in the day if you want to plan a trade.

In addition I have some massive TBM clusters.

Thanks so much for tagging me.

I've got heaps of Khat so I'll be giving out suckers of red and narrow.

Finally I'll bring up a mate from down south if anyone else want to do the same we can make some introductions.

Edited by Pie'oh'Pah
Date correct

Given SCOMOs address seems like it will be hard to meet.

Anyone wanting to trade buttons, khat or columns just let me know. Lots of other interesting concentrates.

Wanting to extend my collection in mycology.

Other fruiting/flowering/budding supplies also of interest.

Fuck COVID!

Perhaps it won't be too hard?

Anyone? Anything?

Also wondering if we can make this work somehow! End to end encrypted online meet and post? Any ideas?

On 09/04/2020 at 7:27 AM, psyx said:

Also wondering if we can make this work somehow! End to end encrypted online meet and post? Any ideas?

https://meet.jit.si/

^Encrypted end to end video chat for groups

Good thinking Acacia. See y'all there. Respect everyone's profile on the facebook event. Don't be snooping, sharing profiles, or taking screenshots.

• Like 1

Please invite your local contacts in the event :)

In these desperate times how do you feel about an interstater popping in for a quick gday? I don’t have much to trade but may be in a position to purchase a few goodies. Also if it goes smoothly I might try to organise one for QLD. Thanks 

• Like 1

I'm all good with that, I was thinking it might be worth just opening it up to the entire community.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Acacia said:

I'm all good with that, I was thinking it might be worth just opening it up to the entire community.

Agreed lets make it at least au wide

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pie'oh'Pah said:

Agreed lets make it at least au wide

Done.

Can you guys please invite your contacts? :) I think Saturday might be too short notice now, so i've added a poll on the page people can vote on. Thoughts on that?

Hey folks I haven't seen much talk or interest in the next meet up online so I thought I'd post it here, you gotta express interest to get the details as well be seeing some peoples gardens and only active members will be allowed. 

Get in there! Last one was really fun. 

Hey there Perth People

The Australian Psychedelic Society's new chapter in Perth presents the fourth seminar in the Perth Altered States Series which explores the relationships between psychedelic experiences and contemplative practices such as mindfulness meditation.

The idea of a connection between psychedelic states and Eastern meditative practices has persisted since the early days of psychedelic science. Recent research has documented psychological and neural commonalities between psychedelic and meditative states, and synergistic interactions between psychedelic ingestion and meditative practice. Moreover, psychedelic-assisted psychotherapies sometimes employ concepts (such as “psychological flexibility”) that have strong connections to contemplative practices.

The session will be led by Dr Chris Letheby and Tobias Penno, both of whom have conducted academic research into connections between psychedelics and contemplative practices. Letheby and Penno will present and explore philosophical, scientific, and clinical perspectives on the relationships between psychedelics and contemplative practices such as mindfulness.

WHEN:     
Sunday 27th Jun 2021, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm AWST

WHERE:  The University of Western Australia

TICKETS:  https://events.humanitix.com/altered-states-series-workshop-three-citizen-research-meditation?fbclid=IwAR1UdaBMEnc43Nv1ryGsP1aCPLytM6eydSG_g5cpn0LRkeDGHp19BNCXAvI

image.thumb.png.de08e8298b70b7a4ba5ba94206b8cc76.png

If anyone in Perth is interested in cannabis and cannabis law reform, the Australian Psychedelic Society-APS is co-hosting an event with the SSDP with speakers discussing this plant from the perspectives of science, society & politics. Both these organisations need your support if we're to help bring about change, and I know the Perth crew would love to see you all there in person.

TICKETS HERE

On 18/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, migraineur said:

When is the next Perth meet up? 

Should try for one soon. 

Last one I went to musty off been 10 years ago. 

Also, Perth plant society show next month. Cacti society peeps be there. 

Got my first lophs at the Sydney one many years ago.

IMG_0653.png