The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

Meet up: Perth

What time is everyone getting there? 

Hey everyone, I'm thinking 10am at the Vic Park farmers market (McMillan Park, Vic Park, WA). I've not been to the park before so I figure I'll update this thread with a good location to meet once I'm there (also open to suggestions if anyone already knows the lay of the lands on market days).

Looking forward to reuniting with a few fellow cacti enthusiasts and meeting some new ones, cya this Sunday 16th April, Mcmillan Park ,10am.

Heading off now, free cliff cutting for the first person who spots me in my cactus shirt, and two more for trade if anyone else would like them.

20170416_090326.jpg

20170416_090326.thumb.jpg.64535e343960a1ae9d6618bf74ee3366.jpg

20170416_090326.thumb.jpg.64535e343960a1ae9d6618bf74ee3366.jpg

Edited by Ambient

Congrats to Uda, the proud new owner of the cliff cutting giveaway :)

Hope to see more of you there next time. 

Edited by Ambient

Sorry I don't get on here much. Next time. Someone bring some Kava next time as it's now legal in WA again!!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bush Turkey said:

Sorry I don't get on here much. Next time. Someone bring some Kava next time as it's now legal in WA again!!!!!

Where did you that information from?

On 28/05/2017 at 9:30 PM, 87_botanist said:

Where did you that information from?

In feb of this year they lifted the ban

Hey guys thought this could be a good venue for another meet up I'm keen to meet ya'll

After two successful plant sales this year, volunteers are busy preparing for the big Festival plant sale to be held on Saturday, 16 and Sunday, 17 September 2017 between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm. A list of plants available to buy will be posted on this website three weeks before  the sale.

Over 11,000 native plants cultivated and grown by the Friends of Kings Park volunteers will be available for sale including a large range of Acacias, Banksias, Kangaroo paws, Grevilleas, trigger plants, small mallee Eucalypts, Verticordias, grafted plants such as the Pimelea physodes (Qualup Bell) and many, many more.

Monies raised from the plant sale supports research and projects in Kings Park and Botanic Garden.

http://www.friendsofkingspark.com.au/notices/plant-sales/

Who is ready for another Perth meet? Trade some plants, chill in a park, make connections. I've missed it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, chilli said:

Who is ready for another Perth meet? Trade some plants, chill in a park, make connections. I've missed it.

I'm keen to meet everyone....

• Like 2

You guys should have a shindig near Bayswater riverside gardens this weekend... ;)

Get yourselves some BBQ at the same time

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chilli said:

I’m keen.

• Like 1

Who is interested in an end of season meet for the purpose of selling/trading? Sometime April/May

For all intents and purpose, state what you will be there as:

Buyer/trader ($ and/or trades)

Seller (and what you will/could be selling)

I will be there as a buyer with $

@87_botanist @Tasman @Cubism @Idon'tstudydinosaurs @mr b.caapi @chilli @Uda @cheapfame Can't think of anyone else?

• Like 3

Definitely interested in an end of season meetup. Would be great to meet some like minded ppl. I might have something to trade or dollars to spend. :)

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 9:17 PM, Gimli said:

Who is interested in an end of season meet for the purpose of selling/trading? Sometime April/May

For all intents and purpose, state what you will be there as:

Buyer/trader ($ and/or trades)

Seller (and what you will/could be selling)

I will be there as a buyer with $

@87_botanist @Tasman @Cubism @Idon'tstudydinosaurs @mr b.caapi @chilli @Uda @cheapfame Can't think of anyone else?

Count me in I will be most probably be a buyer with $$$ unless I can get lucky with some great growing plants or anyone is interested in myco stuff I can make to order if time is given

Edited by 87_botanist
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 87_botanist said:

where would the meet up likely be??

Probably south perth foreshore. Can have a BBQ too.

Suggestions otherwise?

• Like 3

Hey guys I'm keen to meet Cool peeps,I know a few other members on here that would also be up for a plant meet & a yarn, how do I go about tagging them? I'll have  the following to trade 

psychotrias

sceletium tortuosum

rocoto chillis

huacatay

mopacho

silene capensis

Various acacia seedlings 

desmantus illionous

desmantus virgatus 

Heimia salicifolia

king of bittters

mimosa tenuiflora

piper sarmentosum

& various seeds

:-)

Edited by moon_unit
  • Like 3

Count me in. South Perth foreshore has worked well before so might as well keep a good thing going. I'll come as a trader, buyer with dollarydoos and seller with whatever I can bear to part with :P

• Like 3

Haven't been active in a few years but I'm keen. I'll have a heap of cliff bridgesii cuttings 

• Like 4

Definitely too keen to get these meets fired back up!! Soo many faces I've still not met and/or have not seen in bloody years!! :) Can't wait.. I'll be there (for now) as a buyer and can also bring up whatever spare seeds I may have laying around, but I will have to check everything I've got a make up a little list! :lol:

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade
  • Like 1