The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

Meet up: Perth

Sounds like a great idea.

Have been a long-time lurker- have met a few of you in the past few years, but would love to meet more!

I have had way too many extended periods away from the forum- life unfortunately gets in the way.

Have a few things for trade and will also bring cash.

• Like 1

Sunday, 11am @ Mill Point Road Car Park (UNDER THE NARROWS BRIDGE) - LATE MINUTE CHANGE DUE TO POSSIBLE SHIT WEATHER - SEE PAGE 36

@cheapfame @Tasman @87_botanist @migraineur @Idon'tstudydinosaurs @Ambient @Bush Turkey @chilli @moon_unit @Uda @LikeAshesWeFade

If I've missed any active folk, feel free to tag them.

Let's actually do this?!

Edited by Gimli
  • Like 2

Sounds good count me in, I'll bring along a few things to trade and some $$, maybe an idea for people to post a wish list? Give us all an idea on specifics to bring along? @Realm @Pie'oh'Pah

• Like 1

Let's do it. I should start propagating more cuttings etc to bring. 

What are people chasing? 

• Like 2

Some plants of interest to me are,

Tabernanthe sp.

piper sp. (kava would be great now that the ban has been lifted)

v.africana a few different viridis cultivators or just a few leaves of each for propagation

mansoa alliacea

e.australe 

m.pudica

a.courtii 

a.obtusifolia

a.siplicifolia

tropicals (mangrove plants, vines, ornamentals, beehive gingers, strangler fig, anything that's cool and unusual)

• Like 1

Bringing:

Viridis leaves, rooted (4 strains) - should hopefully be plantlets by the time of the meet up
Nicotiana tabacum seeds

Maybe a few Gastrolobium seed or seedlings (if people are interested in native poisons)

Want:

Tricho clone cuts, rooted or unrooted

Pachanoi crown cuts or logs for grafting stock

Giveaway:

See page 36

Edited by Gimli
  • Like 3

Bunnings sells Acacia acuminata and it's where I got mine. It's a good source of food for bees too. 

I have:

Lots of Urban Tribes T Bridgesii

Lots of Eileen T Brigesii (this girl grows nice and fat)

A minimal amount of Bolivian Torch Cactus Var kk242 T Brigesii.  This one grows so big and fat and is covered in spines. It's my pride and joy. 

Some San Pedro Cactus

Dragonfruit and all 3 varieties of it. It grows quickly by cactus standards, provides tasty fruit and is also great grafting stock, especially for slow growing and expensive cacti.

Pereskiopsis (good for grafting slow growing and expensive cacti)

I also have psychotria carthagenensis and I think I've got some self seeded khat seedlings coming up. 

I might have some acacia floribunda seeds too but if cuttings are easy to strike and anyone's keen then I could consider making some cuttings.

I'm trying to strike some tabernanthe iboga cuttings at the moment. They take ages to strike though. 

I'm looking for:

Varieties of B Caapi

Chalipongo/chagropanga (Diplopterys cabrerana)

Psychotria Viridis

Psychotria Nexus

Peganum Harmala

Anything else interesting to buy/trade. 

I've got some other ethnos but I'm tired and can't remember their names right now.

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, Gimli said:

How does Sunday, April 22nd sit with everyone? BBQ, have a yarn, trade some love

Sounds good to me, if we can lock it in for good ill make sure I'm there.

@Mapacho

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:16 PM, Gimli said:

Want:

Tricho clone cuts, rooted or unrooted

Tricho seedlings (nice hybrids in pairs)

A grafting lesson lol

I am also on the same page as you @Gimli lol

I can bring Sally if anyone is interested in meeting her?

I can also colonise so mushroom bags if anyone is interested I could do oysters, reishi and should hopefully have lions mane soon. With special orders available.

Also might have a few seedlings if I get my ass into gear...

Edited by 87_botanist
  • Like 4

I’m new to ethnobotany so can’t contribute much (except cold hard cash) but would love to pop down, as long as kids soccer games don’t clash.

Edited by Cockyboy
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Cockyboy said:

I’m new to ethnobotany so can’t contribute much (except cold hard cash) but would love to pop down, as long as kids soccer games don’t clash. I’m interested in

psychotria viridis

nicotiana tabacum 

mitragyna speciosa

catha edulis

ephedra sinica

Also interested in p cub. spores (for microscopy purposes only), unless I come across some in the meantime. 

Hit up oatis for prints 

• Like 1

@Cockyboy Not to sound like an old nanna bro, but as far as I'm aware a few of the plants listed are a big no go zone, I would prob edit your last post, we can still keep heaps of interesting but legal plants, good luck ;-)

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up - rookie mistake. Have fixed her up. 

Edited by Cockyboy
  • Like 1

Sounds good to me. I'll be  there, mainly after cacti. :)

• Like 1

Hopefully I might make an appearance too... Also have the numbers of a couple more local cactophiles I can let know, I think ones on here but not sure about the other one.

Should have my shit together for once by April and be ready to drag myself out of my antisocial hermitude :)

Happy to give some grafting advice where needed and may have some crests, monsters and buttons to part with too, assuming I haven't flogged em all on ebay before hand.

All things going well, will also be looking for some guinea pigs to volunteer for my neuroscience/psychopharmacology honours research project (which involves taking nabilone - aka medicinal synthetic THC, so yeah you would be volunteering to get stoned)

Anyway, see how it all goes and if I actually make it out of the lab or my cave :)

• Like 4

Sunday, 11am @ Mill Point Road Car Park (UNDER THE NARROWS BRIDGE) - LATE MINUTE CHANGE DUE TO POSSIBLE SHIT WEATHER - SEE PAGE 36

What time should we convene? Try get a table/BBQ spot!

Would anyone be interested in running a small workshop on grafting?

Edited by Gimli
  • Like 3

Yep I'm keen for Sunday, the 22nd April!! :lol:

Hey cactus amigos, I like this community vibe going at the moment! 

I actually came on here to post some seedlings for sale but this meet looks cool and I should be right to make it down, workload permitting.    

I am trying to whittle down my trich collection at the moment :rolleyes:, as I have grown a surplus of hybrids and chavin herbalists seeds from South America.
Of course I know every little fella could be an epic beast when it puts on its big boy pants, but they have to go and I'd love to spread them around, especially in WA.  So let me know if any of you are keen to grab some in the meantime, and I'm sure there'll be some to bring down to the meet.  Graft the shit out of them, please!  I also have some peru and random bridge cuts to shift.

I'm also happy to show and share with people how to graft if they need some pointers.  Its pretty basic tbh and there are plenty of different methods, but I'm sure between us we can show a variety of ways.  There are definitely a few simple tricks and tools I like to use that have increased the take ratio to 95%+.  I'll see if I can gather some grafting stock to bring.

Seedlings from South America:

Vision Quest 1 (Pach from ecuadorian shaman family)
Pumacayan (chavin jaguar temple pach)
Pomachanca (chavin temple pach)
Legendary Matucana Pachanoi (famous for...stuff)
Surco (peru from CH)
Collana Pichu (peru from village as named, revered by villagers)
El Lanzon (seeds from the famous chavin mother plant that got hacked)
Huari (Peru from CH)

Spineless huarimayo (Peru from CH)
Tarica (santaensis from CH, fat AF mother plant)
Mal Paso (beast peru from CH)
Wuallac (fat Af santaensis)
Huarazino (peru from Huaraz)

Some of these are low in supply.  

Hybrids:

Peru2 x Icaros
SS01/SS02 x Pach Jessica
Icaros x SS02/SS01
Macro x Lumberjack
Psycho x Sharxx
Huarazensis x Pach Jessica
TPM x Sharxx
Sharxx X TPM
Icaros x Sharxx
Icaros x Brad
Sharxx x J3 (some cuts, a couple of seedlings...only got 10 from rod as they are sup[er rare)
Super Pedro x Rosei 1
Rod x Rosei 2
Rosei 1 x Yowie
Rosei 1 x MG red spine
Rosei 1 x Fields pach
Rosei 2 x MG red spine
Rosei 2 x Rod
MGred spine x Rosei 2
CLiff x Bridge short spine
Cliff x Rod
CLiff x MG Red spine
Cliff x Yowie
Cliff x Peru sp.
Cliff x PC
Knuthinaus "Dawsons" x sharxx

I might have some sharxx x ben, sharxx x J3 pups and various other pups or cuts that will be clones of my faves or degrafts.  and perhaps a couple of wee sharxx x tpm grafted crests.

I'll generally do the price by eye but I'd guess the seedlings will be about $2-$3 for the small 1" trays, (most would be 3-8cm), and about the same ratio on any larger seedling stuff I bring.  Some of the SA ones cost me more (Lanzon, LMP) so they'll be a bit more.  I'll do a discount for bulk/group purchases too.  The more you get the cheaper I'll make it :) I also have a few cliff cuts and psycho0 cuts, bridge and peru cuts I'm keen to move.
Lastly I have a 4 foot 4 bulb and 2 foot 4 bulb t5 HO light that I'm happy to let go of for a good deal too, perfect if anyone's getting into growing.

Edited by Mapacho
  • Like 3

Woohoo! Finally validated!

I am keen to come on down for the meet up. Have only recently (re)started gardening ethnobotanicals again from scratch so I don’t have a whole lot to trade just yet but all in good time. Will hopefully have some seedlings and/or cuttings going :) 

Been a long time lurker and despite having a garden previously had absolutely zero involvement or participation in the community - happy to be changing that this time around :)

• Like 1

@5ht2a good to see you here finally. How are those acacias I gave you going? :)

Can't wait to put more faces to names!